tuning - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tuning
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:17 PM
is there someone in southern mn that does hp tuning

4467_1170664228341_1280054985_30504438_8383986_s.jpg

Re: tuning
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:40 PM
look up any of the team green guys, they are located in wisconsin but they are the only ones I have seen post up north that do tuning, not to say there are not anyone else but I'd give monkey wrench a pm to see if he could help ya out.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:06 PM
I have HPT.. Haven't touched a jbody ECM though

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:53 PM
db performance does hpt. ive got hpt but i wont be in MN long

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:19 PM
DB does do tuning with HPT, but when I was talking with Shane with my car on the dyno. He doesn't deal to much with it.. But he is a smart guy and did pretty good with it the first time my car was on the dyno there

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:23 PM
Give MAPerformance a call, Jordan (their tuner) is amazing at what he does...he told me he could tune my car with hpt when I do my build

you should see tho work that he does...simply amazing...

Modern Automotive Performance
9905 13th Ave N
Plymouth, MN 55441
763-545-3800

http://www.maperformance.com/
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:01 PM
I just did more reading and HPT is on their "supported platforms" list
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:37 AM
Dis_ill_usions wrote:Give MAPerformance a call, Jordan (their tuner) is amazing at what he does...he told me he could tune my car with hpt when I do my build

9905 13th Ave N
Plymouth, MN 55441
763-545-3800

please do not call map or have jordan tune ur car. shane is a real tuner and jordan half asses things( im bitter as my buddies turbo lude just blew up on jordans tune the day i was coming up from IL to check out the car. i didnt even see it run.). i used to go up to db and watch them do things all the time and they do an amazing job with everything as well they use a dyno dynamics dyno that can put load on the motor whereas the dynojet that map has cannot because it is an inertia based dyno. if you look into most peoples tunes from jordan the a/f is horrible, this may not be entirely his fault as map uses the dynojet and it cannot create load to simulate real world situations. (again my buddies turbo ludes tune was junk.)
look at any car db puts out, they are monsters, MAP just put on a huge shootout at BIR and they couldnt even get their own cars running for the show, they couldnt put up and all the db cars put them to shame. evos tuned by db > evos tuned by MAP. dsms tuned by db > dsms of MAP. one of the db tuned dsm cars ran a 10.9 at 140 on stock motor, now if that doesnt show u the ability and skills of shane then idk what to tell you.

so i guess not only am i bitter for my buddies sake but from real world situations and reviews ive seen. i see a lot of local nutswingers that jump on the jordan/map bandwagon when they have no real facts or info, they just sit online and repeat what everyone else with no real facts spew across the forums.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:00 AM
Jordan has tuned most the vehicles in the car club I am a part of up here...never had any tuning issues with the tuning...

and to make it even tougher all run on E-85...

Few for example...

S2000 - 760hp and yes this was the one at BIR MAP event, it only ran a 12somethin because he shredded 1st grear and then debated about getting back into it or not...his record is 10.6 and has a stock valve train

Integra - 660 hp
240sx - 565hp
CRX - 440hp
SRT-4 - 430hp
Civic - 330hp ran 12.6 with a slipping clutch
Del Sol - 235hp with a turbo 1.6l stock internals and ran a 13.9 with a slipping clutch

^all daily driven

Im not saying that other place isnt good or anything, I just know the work jordan does and will have complete confidence in his work when he does mine.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:15 PM
Jordan=Honda.. End of story, he can tune a honda like no other. Great guy, I have no problems with him. Just not super familiar with other platforms. Although being at MAP I'm sure he is gaining experience with others. Hell he tuned our civic Hb, 8 psi to 208whp, and 210qtrq.. and then again on a high compression b18a with crower 403 to 160whp and 130trq on e85..

Shane, pretty well rounded in everything

They both can tune very very well. But to my understanding is they both are not that familiar with HPT, as to where it'll take longer to get right for both of them to do it.

Thursday, August 06, 2009 3:21 PM
lol, I didn't even read gary's post, I just looked at the MAP site you posted. I wouldn't go there just due to the fact they have like 20+ employees, a shop of that nature in this area has no support for that many paople, I suspect they won't be around long....then who do you talk to when something goes wrong.

And if that S2K is the black one with a carbon roof, they have been tuning that for years, I have never seen it actually running right myself.

just my $.02

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust

Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:25 PM
2NVUS4U wrote:lol, I didn't even read gary's post, I just looked at the MAP site you posted. I wouldn't go there just due to the fact they have like 20+ employees, a shop of that nature in this area has no support for that many paople, I suspect they won't be around long....then who do you talk to when something goes wrong.

And if that S2K is the black one with a carbon roof, they have been tuning that for years, I have never seen it actually running right myself.

just my $.02

Jason

The S2k makes 700whp, and has run 10's... it runs great.

