Rochester MN Area - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rochester MN Area
Thursday, April 01, 2010 1:15 AM
Im looking for some one who knows the 2.4 inside and out. I have a 99 cav with a fully built new motor. There is only 200 miles on it at the moment. The problem is im getting some really strang noises coming from it and not sure what to think. So im looking for some one with in a 2 hour driving radius of Rochester who can help me figure this out. That and if there is anyone who can help me with some tuning i have cash in hand.

Thanks Justin

Re: Rochester MN Area
Thursday, April 01, 2010 1:41 AM
Well its nice to know that their are others in my area! I can try and help you diagnose your engine if you can just tell me the noise its making, but I'm no expert. To get it tuned, you could go to MAPerformance (Modern Automotive Performance), as far as I know, these guys do an inexpensive and proper tune.

Hope is not a plan. Change is not a destination.
Friday, April 02, 2010 10:05 AM
Im from roch i can help u out, just send me a pm
Friday, April 02, 2010 10:17 AM
I'm in Eau Claire, WI which isn't too far away. I know the 2.4 inside and out more than I'd like. I've also got a '99 with a fully built motor. Give me a shout with any questions.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Monday, April 05, 2010 11:57 AM
Thanks for the replies. The problem is i've heard the ld9 is a noisey motor. And mine is very noisey. Just want to make sure im not over paranoid about some of the noises. I hate to see alot of money go down the drain cuz im not to familiar with the ld9.

Thanks Justin
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search