FS: 1993 Grand Am GT HO Quad 4 - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS: 1993 Grand Am GT HO Quad 4
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:25 PM
I have come to the point that I want to sell my grand am. It is a 93 GT with the HO quad 4, 5 speed getrag transmission with 3.94 FDR. It has about 133,000 miles and is in overall good condition for its age. Since I have owned it, there has not been a single problem that forced repair.
THE GOOD:
Compression is great on all cylinders, leakdown results are good, cooling system holds presure, gas cap is good, new radiator cap, new battery, new spark plugs, new custom cold air intake, new long tube header with full 2.5" exhaust (all welded, no clamps), new rear brake hose, new front drilled and slotted rotors and pads, new drag radial tires on the front, 14" alloy wheels. It really is a fun car to drive.
THE BAD:
This is a 16 year old car. It is not a show car. The paint is peeling in a few places, I am working on touching it up a bit. The side skirts are cracked in a few places; the A/C could probably use a recharge; the gauge cluster is inconsistent at times; the front brake hoses could probably use replacing; there is currently no sway bar since I needed to take it off to get the header on, I can put it back on if needed, but I can't tell a difference when driving it.
OVERALL:
This car is a blast to drive, but if you're looking for a cross-country road trip car, this probably isn't for you. I would trust it anywhere, but it shows its age a bit, and I enjoy it as a second car as opposed to a daily driver. It is a great value for what the cost is. It has been to the drag strip a few times, and it keeps up with cars that most people would never expect. I hate to sell it, but I am ready to move on to something bigger.
My asking price is $1600, and I am pretty firm on that for now. The car is in Mankato, MN. I will post updated pictures within 2 days. Here are some older, but pretty accurate pictures:

Older:

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.

Re: FS: 1993 Grand Am GT HO Quad 4
Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:47 PM
ttt. any interest?

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Monday, August 24, 2009 8:29 AM
How many miles. And whats the clutch like? Stock, after market? PM me with answer plz.

Friday, August 28, 2009 1:11 PM
i've got a deal on a different car. this one needs to go. $1400 obo anyone? running, driving HO car with $700 in brand new exhaust work (header, piping, flexpipe, muffler, resonator), new battery, etc. This is a steal.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Sunday, August 30, 2009 9:48 PM
if you still have it sunday i will be interested..... have some cash flow coming in sunday and need a car....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Monday, August 31, 2009 10:05 AM
i have seen very little interest, so it'll probably still be around. aren't you in kato?

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Wednesday, September 02, 2009 6:31 PM
Bump. $1200. this is as low as i will go. i need this gone to good hands asap.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Monday, September 07, 2009 9:05 PM
yeah, i'm from kato/lake crystal. My mom said shes going to help me find a car since some little lake crystal @!#$ destroyed my old ride. ill be in touch to come take a look at it soon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 7:52 AM
sounds good. i've been driving it a lot lately, and all is working very well except that the speedo has gotten worse and is pretty much unusable.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Saturday, September 12, 2009 6:28 PM
sounds like a hot rod? fo shizzle?

Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:04 PM
is being a douche online what you do for fun? every single post you make is retarded. get a life.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.

Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:55 PM

I'm wondering is it a hot rod for shizzle randizzle?

Saturday, September 12, 2009 9:49 PM
you're hilarious. thanks for ruining this thread. go kill yourself, fag.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:40 PM
not trying to make an insulting offer, but i could do $1000 possibly, if you would like to meet up some time to take a look this week text my cell 651-230-2090 i live in lake crystal but go to kato almost every day... but if $1000 is to low i understand. that is the best i can do.

Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:21 PM
i actually might have it sold already. if it falls through, i'll let you know.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Monday, September 14, 2009 12:09 AM
cool cool. good luck with the sale.... keep in touch though. my thousand could possibly be just a PM away....

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:56 PM
sell it yet?

Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:41 AM
yep.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search