Sad day, I have to sell my project J ASAP - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sad day, I have to sell my project J ASAP
Tuesday, May 05, 2009 8:36 AM
Just got back from my engine builder/mechanic and my 03 Avalanche is going to need a full top end rebuild. Granted it has 143000 miles on it now and I cant go without this truck as I use it every weekend to haul my boat/atv so I have to sell my 96 Cavalier project i've put many hours into. Its basically complete just needs to finish the work I started.

I'll try to post everything I have and in as much detail as i can.

Engine

98 2.4 bored .60 over with Eagle Rods and JE pistons. Head is ported, polished with a valve job. Underdrive pulley. 52000 on motor since rebuild. Engine is on hoist mounted to trans, not installedin the car yet. Was my weekend project but I'll leave it out so the new owner has some options. Have stock exhaust manifold. but will need a new downpipe to work. I'd put a new full system on as I was going to do.

Trans

Will come with the 4t40e auto I was swapping back into the car as its currently attached to the motor on my hoist and the full Isuzu 5spd swap that was pulled out of the car. Its your call on what trans you want to put back in it and you can make some money back on the setup you arent going to use. 4t40e has a brand new filter installed along with axle seals on both sides. Isuzua 5spd has roughly 55000 miles on it, clutch and everything worked great when I pulled it.

Body
Comes with a full body kit, cant rememeber the style as it was on the car when I bought it. I had the body kit painted so thats fresh, I have the front bumper meshed and running lights installed. The front bumper is not currently on the car as I was in the middle of the engine swap. Has clear tailights and I have a new set of mirrors with turnsignals in the box ready to be put on. Carbon fiber hood in great shape, just has some waterspots from a quick wash before being parked in the garage. Its been stored inside over winter. I'll put the front bumper and hood back on as its less clutter to haul on your way back. Body parts I didnt pick up yet are just the headlights, sold stock ones and didnt order the black projectors i wanted. Overall body condition is good, has scratches and some minor dings, but not big dents. If you're local I have a body guy lined up that was going to do the body work and throw down some sick custom paint for me in June, I can get you a deal on the work if you're still interested.

Interior
Overall interior is in great shape, has a white guage bezel and if you have seen my other for sale posts it has custom guages mounted in the heater vent spots and a monster tach mounted on the dash. The door panels are off as the previous owner had a "super stereo" installed and that wasnt my thing and didnt want it so the car has no head unit or speaker system. I'll get the door panels back on and rear decklid put back in, just want new owners to be aware of the audio system, or lack there of.

Comes with all parts listed under my Jefferson thread except the turbo kit (its for a Neon anyways), none of it will be sold now and will be property of the new owner. let me know what you guys all want pics of, I'll start getting the car put back together so its a roller today. I dont have wheels for it, its currently on jackstands, you will need to bring some to load it up or I can pick up a set of stock steelies for another 100 bucks.

Asking 2800, I have a spreadsheet here and thats less than I have stuck into it, I really hate to get rid of it but as posted at top I need my truck fixed ASAP. Accepting offers and I will not part it out.

The day I picked it up

rear shot

As she sits

Engine

Engine2

Re: Sad day, I have to sell my project J ASAP
Tuesday, May 05, 2009 2:51 PM
I'll also throw in my Zex kit, used, but never installed. I wont have a use for it anymore.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 3:20 PM
Just looking through my parts in the basement and I have 2 new struts and I found an old foggy set of headlights that will be included as well.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 3:36 PM
Any chance you want to sell any of this stuff seperately?
Tuesday, May 05, 2009 5:28 PM
is that a high amp alt?

if so would you part it out?

click sig for my car audio videos
Tuesday, May 05, 2009 5:53 PM
Negligence wrote:Just got back from my engine builder/mechanic and my 03 Avalanche is going to need a full top end rebuild. Granted it has 143000 miles on it now and I cant go without this truck as I use it every weekend to haul my boat/atv so I have to sell my 96 Cavalier project i've put many hours into. Its basically complete just needs to finish the work I started.

