Looking for a bike soon. - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for a bike soon.
Thursday, March 04, 2010 9:56 PM
I'de post this in other cars but its useless if its not in local.

I've narrowed it down to a YZFR1 model year 2000 or newer, price wise 4 to 4.5K at the most right now (cash), but I might have a litlle more by the time riding weather hits...

I've been checking on the net regularly and am finding "some" most in that price range, but finding something specific can be a pain.

So if ya know anyone selling one let me know and hook me up

Re: Looking for a bike soon.
Friday, March 05, 2010 10:37 AM
Riding weather has already hit! I've had the the CBR out a few times already this week :-)

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, March 05, 2010 9:28 PM
Ya Im going to probably test ride a Red R1 tomorrow... Its a 2000 model year someones selling for $3200

Its actually what im looking for but the thing is he paid it off recently and hasnt quite gotton the title back in the mail yet... so even if Im interested in it, I wont be able to buy it.... if it turns out to be a good bike, I'll just have him call me when the title shows up.

And by riding weather... I meant when the snow melts enough that I can park my bike outside again.

Saturday, March 06, 2010 2:10 PM
Well I rode it, and wholy freaking crap is that thing fast LOL

Assuming the road was clean enough I cant hardly imagine what the thing would be like full throttle.

Im the only one that offered him what he's asking for it so hopefully he gives me a call when he gets the title in the mail... Im gunna look in the mean time.

Monday, March 08, 2010 10:14 AM
Any reason why you want an R1 over an R6? On the street, I see no use for anything bigger than 600cc. Seems kinda pointless to me. Either way, good luck on getting the bike!

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Monday, March 08, 2010 10:54 AM
weebel wants to finally have something powerful between his legs...

Monday, March 08, 2010 11:03 AM
cannon fodder wrote:weebel wants to finally have something powerful between his legs...

QFT!

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, March 12, 2010 11:07 PM
Cursed Cav wrote:Any reason why you want an R1 over an R6? On the street, I see no use for anything bigger than 600cc. Seems kinda pointless to me. Either way, good luck on getting the bike!

Acutally, after looking around. I've decided to look for a 600cc fuel injected bike... the insurance on the liter bikes is just too insane. Ans it doesnt have to be a yamaha... I just like the looks of them, although the ZX6R's are nice looking too. GSXR600 or CBR600R, doesnt really matter as long as its FI.

Tony, if you only knew LOL.

Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:03 AM
I havent been on this board in a really long time but I saw this thread and on another forum there is a really modded 99 ZX6R for $2500. Its built for track use but rear view mirrors and headlight is all it needs for street legal. Dudes number is in the add.

Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:28 PM
Pretty sweet bike... its gunna be carburated though

The turn signals being gone isnt a problem, they arnt required by law in my state, (my bikes doesnt even have them) but the headlight missing is a problem, it would be a PITA and somewhat pricy to convert it back to having a headlight.

IM looking on craigslist and checking the local shopper. I just gotta find a seller that isnt a douche bag (crosses fingers)

Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:12 PM
its the engine size that kills your insurance, anything above a 750cc is considered a Super Bike, hence the higher insurance.. i ran into that before when i went from my zx6r to my 900rr..

but unless your above 6' or 200 lbs you shouldn't need anything above 600cc to have a helluva good time.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 9:23 PM
IM a little over 200lbs LOL but that shouldn't matter.

I would really like to find a nice GSXR750 but they are rare.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 10:22 PM
the zx7r wouldn't be bad either.. personally i liked having the extra pop when i wanted it. was worth the extra $$ in insurance
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:59 AM
98 gsxr 750s and up are fuel injected. If you are a srad fan at all you can find a good deal on those. I just recently got mine and love it! This was taken when I got it home and started the clean up. Windscreen is now back on. I got this one for $3K in Saukville

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:49 PM
51 thats a nice bike.. always loved those SRAD's .. super torquey!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:11 PM
Kelly if you ever want to ride let me know!!!

Weebel ever find anything?

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:34 PM
Not yet, I found a yellow 2002 GSXR750 (first year for EFI) on the net (I love those bikes especially in yellow)but for some reason the insurance was more then the R1 I was looking at wich I dont get so im back to 600's most likely.

I'm trying to get a guy selling a silver 2003 ZX6R in Eagan to get back to me right now. (4k miles for $4200)

Bike in question

Not the same bike but a better pic of what they look like.

I love the way those look in that color.. It would be really nice if the seller comes through on this one. I'm fond of these bikes and this one is apparently in good shape.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 4:10 AM
2002 was the first FI bike for the 600's. The 750s were fuel injected first in 98

Quote:

1998 Suzuki year code: W

Electronic fuel injection appeared for the first time on a GSX-R with large 46 mm throttle bodies together with a steering damper as standard, a five mm shorter wheelbase, altered internal and external gear ratios, altered chassis, suspension and brakes, internal engine mods and massive airbox. Power was up to 135 hp. An absolute gem to ride. Suzuki made a class-leading sportsbike even better.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-R-series/GSX-R750_c.shtml

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:36 PM
^^^ I looked it up last night and it said 2003 so maybee the source was wrong. But I do know for sure that yamahas went EFI in 03, and Kawasaki did about the same time also, so if thats true, then suzuki was ahead of the curve.

Well good new and bad news, the guy will let me ride it and he has the title, but he has someone coming to look at it tomorrow and I cant get there until Saturday. I'll just have to cross my fingers and ask god to give the other guy severe engine trouble LOL.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:04 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search