ECO engine and Trans FS/FT, 5 speed swap and other parts - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECO engine and Trans FS/FT, 5 speed swap and other parts
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:17 AM
I have an Ecotec engine for sale out of an 03 Sunfire. I bought the engine with the intent of doing an ECO swap in my 2000 Cavalier, but have run out of money and need a new computer and to pay some bills. The engine will come with an automatic transmission harness that has been adapted to start on a stick-shift car. Auto-ECU will also be included. When I bought the engine i was told it has around 78,000 miles on it. The last owner was a 66 year old woman (somewhere around that... she was an elderly woman and obviously didn't beat on the car). She was rear ended and the engine went to South Dakota. The owner of the engine before me was going to swap it into his 96 Cav, but didn't have everything he needed so it went up for sale. I bought it end of last summer (08) and it sat (covered) in my garage until early 09 when it was put in my car, but never finished. I never started this engine since i bought it. I'm not saying that because it doesn't run, I'm just stating it because I'm not a jerk salesman. I have turned it over and did not get any spark. I replaced the ICM and still had no spark. Either my method of checking the spark was wrong or the crank sensor needs replacing, or possibly something else. TBH doing an ECOtec swap without doing an MSD or similar conversation doesn't seem to make sense to me as its such a simple cheap mod that has almost NO downside.

Anyways, the engine will come with a transmision and flywheel/clutch/mount or flexplate/TC/mount depending on which transmission you choose. YES THIS MEANS I HAVE AN AUTO AND MANUAL FOR SALE WITH IT. I'll include one and even sell the other really cheap if you feel like it. The car is setup as a manual and Since I have no use for the parts, I can sell the shifter/cables/clutch pedal/ect needed for a auto-manual conversion. Clutch has around 40,000 on it (yes its used, but it was $20 with a flywheel that was resurfaced and low mileage. I would trust it.). I DO NOT have any auto-tranny parts other than the flexplate, converter, mount and tranny. No axles, no shifter/linkage... NOTHING. Stop asking.

Manual is an MG3 F23 with 20,000 on it. new seals. I know nothing else about it. It has a shorter fifth and final drive gear, so its less ideal of gas mileage (I figure about 2-3 MPG less) but should help with acceleration, and allow 5th gear to be used as somewhat of an acceleration gear, if needed.

The auto was bolted to the engine when i bought it. Same mileage, same figured use. 4 speed.... not really sure what else to say. I mean, yeah, its a transmission. Includes Torque converter, flexplate and mount

The engine has all the other stuff needed (manifolds, throttle body, ect) all it needs is a fuel rail (I'll include 2 damaged ones, one that my dad tried to patch.... poorly haha) and a throttle cable bracket. motor mounts are included, as well as my home fabbed tranny mount to run the MG3 F23 tranny. Yes, it requires some work to put in, so don't complain to me when a one-off part doesn't "bolt right up."

Includes extra parts, too, like -
Extra valve cover
extra exhaust manifold (OMG everyone wants a STOCK exhaust mani.!)
extra intake mani
extra throttle body
and alot of other little things, too.
both ICM's, one has a cracked top, not a big deal if you don't care how the motor looks

Also, spare ecotec head w/cams. 90,000 miles. Good shape. Stock as it gets. Cam cogs unbolted, but included. It can either go with the engine or be sold seperate.

TONS of stock parts laying around. Off a black 00 z24, black interior. AC condenser, 2.4 radiator with hoses converted to work on ECOtec, dash top (scratched) stock headlights (x2 pair), new corener lenses (stock), clear corner lenses (aftermarket, broken mounting tabs), new dash front for 00+, Center console (00+, 3 holes by drivers foot that were in it when i got it, shift boot can be inluded, no arm rest) stock front seats (drivers side has no plastic on seat belt) dash end peices. 00 manual cluster with white faces (came on the car when i bought it). stock air box (the one behind the battery)

Also, some free parts if you come seal the car up. Tail lights off a 98 z24 and wing off a 98 z24. Car doesn't move but the parts are free if you patch the holes they leave. doesnt have to look pretty just keep water out. Free dirty air filter (clean in out, might be alright. no-brand cone filter, red in color)

sitting in my bay (thats my nasty headlight wiring, not the engine harness)

ICM's

ALL THIS COULD BE YOURS!

the engine

MG3 tranny mount

Auto and stuff

more of the same?

Radiator

yup

this can go with your motor, too, or buy it seperate. i dont care. i got some nifty clear lines that can go with that should work

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Re: ECO engine and Trans FS/FT, 5 speed swap and other parts
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:35 AM
this stupid thing

auto trans mount

i have the eco and 2.4 of these

ignore the fantastic 9-year-old blue crap
older engine lift. we got a fancy new 2-ton lift and this one has to go. it works fine, and is ideal for small, balanced loads, just to small for us.

i have the spare tire for it too
no picture but just google "spare tire and voila!"
its bought a new tire for it when i got the car and put an impressive 21 miles on it. w00t w00t!

I really want the @!#$ gone. Make me an offer and come get it. I'll pull the motor out of the car when it's spoken for. I need some cash. Also willing to trade for a LAPTOP that is wifi capable and has the right hardware to play the Sims 3. don't ask. This stuff has dominated my shed for too long and needs to go.

Call me at 612-685-9447 if your interested. Best time to reach me is after 3:30 central time zone. DO NOT PM ME. I get on the internetzzzz about once a month due to the whole broken laptop issue. If you post a question or PM me and don't get an answer, I'm not ignoring you, I just didn't see it.

Thanks for looking. Any pictures of stuff I didn't show, call me on the number above and I can post it the next day or email it to you. If you have any questions call me on the number above and i'll be glad to help answer them as best I can. Any interest in the products, call me and we can arrange for you to come see/touch/smell/whatever you gotta do to see it you want it. Feeling sad and want to talk? Call someone else. I don't post my number so you can call me at 3:17 AM asking me about my mother. It's not actually funny. I do it as a favor to you so that you can bypass having to wait for me to check the site in a few weeks and hopefully make a deal on what I'm selling. For those late night callers that are just SO effing funny, feel free to ignore me til a valid brain has grown inside that hatrack resting on your shoulders. Your pot-induced stupidities amuse nobody but you and your stupid friends.

Thanks again for looking
Matt AKA Poser

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search