I know for a fact, that MAP is at least a million dollar/yr company, they do it better than most other 'performance" shops around. The reason why they have so many people is because 1. They have a few techs to do tear down/ assembly, techs to do fabrication. 2. They are a MAJOR parts supplier, with around 4-5 different websites directed towards "certain" cars.
BUT they do the common cars to "tune, EVO's, DSMs, SRTs, Hondas, etc etc.
Guys gotta live with the fact that cavaliers, sunfires, cobalts and even my saturn is not a common car to "modify" your not going to find a lot of shops that will bat an eye at you. Yea they'll take your money, and do the work, but your probably going to have problems either way, because MOST people do not have any interest in these cars. They know nothing of them, and are just "guessing" or going by what they know from the other cars.

Friday, August 07, 2009 11:00 PM
your question on who to talk to...Jordan tunes it, Jordan fixes problems, you talk to Jordan

the guy that owns that S2k lives up by me, the reason you dont see it run right is cuz he is always breaking non-motor related parts...tranny, rear end, axles...and they havn't been working on it for years, JORDAN has been tuning it for years because Joe keeps changing things and Jordan does good work so he keeps going back...

the run he did 10.6 he broke an axle 3/4 down the track...

at BIR on the MAP day he shredded first gear...I dont know how many times he has broken that trans, he is always shredding gears
Saturday, August 08, 2009 2:40 PM
Dis_ill_usions wrote:your question on who to talk to...Jordan tunes it, Jordan fixes problems, you talk to Jordan

the guy that owns that S2k lives up by me, the reason you dont see it run right is cuz he is always breaking non-motor related parts...tranny, rear end, axles...and they havn't been working on it for years, JORDAN has been tuning it for years because Joe keeps changing things and Jordan does good work so he keeps going back...

at BIR on the MAP day he shredded first gear...I dont know how many times he has broken that trans, he is always shredding gears

I may be wrong, but the S2k belongs to Jordan's brother.

Either way, its a bad ass car and has a lot of power

he's a good tuner, but for a non common platform any tuner is going to take their time to get right (which you will pay for)

Saturday, August 08, 2009 4:05 PM
not to be an ass, but yes you are wrong...the owners name of the S2K is Joe Fisher and he lives just outside of Duluth, MN

I know this because I know Joe and I see that car on a weekly basis...

prove me wrong...
Saturday, August 08, 2009 5:26 PM
RyZ96 wrote:
Dis_ill_usions wrote:your question on who to talk to...Jordan tunes it, Jordan fixes problems, you talk to Jordan

I may be wrong, but the S2k belongs to Jordan's brother.

Either way, its a bad ass car and has a lot of power

he's a good tuner, but for a non common platform any tuner is going to take their time to get right (which you will pay for)

i was pretty sure the s2k was his bros too. idk i dont pay attention to it much. my buddy with the lude told me it was jordan's bro too.

Saturday, August 08, 2009 6:41 PM
Personally I would be looking around the camero and GP sites to see who tunes american motors with HPTuners, I come across those guys for different reasons, some will chuckle at your car, but more of them will take interest since it's not a civic...etc just to see what someone can actually do with one.

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:02 AM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
Dis_ill_usions wrote:Give MAPerformance a call, Jordan (their tuner) is amazing at what he does...he told me he could tune my car with hpt when I do my build

9905 13th Ave N
Plymouth, MN 55441
763-545-3800

please do not call map or have jordan tune ur car. shane is a real tuner and jordan half asses things( im bitter as my buddies turbo lude just blew up on jordans tune the day i was coming up from IL to check out the car. i didnt even see it run.). i used to go up to db and watch them do things all the time and they do an amazing job with everything as well they use a dyno dynamics dyno that can put load on the motor whereas the dynojet that map has cannot because it is an inertia based dyno. if you look into most peoples tunes from jordan the a/f is horrible, this may not be entirely his fault as map uses the dynojet and it cannot create load to simulate real world situations. (again my buddies turbo ludes tune was junk.)
look at any car db puts out, they are monsters, MAP just put on a huge shootout at BIR and they couldnt even get their own cars running for the show, they couldnt put up and all the db cars put them to shame. evos tuned by db > evos tuned by MAP. dsms tuned by db > dsms of MAP. one of the db tuned dsm cars ran a 10.9 at 140 on stock motor, now if that doesnt show u the ability and skills of shane then idk what to tell you.

so i guess not only am i bitter for my buddies sake but from real world situations and reviews ive seen. i see a lot of local nutswingers that jump on the jordan/map bandwagon when they have no real facts or info, they just sit online and repeat what everyone else with no real facts spew across the forums.

Either way tho, a performance shop can only guarnatee so much. The only place you want to stay away from is FullBlown, and RS motors. I would have to agree that DB is better, they have come a long way in that last 2 years.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search