Im back (again) - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Im back (again)
Saturday, March 07, 2009 9:25 PM
Hey all. Im back again for now. Now assuming that this fancy ass new computer doesnt have any problems and I keep my job (knock on wood)

My tranny is still fubared but I finally got my 5 year raise at work so as long as I keep that, I should finally be able to save the money and fix it pretty damn soon.

so how has everyone been doing?

Re: Im back (again)
Saturday, March 07, 2009 11:51 PM
whats up man how you been? get a new trans already!!

Sunday, March 08, 2009 1:06 AM
Ya, i was standing there just staring at the computer thinking "this should be transmission money" but I bought it anyway.

I just cant stand life without you guys LOL

The PC is the only real thing ive bought in a while.... Im kinda afraid to spend money right now..... even when I have all the cash for the tranny parts stashed away... I prob wont fix it until either things start getting better or by some rare act of god that I happen to have to have more than enough saved.

Although... everyday I drive my Buick.... I miss the sunfire a little more.....

at least summer isn't that far away and ill be able to ride my bike again.

Sunday, March 08, 2009 3:51 PM
Holy @!#$ its been a while since i've seen ur post around. Dude just get the tranny fixed and start driving the fire. How are the cams working for ya?
Sunday, March 08, 2009 6:01 PM
Cams work fine..... tranny makes funny noises

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 11:08 AM
just keep saving just incase. the fire is a hobby and if something happens to ya itd be nice to have the cash to cover ur ass. keep saving till you feel comfortable.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 10:31 PM
gmanz24 wrote:just keep saving just incase. the fire is a hobby and if something happens to ya itd be nice to have the cash to cover ur ass. keep saving till you feel comfortable.

thats what I'm thinking....

Besides the fact the synchros are shot..... now I get a vroomph vroomph vroomph sound when I let off the gas coming from the driveline... but as soon as I apply any throttle it goes away.... sounds like a popped axle but I checked them and both seem fine..... hopefully I'll fiqure it out whenever I pull the tranny.

The Buick needs all new struts, a wheel bearing, and to be aligned and balanced..... but screw it.... .... it's getting me to work and thats what matters..........

The bike just needs a new chain and is ready to go, and I'll be riding that more than anything this summer...

BTW the bike is almost done...... well it is.... I just still have to put the vinyls boosted made for me on the sides and then thats it...

IDK if I showed ya all or not...

Till then...... I drive the granny mobile..

Then theres the "hobby"

I hate paying Insurance LOL

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:19 PM
I love the look of that thing!
(the bike)

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:08 PM
I'm lovin the sunfire!! do you have to take the covers off every time you have the headlights on?? I've been thinking about getting a set of covers for mine...

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:02 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:I love the look of that thing!
(the bike)

Chris

Thanks man....

heres the rest of the pics...

its an old bike but I like it.......

what I really want is one of these! (although I love old Harleys too.) (me on a brand new YZFR1 at the Yamaha dealership - pic taken with a cell phone)

Quote:

I'm lovin the sunfire!! do you have to take the covers off every time you have the headlights on?? I've been thinking about getting a set of covers for mine...

Thanks although it's pretty much stock on the outside lol .... You can get away with leaving them on at night just driving around town with the street lights everywhere.... I usually just turn my brights on and the cops dont notice...

you'd be supprised how much light shines through them..... it's actually enough to see driving in the country at night...... but I wouldnt reccomend it (not very safe at speed)...... If I actually go somewhere after dark where I'll have to do over 45MPH for more than a minute or 2, I remove them..... although it's not that hard..

it's just pop the hood, pull em off, and toss em in the back seat quick.

Friday, March 13, 2009 5:02 PM
D.O.D. sticker and all.

gay rocket. keep the 50's @!#$ man

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, March 13, 2009 10:11 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:D.O.D. sticker and all.

gay rocket. keep the 50's @!#$ man

Chris

Ya, I like that style way more... but I wouldn't call it 50's more like late 60s early 70s...........

Old stuff is more my style it's just that I want to go fast and do wheelies.

And ya, the DOD sticker is on there from when I was in the military..... it says Elmendorf AFB on it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search