People from MN going to Rock Falls - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
People from MN going to Rock Falls
Monday, April 06, 2009 9:36 PM
hey i was wondering how many people we have from minnesota going out to rock falls on the 19th? i was wondering if some of you guys would wanna meet up somewhere and drive out there together?

Re: People from MN going to Rock Falls
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:35 AM
Just on the other side of the river off of I94 somewhere might work....

Although I'de feel out of place caravaning with a bunch of J-bodies in my buick LOL (My Sunfire will be fixed by next time though)

BTW..... I'm bringing my tripod and camera..... I'll try to find a good spot near the starting line..... so dont be surprised if I talk to you through a camera half the time LOL

If I cant run my car.... I'm at least going to let the AV nerd in me come out and have some fun..... I'll try to record everyone's(us guys) runs and take some pics and videos of us all in the lot and other places as well.

Then I'll edit it all together and post it up..... I'll also edit together everyone here's runs separately for you guys if you want it's always nice to have a video for proof as well as a time slip LOL.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO A QUESTION

Next time when my car is fixed..... do you think it's possible to record all of us and race at the same time or do you think it would be a bitch running back and forth or is it even possible? And if it is.... I would need someone else to record me with my camera.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:29 AM
Damn it i need to get my ass moving and get my car done before the 19th cuz i really dont wanna work on it the night before the track

And Sam don't worry man someone will always be ther to record
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:19 AM
Well technically I'm from MN, but living in WI... So you are on your own for now

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 6:28 AM
well we should set a spot to meet at.. im like 60 miles west of the cities so a spot and a time would be nice. what are you guys thinking? btw the buick will be just fine lol
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 3:17 PM
im still going, im trying to get the grand am put back together so i can bring it out there but if not im still going to go.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 5:15 PM
wanna meet with us then?
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 10:57 PM
where are people meeting up?
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:49 AM
Bluecav... I know where you live I looked it up LOL

I'm gunna be tired and put a crap load of miles on my buick that weekend..... I'm gunna drive to Tomah, WI on the 18th and meet up with Negligence (<--- prob spelled wrong) and buy the tranny stuff from him... so while I'm at the track with my camera and buick.... I'll have all the stuff to fix my sunfire sitting at home LOL

If ya find a place to meet up let me know....... maybee I'll put a "Midwest J-Bodies Support Vehicle" sing on my Buick to make me feel special LOL

And why did every paragraph I just type end with an LOL.....

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 6:14 AM
Why don't you guys just meet at a gas station in woodbury at like 7 or later. Then when you go by menomonie, you should get ahold of me so we can convoy together.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 6:49 AM
that sounds good... im just not very familar with the cities so i was hoping someone would know of an easy place to meet up at.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 7:04 AM
I believe there are a bunch of gas stations at exit 253 off of 94. Its the second to last exit in MN before you get to WI.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 10:39 AM
sounds good to me lets pick one and meet there at what time?
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 7:21 PM
blucavi wrote:sounds good to me lets pick one and meet there at what time?

You want Exit 251 For Woodbury Drive. Kwik Trip (on the right) SA (on the left)
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:08 PM
ok well lets choose one so everyone knows where were meeting and lets get names of ppl who are going to meet there
Thursday, April 09, 2009 5:47 AM
Im going to try to make it. But I might be starting my new job around then. But Im going to try like hell to make it. If you guys dont know Im from Detroit Lakes. The drive is about 7 hours to Rock Falls from here.

1994 Sunbird pics
Mods- lund hood lovers, Kenwood Cd player, WAI, Moog problem solver Swaybar endlinks, Kicker DS350 3.5" in dash speakers, Kicker DS6930 6"x9" rear deck speakers, New shocks from Napa, New Moog rear springs, New foglight glass from a Z26, New front right engine mount, Z24 hood, new heater core
Mods soon to come- Turbo, LMC Euro Truck Headlights
Car price $400.00
Total into the car $432.00 So far
Spelling owns me

Thursday, April 09, 2009 7:06 AM
lol ya thats a ways...
Thursday, April 09, 2009 3:32 PM
Tom Krause wrote:Im going to try to make it. But I might be starting my new job around then. But Im going to try like hell to make it. If you guys dont know Im from Detroit Lakes. The drive is about 7 hours to Rock Falls from here.

thats some dedication my man!! hell ya.

Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:24 PM
so anyone have a name of a gas station and an exit? and how many ppl are going to meet up then?
Sunday, April 12, 2009 12:04 AM
blucavi wrote:so anyone have a name of a gas station and an exit? and how many ppl are going to meet up then?

wasas9 wrote:
blucavi wrote:sounds good to me lets pick one and meet there at what time?

You want Exit 251 For Woodbury Drive. Kwik Trip (on the right) SA (on the left)

idk if anyone said anything to you but thats a quote of wasas replying to you. ill be sure to get you a copy of the memo tho.

and id hit up that young kwik trip, they always have a bunch of junk to grab to eat or drink. itd be a smart idea for you to pm some of these folks and grab their number so if you all do meet up you can call and make sure people are on schedule or give them time if they are late. you can always step up and take command and say ok guys here is the deal, Xam, Xgas station, be there.

im not even going and ill help you. ok. meet at the kwik trip at Exit 251 aka Woodbury Drive right off hwy 94. gates open at 7:30 so you will have to work out when you wanna get up and meet people. there is still a week yet so dont panic, its small details.

as for numbers, id pm mr. turbo grand am since he will be coming from the cities and he could meet up, as well as sam(weebel) cuz he will have to come up your way. as well you should get almir's (rollie), and matt's(ihavenolife) since you will prob have to meet with them in wis. i know you could meet up with matt at exit 41 in wis right next to perkins at a SA gas station iirc. also if the 94 project bird is gonna make it im sure he would appreciate you grabbin his number and crusin with him for an hour of his 7 hr trip, he could prob find that kwik trip in woodbury.

but damnn i really wish i could make it out, this looks like it will be a good day, i have already heard of a bunch of people that are gonna make it out to rock that day.

Sunday, April 12, 2009 8:31 AM
haha thanks gmanz... so everyone got that? kwik trip at Exit 251 aka Woodbury Drive right off hwy 94. we will have to find a time and i am going to pm you guys to get your numbers.

Sunday, April 12, 2009 10:12 AM
Yeah I would say it takes about an hour or so to get to Rock Falls from Woodbury, so plan according to that. You guys should just give me a call when you go by menomonie so I can meet up with you guys and roll in together.

Sunday, April 12, 2009 12:53 PM
ihavenolife000 wrote:Yeah I would say it takes about an hour or so to get to Rock Falls from Woodbury, so plan according to that. You guys should just give me a call when you go by menomonie so I can meet up with you guys and roll in together.

Should be great fun. I hope my job doesn't screw me over and make me work. I just got the transmission put back in the car last night and have everything bolted down. Just have to add oil, adjust the fuel regulator, and hopefully have no problems!

Oh yeah I should probably register it too maybe? Hahah
Sunday, April 12, 2009 8:10 PM
Well this Sucks...... For some reason I just cant make my Buick Happy.

Now I have to replace the rear right hub assembly on the car...... I'll try to fix it saturday So I can still at least go..... but IDK for sure yet.

I hate the fact that all this money that was gunna go into the Sunfire has to go into the damn DD now oh well, I quess I'll get it fixed eventually.

God I'm pissed.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search