Rock Falls - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rock Falls
Saturday, March 06, 2010 11:12 AM
Anyone planning on going to Rock Falls on April 11th?

Lifes a B**ch,
You marry one,
Then you DIE!!

Re: Rock Falls
Saturday, March 06, 2010 7:45 PM
sport compact days are @!#$ty if you want to run a good time. there's absolutely zero track prep, but you do get a lot of runs in.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Sunday, March 07, 2010 2:43 PM
Ill be there. I hope to be finally hittin 14's that day. Look for a blue 04 cavy with a sidepipe cutout.

15.0 @ 90mph with only a intake and exhaust.
Sunday, March 07, 2010 6:01 PM
Brainerd Internation Raceway all the way! Haha is the 11th a Sunday? I could possibly make that if it is....I would have the red and black cavalier

Hope is not a plan. Change is not a destination.
Sunday, March 07, 2010 7:21 PM
I wont be because my sinfire just doesnt want to shift into 2nd like it should... but if I get a bike by then I might go with that.... although after my first run I'de probably be kicked off the track for going too fast for the gear I had LOL.

If I get a new one I might show up even if bikes arnt running that day, (dont really feel like taking my old suzuki that far or to a strip) I'll just have to wait and see.

Sunday, March 07, 2010 7:21 PM
It is on a sunday. I dont mind the poorly prepped track. At least i dont get put up running against a 10 chevelle every run. Not that i dont like it. It just brings up my confidence when i can beat someone once in a while lol

15.0 @ 90mph with only a intake and exhaust.
Sunday, March 07, 2010 7:25 PM
Haha agreed there Jason. It's one thing to race these 4 bangers with other 4 bangers, but once I have to get next to even a v6 mustang or Camaro I just sorta doddle away lol

Hope is not a plan. Change is not a destination.
Sunday, March 07, 2010 9:14 PM
Weebel wrote:I wont be because my sinfire just doesnt want to shift into 2nd like it should... but if I get a bike by then I might go with that.... although after my first run I'de probably be kicked off the track for going too fast for the gear I had LOL.quote]

I assume by gear you mean leathers and whatnot...

There are a few guys there all the time that are running 135 trap speeds and aren't wearing leathers. The track doesn't really care just as long as you have your helmet on.

Sunday, March 07, 2010 10:27 PM
hmm... might be kinda fun to take the eclipse for a few passes and see what it does bone stock. how much does it usually cost to run?

Monday, March 08, 2010 1:01 AM
$40 to run. Opens at 8. Eliminations around 1.

Anyone want to race me in my 88 Z....

I hate snakes in the grass who just wait for the weak
and then pounce.
Monday, March 08, 2010 9:48 AM
randizzle wrote:sport compact days are @!#$ty if you want to run a good time. there's absolutely zero track prep, but you do get a lot of runs in.

my best times were ran at rock falls on a sport compact day.

Monday, March 08, 2010 10:13 AM
Hmm...depending on how the Cav is running I may take it out. If not, I'll take out the bike if anyone dares to run me :-)

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Monday, March 22, 2010 8:49 PM
Sad day for me. Totalled my cav so may not be there after all
Monday, March 22, 2010 9:41 PM
hmm... why was i thinking it was only a 1/8th mile track? im kinda excited now that i know it's a 1/4.

so who all is planning on going?

and sorry to hear about your car Jason, what happened?

Monday, March 22, 2010 9:55 PM
ihavenolife000 wrote:
Weebel wrote:I wont be because my sinfire just doesnt want to shift into 2nd like it should... but if I get a bike by then I might go with that.... although after my first run I'de probably be kicked off the track for going too fast for the gear I had LOL.quote]

I assume by gear you mean leathers and whatnot...

There are a few guys there all the time that are running 135 trap speeds and aren't wearing leathers. The track doesn't really care just as long as you have your helmet on.

Well maybe I will take my Ninja out there then. I doubt ide be able to take it out on sport compact day, but it would be a fun ride and it would be interesting to see some of you guys run your cars.

I'll have to see what im doing that day.

I wish the sunfire was track worthy right now

why arnt the quotes working right LOL

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:06 AM
I rear ended a guy. Hopefully have a wrx or balt ss by then.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:13 PM
Jason Brantner wrote:I rear ended a guy. Hopefully have a wrx or balt ss by then.

I was along for that wild ride. It sucked.

I'm planning to be there and finally get some track time in the Grand Am. Hoping for low 15's/high 14's. If you don't have a car by then Jason, I'll let you make a few passes.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 12:00 AM
4un2v, do you go to cvtc?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search