2.4L turbo kit for sale - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4L turbo kit for sale
Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:28 AM
*** Buyer backed out, so I'm reposting this. All packaged up and ready to go to the post office. ***

Price $1600 shipped.

Turbo kit:
- T3 super 60 turbo
- Internal wastegate (spare included)
- Log style exhaust manifold
- Reflashed ’00-02 ECU (flashed for S/C, manual trans)
- JRC intercooler (22x7x3.75)
- Drain and feedlines
- Gaskets
- Oil pan with welded bung
- Fuel pressure gauge, liquid filled
- Silicon couplers
- T-bolt clamps
- 36lb injectors (4)
- 40lb injectors (4)
- Autometer z-series gauges (boost, oil pressure, EGT)
- Lokar 3 gauge pillar pod
- GM 2 bar MAP sensor + wiring pig tail
- NGK spark plugs
- 2.5” mandrel / welded exhaust
- Two down pipes (see below)
- Flex pipe
- 2.5” high flow cat
- 2.5” resonator
- Series 40 muffler
- Stainless tip (made to work with 2K+ lipped rear)
- Charge pipes
- 1st gen DSM BOV

Pictures:

Here’s the story on the turbo kit:

I built this turbo kit for my ’96 Cavalier during the summer of 2004. The process started with swapping out the 2.2L, then rebuilding a 2.4L, then building the turbo kit. While working out the 2.4L issues (rewired the ECU for a one wire knock sensor, timing chain tensioner failed) I put about 1,500 miles on the engine and turbo kit. I never had the wastegate hooked up, so I never saw more than 2 psi. This was enough of a pressure differential that I heard the BOV pop, so I know it is crushed (this is popular amongst DSM guys). I purchased a ’01 Z24 with the intension of putting the kit on that car. 4 years later it still hasn’t happened. Other projects have taken priority and it’s time to clear out some space.

The oil pan was welded at a local shop, the drain line is a –10 AN. Feedline is a –4AN with an inline restrictor.

Charge pipes run under the engine. They were made to fit the FMIC and a 2.3L intake manifold. I will provide the place I bought the 90 silicon coupler from, this connects to a stock 2.4L TB mounted on the 2.3L manifold. I have the 2.3L manifold and this silicon elbow on my car currently, so they aren’t included in the kit.

As mentioned above, the kit was originally built for a ’98 engine, so I had fittings for the extra injectors (MF2) welded into the charge pipe. After I purchased the ’01 Z24 I had a computer reflashed for the S/C program.

There are two caveats. I never heard any leaky welds (exhaust or charge pipes), but this project was my first time welding, so some beads are ugly. Caveat #2 is I currently have the gauges in my ‘01. Oil and manifold pressure are hooked up. I’ve never had the EGT gauge hooked up (the probe was in the downpipe, but voltage never hooked to the gauge) so this needs to be checked.

The reason for two down pipes is I removed the A/C from the ’98 Cavalier. Later I decided I wanted a kit that looked 100% stock, so I made the second DP to be capable with the A/C system.

Any questions please ask.

Matt.Schreiner.craigslist @ gmail.com (remove spaces)

Matt S.

Re: 2.4L turbo kit for sale
Friday, March 13, 2009 10:15 AM
Ill think about it. Where are you located...

Friday, March 13, 2009 5:21 PM
Oshkosh, WI

Let me know.

Matt S.
Friday, March 13, 2009 6:16 PM
How far from the cities is that?

Monday, March 16, 2009 3:10 PM
5 hours give or take.

Matt S.
Monday, April 13, 2009 11:35 AM
hey man interested in the kit.... I have a 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier with the 2.4l twin cam... SO this kit has everything inorder to install it in my car...
Monday, January 11, 2010 12:21 PM
i have a 99 cavalier z24 n im looking for turbo or sc kit, but i need to know which would be easier to install...the supercharger kit would cost me $2500 but all i would have to do is get bigger injectors...but id like to see which would be better....i was told a turbo kit for an automatic would tear up my tranny...
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:06 PM
you still got the turbo kit?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search