Question for the MN guys. - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question for the MN guys.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:05 PM
How much does a No Seat belt ticket cost in MN.... ?

The court house is closed and I figured one of you have had to gotton one before and was just wondering how much the BS is gunna cost...

The messed up thing is that I was 15 miles from home.... after driving about 2300 miles (went to Louisiana this week) and I didnt get messed with until I was damn near in my home town :/

And when the cop pulled me over.... he walked up to the passenger side of my car (was in the buick) and tried opening my door (which was locked) to talk to me instead of just walking up to my driver side window.... I'm gunna say something about that tomorrow... when I'm at the court house.... and find out who I need to talk to about that....... thats total BS and I KNOW there not supposed to do that.

Im not coming on here to rant.... I mean hell.... I wasnt wearing the thing.... I'm more pissed about the way the cop handled himself.... and to see if anyone knows how much the ticket is..... it will prob be about $130.... and I'll just cut them a check and be done with it tomorrow.... (I can afford that easy)..... but the cop just walking up to my car and trying to get into my passenger seat withough saying a thing to me is just F-ing weird and out of line.

Re: Question for the MN guys.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:25 PM
I got one about a year ago, it was for $105.00..

--------------------------------------------------------------
2002 Cavalier LS Sport Sedan (RIP)
2005 Chevy Equinox LT AWD
2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD
Fatalthoughtz (Xbox Live & PSN Tag)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:16 PM
damn, i got one here in WI and it was just $30. it was right after they passed the law here. cop got me pulling out of the drive thru at the bank.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:00 PM
you can go to a website to find out.

oh i have a ticket right here, its mncourts.gov/district/4/ thats for my county idk about yours though.

i think its in the 110$ range. its blows for sumthing that shouldnt be against the law in the first place. i mean who are you harming by not wearing it?

click sig for my car audio videos
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:13 PM
$112
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:32 PM
He said he pulled me over because of the fuzzy dice I had on the rear view mirrior.... (bullsh!t) well there not in the car any more..... and I had an american flag on the rear entenna wich drew attention to that car wich is gone now also.... it on my front stoop now..... F-ing cops.... I'm still wondering what the hell he was doing trying to get into my car like that...

I figured the ticket would be about that much considering the Exhaust ticket I got awhile back in the Fire was $130 and a Ticket for doing 32mph in a 30mph zone was $115 5 years ago..... damn thats a but much for something so stupid.... I like wisconsins fines better LOL

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:34 PM
Weebel wrote:

And when the cop pulled me over.... he walked up to the passenger side of my car (was in the buick) and tried opening my door (which was locked) to talk to me instead of just walking up to my driver side window.../quote]

Even though this is off topic, a lot of the cops/ and state patrol have been doing this more so as a safety measure being further away from the traffic.

good luck!

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:43 AM
^^^^^ Ya I was wondering if that was it.... and I would have understood if he just tapped on my window and asked me to roll it down...... but the guy tried to enter my vehicle without cause. Thats the equivalent of searching a vehicle..... wich they cannot do without probable cause unless the owner of the vehicle gives them permission........ and Fuzzy Dice.... isnt probable cause..... or reasonable suspicion for searching a car.

Well.... Im gunna go into town and pay this thing in a bit.... I'll let ya all know how much its gone up.

Thanks for the info btw.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:41 PM
OK this is funny............... and a bit annoying.

Well the Ticket is $106.... kind of insane but wont hurt my pocket book so screw it...

The funny part is that I cant pay the ticket yet :/

I got the ticket last night... and went in today (the next day) to pay it..... and they told me I'll have to wait a bit (maybee 2 weeks) to pay it since its not in the system yet..... apparently because it was a state trooper that pulled me over and they dont turn in there tickets to the local court house every day.

I asked her.... "So your saying that Im being to expedient in paying a fine.... I bet that never happens"

This is ridiculous.... im more on top of things than the cops.... LOL

Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:06 PM
hahah thats great yet still sucks

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:02 PM
Just got one a week ago...along with a 20 over lol mine is 105. But cuz of the extra enforcement it might get bumped...so idk. But i have my ins so ill plead guilty with no same or similar Helps when your goin to school to be a cop

Friday, May 29, 2009 10:42 PM
I still havnt paid it yet...... planning on going in this weekend...