Explain please.... Complete LM7 5.3 heads from GM are only around 700........ what is he doing?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 7:08 PM
They might of sold it, but I believe I can get you a complete 5.3 with 90k for 100.00, and that includes a 6 month warranty

I'll call AAA in the morning

Wednesday, May 06, 2009 12:22 AM
If u wanna sell the zex kit let me know
Wednesday, May 06, 2009 3:03 AM
full rebuild on the heads including a port and polish along with a 3 degree. My valve guides are shot, the thing smokes like crazy so while the heads are off I'll get a little work done to them. Gasket set and labor I've got a quote of just under 1900.00. Should have my truck in and out in about 4 days. But with no money its sitting in my driveway covered right now so thats why I have to sell. I wont part out anything on the Cavalier and will consider selling the Zex kit seperately, I might put it on the Avalanche I havent decided yet but will keep those interested updated.

Thursday, May 07, 2009 3:02 AM
****UPDATE****Complete car will now be sold for parts. I need to get some money in to start the work on my truck. Large items will be pickup only. Previous questions I have sent PM's to. AC Compressor on the motor is spoken for, otherwise it is complete and I dont want to take anything else off of it.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:21 AM
im intereseted in the clear corners and the white gauges!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:40 AM
I'll let the clears go for 10 plus shipping and the guages for 25 plus shipping

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:03 AM
also wanted to add the guages arent white faced, its the bezel around them thats painted white.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:15 AM
Carbon fiber hood 350 plus shipping

Pic of the guage cluster and bezel 25 plus shipping

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:45 AM
Please PM with full engine specs (compression ratios, complete list of assembled parts, all head work completed, and current cylinder compression tests if available). Were you intending to build for NA or boost?

From you previous posts, this is the info that I have so far:
- 1998 2.4L LD9 motor w/ 52k mileage since rebuild
- Bored .60 over
- JE Pistons (compression ratio???)
- Eagle Rods
- Ported/Polished Head (has this been flow-tested?)
- 3 deg. valve job
- Underdrive pulley (crank and/or alt pulleys, also what brand?)

Some build questions that I would like to know:
- Was the block magnafluxed, blueprinted, and balanced when built?
- Have the balance shafts been removed?
- What rings/pins/studs were installed?
- Was crank knife edged/balanced/modified?
- Does it still have the 2.4l oil pump assy, or has it been upgraded to the 2.3l or Melling?
- Did head need decking when built?
- SS Valves or guides installed in head? How about springs and retainers? What is the exact valvetrain installed?
- What cams/cam gears are installed in head?
- Is this a complete, ready to drop in longblock? Any known problems that need immediate repairs?
- What fuel was used in daily driving?
- Any dyno results available?

I may be interested in taking this off of your hands if we can come to a reasonable agreement on cost. I have a quickly expiring also 98 LD9 motor that needs to be replaced soon.

Please PM with info requested asap. Thanks.

Nate
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:20 PM
I kinda like that hood.....

Would almost be interested in that engine.....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, May 23, 2009 3:10 AM
I believe I have a person coming to get the engine this morning. I am accepting trades on some of the items. Would trade the hood or body kit for a Wii if anyone has one available. The wife and kid want one. If it comes with the Fit that would be perfect excuse to get the old lady to work out, LMFAO. Anyways let me know. As for free stuff the seats and misc interior is up for grabs. Doors, fenders, lights and some other misc items were picked up by a fellow JBO member yesterday. I have LaGrange Salvage coming to get it next week Friday so whatever is left in it is going to the yard. Smoked altezza tails (see above pic) in good shape are available also. Some minor cloudyness on both inside lenses, 15 plus shipping.

Saturday, May 23, 2009 9:36 AM
Engine, 5spd swap and auto 4t40e all sold today

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search