Help Me, Help You - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help Me, Help You
Monday, March 02, 2009 9:24 PM
Alright guys

Help me, Help you. (Although most of you don't need help)

With these tough times in the economy, people have less money to spare.

Me being in the auto field, the auto industry is taking a big toll. People either don't want to spend money on their cars, or can not afford to do so, especially when shop prices are $80-110 per hour labor plus parts mark-up.

Brakes can easily cost 300-400 per axle (Hell I wrote an estimate today for $890 for front pads and rotors on a 07 Q7)

Engine repairs are costly.

Right now, it is usually more beneficial to actually fix your car instead of throwing it away and buying a new one.

I'm working on getting a customer base for myself, people who trust me to do the work for them when they need it. I am hoping to open my own shop in the near future (less than 5 years) I would love to have a decent customer base BEFORE I get into a place of my own.

With all this being said, help me help you. Tell your friends, family, co-workers and acquaintances about me. I am a ASE certified technician with 3+ years of hands on experience (I know that's not that much, but I'm only 21!! By this spring I will be a Master Certified Tech)

I do quality work for a fraction of the price.(and I do mean fraction) Currently working out of my garage on nights and weekends. My days off are usually easier for the hard work. But brake's, most suspension and steering, and some light engine work can be done after my daily job.

More for you guys, I can and have done most aftermarket installs, including lowering, turbo'ing, engine swaps, wiring, stand alone systems, gauges, stereo's, I have the ability to street tune your car also, but would like to stay away from doing so for the time being. You name it, I probably have done it. If you don't want to get your hands dirty, but don't want to spend the $80+ an hr for the local shops to do installs contact me. I usually charge $40/hr

Don't let my age fool you, if you have had work done by me, or want to. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what I can do.

Contact me if you need something done, or knows someone that needs work done. We can set things up

Ryan
Seven Six Three - 234- Eight Six 7 0

Re: Help Me, Help You
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 12:02 AM
ryan is a good guy and knows his stuff, he is young, smart, and innovative where he has accomplished things that very few have with the cav. id trust him if i didnt already do my own car work. also he failed to mention he is located around the twin cities area so anyone that needs work done def hit him up.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 8:24 AM
You have a welder?

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:47 AM
Jeff Workman wrote:You have a welder?

Better question, is what do you need welded? I do have a welder, but I am only able to weld select things. LMK

Thanks Gary for the vouche, I really appreciate it, especailly since I have never done any work for you personally.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:29 AM
I have a header and ill be getting a high flow cat soon and ill need it all welded.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 2:59 PM
assuming everything is stainless, it would be easier for me to do the work at my "real" job, with the millermatic i have available.. I would have to look at it, if the header is installed and you just need a downpipe and cat welded in, probably be about $100-150 depending on how much bending and fabbing i need to do. keep in mind that is the price the shop i work at would charge.

If your in the Minneaopolis area, give me a call so I can take a look at it on the lift and give ya a better "quote"

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 3:05 PM
Where are you located?

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:23 PM
Blaine MN

Which is about 20 mins north of the twin cities

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 7:49 PM
Im over in the woodburt area. But no it not in yet and ill still have to pick up a cat as well. But, heres the curve...I have a cat back welded to the stock flange after the cat, so i would want to keep that as well...

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 8:43 PM
Definetely sounds like a job that would easier for me to do at my real job.. We are half exhaust shop so I have access to a bender (compression bender )very good welder and most clamps and hangers in stock..

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:21 AM
I can vouche for Ryan also, he is very knowledgeable about cars, he is a good guy and has helped me out many times.

Friday, March 06, 2009 9:57 PM
Thanks Josh, let me know if you need help with your new project.

I've had a few people ask questions, I have free time for week. Let me help you get these winter projects done..

Monday, March 09, 2009 8:40 PM
Keeping this up top, to gain more interest.

Monday, March 09, 2009 9:56 PM
if only you didnt live so far away

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search