Kinda pisses me off though since I just spent a crap load on fixing my car and now I'm trying to get ahead again.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 9:51 AM
Well heres the thing, since it was a trooper, they almost never go to the drivers side door. Since they are on the highway and that is where most cops get hit. They actuallly have the right to opem your door, its for thier safety, they dnt have the right to just open it and start goin throught it, unless they see something that is within reach of you and is out in the open. The way traffic stops work is really complicated, and they are the 2nd most dangerous thing a cop does on a daily shift.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 10:22 AM
Anton Miller wrote:i think its in the 110$ range. its blows for sumthing that shouldnt be against the law in the first place. i mean who are you harming by not wearing it?

what is it harming to just wear your seatbelt? hell, even saves you $100+.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:52 PM
cannon fodder wrote:
Anton Miller wrote:i think its in the 110$ range. its blows for sumthing that shouldnt be against the law in the first place. i mean who are you harming by not wearing it?

what is it harming to just wear your seatbelt? hell, even saves you $100+.

it just pisses me off that the government has to try to take our money every way they can. they tax us when we get our money they tax us when we spend our money and they tax us at the end of the year. AND if you dont wear your SEATBELT they need to take 100$ from you!!!! its bogus. We pay the cops to give us seatbelt tickets. i think there is more interesting things to do than to pull someone over that wasnt wearing there seatbelt.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:46 PM
^^^^^^ Im with this guy...

And Tony..... I dont wear it in the buick for 2 reasons......

One its broken.... and 2..... when I do get it buckled the damn thing sits right in front of my face rubbing my left cheek... whoever the hell designed them in that car is an idiot.... although it might be designed for old ladies that sit half an inch from the steering wheel since it is a buick... IDK

And im willing to bet you dont wear yours all the time eather....

Supposedly they just made this a primary law.... wich would explain the cops pulling people over in mass the last few days..... but I want to actually see this damn law myself and see if its really true or if this is BS.

I'm going to ask for a copy of it or something when I pay this thing...

And yes I havnt payed it yet..... but I pretty much have to soon because its due 26th of this month.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:35 AM
No, its true. In MN they can pull you over for even having a passanger in the back seat w/o a belt on. It is a primary law/ They can pull you over for just not having a seat belt on.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:52 PM
Jeff Workman wrote:No, its true. In MN they can pull you over for even having a passanger in the back seat w/o a belt on. It is a primary law/ They can pull you over for just not having a seat belt on.

i know they can give oyu a ticket. but i dont think they can pull you over for it yet. i thought that just started. and this post was a while ago. i owuld call up the cop station and ask them if on the date you were pulled over if you could legally get pulled over for not wearing a seat belt.

i dont think you could then. you can now but not then.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:35 PM
ya that just started that they can pull you over for not wearing your seat belt and b4 that they had to have a different reason to pull you over. but now the ticket is only like 25 bucks i guess
Friday, June 12, 2009 12:09 AM
Wait a minute.... the ticket is $25?.... Why the hell is mine $106? something aint right here.... fines are supposed to be flat for the most part...

As for the back seat thing.... unless they actually changed another law.... that wouldn't be true... last time I checked anyway.... anyone over the age of 18 is not required by law to wear a seat belt... when not in a front seat..... maybee they changed it IDK.....

Either way... this is just another BS reason for the cops to screw with you and make the state / county money..

The funny thing is..... I still dont wear it.... but thats really what they want so maybee i'll start LOL

Thank god it's night time when I drive most of the time..... and at least they cant write me up on my motorcycle for this crap.

I need to buy a car that didnt come with seat belts from the factory....

Friday, June 12, 2009 1:20 PM
the new law is that everyone has to be wearing a seat belt no matter what age or where they are in the vehicle. and the new fine is like $25 (at least that is what i have heard) I got a seat belt ticket last summer and that costed me $112.

Friday, June 12, 2009 10:09 PM
I highly doubt any courthouse is going to charge you $25... im sure they will all charge you the maximum amount they can...

Friday, June 12, 2009 10:57 PM
Weebel wrote:And im willing to bet you dont wear yours all the time eather....

you could take that bet... if you don't mind being wrong. i wear my seatbelt every time in im a car without fail.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 11:24 PM
Well tony..... your one of the few then... I think only 10% of the people I know do that so I was taking a chance at being right..... And why the hell did you buy a Chrysler LOL (just giving ya crap looks good for one of those cars)

I fixed the seatbelt bugging the hell out of me thing in the cars with a binder clip.... I'll prob just wear it all the time for now on....they aint getting me again.. they can ticket somebody else...

And the courthouse isnt open on Saturdays (bastards) but I fiqured they wouldnt be.... ill just have to get up early next week and stop by before work....

I am wondering if they catch a passenger not wearing a seatbelt and you are.... if the passenger gets the ticket or you (or both) do.......

I just hope they dont pass a damn helmet law....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search