got myself a present yesterday - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
got myself a present yesterday
Sunday, April 05, 2009 12:07 PM
Need to get some more things to eventually install, first the motor and trans need to go back in the car but this summer I'll get my kit installed. Got a hell of a deal off of craigslist, guy wanted 350, money talks with this economy, picked it up for 100 bucks.

Re: got myself a present yesterday
Sunday, April 05, 2009 3:29 PM
Thats pretty cheap.... what are you planning on spraying?

I was going to give ya crap for getting a ZEX kit.... but then I saw it was a wet system... so you should be ok.

Sunday, April 05, 2009 3:47 PM
just a small 55 shot for now and see how it goes. Waiting to hear back from the previous owners engine builder to find out exactly whats all done to this motor and what it can handle.

Sunday, April 05, 2009 4:58 PM
Oh yeah zex is the way to go ive had 3 zex kits sold em all but they are good and easy to install.
Sunday, April 05, 2009 8:15 PM
On stock internals with a 2.4.... a 75 shot is generally the "Safety limit" for most people...

I thought about getting a NX direct port wet kit.... but when I made the list of everything it would take to build it the way I want..... I could Turbo it for that much money LOL

Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:42 PM
if ur gonna run a 75 shot or higher go with 2 step colder plugs, get ur self a wideband and ull be good.
Monday, April 06, 2009 11:45 AM
i nko a guy that ran a 100 shot on is BONE stock motor. I mena he had a stock ex and intake. Ran totally fine! Did it over 10 times at the trac and ran low 13s with drag rads

Monday, April 06, 2009 6:48 PM
never was a Zex fan.....

I had a NOS Dry kit on my '02 for awhile, took 3rd at one of the J-bashes a few years back (ran 100 shot against Curtis Walker's Turboed 3.1)

I just picked up a NX Wet kit for the GTO, should be fun!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:31 AM
Jeff Workman wrote:i nko a guy that ran a 100 shot on is BONE stock motor. I mena he had a stock ex and intake. Ran totally fine! Did it over 10 times at the trac and ran low 13s with drag rads

It can be done with a bone stock engine but what im saying is for him to be on the safe side.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 7:00 PM
Weebel wrote:On stock internals with a 2.4.... a 75 shot is generally the "Safety limit" for most people...

I

Oh? I ran a 50 shot in my 02 on the street... went through about a bottle and a half...

with the OS crank and 2.6 charger pulleys..... It was... fun.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:25 PM
SpeedRacerZ, just wondering what you didnt like about the Zex kit. My first system i've ever put on a vehicle, just wondering pros and cons if you've used it.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:53 AM
I remember hearing that the ZEX dry kits had problems with enriching the fuel mixture correctly sometimes... IDK if thats true though....

And who was that with the Red Cavi that was running a 150 wet shot (NX i think) and ran low 13s.... at the last meet?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search