MN/WI Meet Rock Falls Raceway, April 19th - Page 2 - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: MN/WI Meet Rock Falls Raceway, April 19th
Thursday, April 02, 2009 6:20 PM
You guys need to go the 18th so I can race against ya!

Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:30 PM
^^^^^ Until now..... I thought that was a Grand Prix GXP.....

Friday, April 03, 2009 6:16 AM
Nope, G8 GT. 6.0L of fury.

Should be running a mid-low 13

Friday, April 03, 2009 9:59 PM
^^^ That thing stock still.... or have ya already started to do things to it?

Those are FWD arnt they?

Saturday, April 04, 2009 6:20 PM
Well the Buick is fixed.... the damn strut pulled right through the strut mount WTF? I've never seen or even heard of that happening.

God that rear single leaf spring suspension sucks.... Im sore as hell now.

Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:08 AM
Weebel wrote:^^^ That thing stock still.... or have ya already started to do things to it?

Those are FWD arnt they?

Its not stock. So far I have an intake, catback, ECM/TCM tune. I should be right around 400hp at the crank, or about 340whp.

Its RWD.

I'm expecting mid-low 13's.

Sunday, April 05, 2009 3:23 PM
^^^^ Sweet...... we need more RWD cars.....

It's a nice looking car.... although it would be better with 2 less doors

I love my fire..... but sometimes I wonder if I should give up on modding it and use that money for a Trans Am or something. But knowing me.... I'll never give up LOL.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:55 AM
just an update. i'll be bowling a tourney regardless, but the weather is looking like cold and rainy this weekend.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:22 PM
An apdate for me too...

To be honest.... theres less than a 10% chance I'm gunna make it.. (weather regardless)

Although my Buick is having problems... I was still going to try to fix it Saturday, or at least take by bike...... but.....

Although I cant go get the trans parts from negligence now.... theres a chance I can get a trans for the Sunfire at a local salvage yard this weekend. And if that happens.... I'm going to be doing a tranny swap instead.

I gues there's always the chance I could have it together by Saturday night if everything goes perfect.... but I doupt its gunna happen.

Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:05 AM
So this is somewhat of the list that I got...

1. ihavenolife000
2. blucav
3. jon turbo grand am
4. rollie785
5. RyZ96
6. Mythod
7. Weebel (doubtful)
8. 94 Project Bird (maybe)

Do I have this right? Or whats everyone's plans?

I just checked the weather, it just changed that its now 40% chance of rain with a high of 50... Gonna be cold and crappy out. But I'm still going

Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:11 AM
Weebel wrote:An apdate for me too...

To be honest.... theres less than a 10% chance I'm gunna make it.. (weather regardless)

Although my Buick is having problems... I was still going to try to fix it Saturday, or at least take by bike...... but.....

Although I cant go get the trans parts from negligence now.... theres a chance I can get a trans for the Sunfire at a local salvage yard this weekend. And if that happens.... I'm going to be doing a tranny swap instead.

I gues there's always the chance I could have it together by Saturday night if everything goes perfect.... but I doupt its gunna happen.

please do this first http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=41&i=29896&t=29896 cut that piece of the sub frame and your life will be soooo much easier ok.

Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:48 PM
Ya gary I thought of that already.... my dad has a sawsall ready to go... I dont remember exactly what I need to cut but Im sure Ill find out when I go to pull the tranny.

You might as well take me off the list

I have to work this Saturday evening, so I have to get up early go get a $500 salvage yard trans (assuming they still have it and I can justify the spending) through it in the trunk of the Buick and go to work.... then on sunday I have to go to the parts store and get a rear hub assembly for the Buick (getting really bad now) and swap that out. Assuming there is a TOB in the salvage yard tranny (there should be but you never know) I'm looking at at least $600 I have to spend on cars in the next 2 days. And if there isnt a TOB in the trans.... a new one costs $214.... god damn I'm getting tired of fixing things..... just think of what all this money could buy in performance parts (or be saved for a YZFR1)

Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:09 PM
Weebel wrote:Ya gary I thought of that already.... my dad has a sawsall ready to go... I dont remember exactly what I need to cut but Im sure Ill find out when I go to pull the tranny.

You might as well take me off the list

I have to work this Saturday evening, so I have to get up early go get a $500 salvage yard trans (assuming they still have it and I can justify the spending) through it in the trunk of the Buick and go to work.... then on sunday I have to go to the parts store and get a rear hub assembly for the Buick (getting really bad now) and swap that out. Assuming there is a TOB in the salvage yard tranny (there should be but you never know) I'm looking at at least $600 I have to spend on cars in the next 2 days. And if there isnt a TOB in the trans.... a new one costs $214.... god damn I'm getting tired of fixing things..... just think of what all this money could buy in performance parts (or be saved for a YZFR1)

advance auto has the slave/tob for $99 online, and if the store is more they will match it.

Friday, April 17, 2009 11:00 PM
^^^^^ no @!#$? Thanks man!

I'll check that out..... both Napa and Autozone both quoted me over 200

I think there is an Advance autoparts in the town north of me.... I'll give them a call too if need be.

I'll still have to get an axle puller (pusher actually wtf is up with that) and a socket for the axle nut....

Saturday, April 18, 2009 1:35 AM
im still going also, i checked the weather and i was like that sucks but its always like this everytime it rains here its always nice over there, that happen to me alot of times.
Saturday, April 18, 2009 1:45 PM

yuck. @!#$ snow???

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Saturday, April 18, 2009 1:49 PM
photobucket ftl.
weather

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Saturday, April 18, 2009 8:42 PM
From the Rock Falls Website:

Due to the high percentages of wet weather forecasted for tonight and tomorrow (Sunday, April 19) along with the cold temps, the Sport Compact Race scheduled for tomorrow, Sunday, April 19 has been CANCELLED!! The next Sport Compact Race is scheduled for Sunday, May 3, so please mark your calendar and tell your friends!!

I just got my suspension put on too... dammit!

Saturday, April 18, 2009 9:18 PM
ihavenolife000 wrote:From the Rock Falls Website:

Due to the high percentages of wet weather forecasted for tonight and tomorrow (Sunday, April 19) along with the cold temps, the Sport Compact Race scheduled for tomorrow, Sunday, April 19 has been CANCELLED!! The next Sport Compact Race is scheduled for Sunday, May 3, so please mark your calendar and tell your friends!!

Awesome. Gives me more time to get my car ready to kick some 3rd gen ass....
Sunday, April 19, 2009 12:25 AM
wasas9 wrote:

ha... u wish guy!!!

Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:19 AM
gmanz24 wrote:
wasas9 wrote:

ha... u wish guy!!!

I have a tune, no transmission problems, and no leaky fuel lines this time

Saturday, May 02, 2009 8:39 AM
Anyone going tomorrow?

Saturday, May 02, 2009 11:07 AM
No..... theres a motorcycle run I'm planning on going to tomorrow....... I still havnt fixed the fire (still working on the damn buick) and Im leaving for Louisiana next week... so Im busy.

Saturday, May 02, 2009 6:10 PM
I would, but I work. A few more hours and some road trials and the Z is ready to own all the wussy 3rd gens...

I hate snakes in the grass who just wait for the weak
and then pounce. Oh well. Bottom feeders get the weak ones anyways.
Saturday, May 02, 2009 6:30 PM
nope. finals week next week. i'm swamped.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search