Hey captain cavelier or joviticus or whatever you call youself now LOL. - Page 2 - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey captain cavelier or joviticus or whatever you call youself now LOL.
Saturday, July 10, 2010 7:32 PM
looks good josh.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 7:50 PM
thanks jess, say do have or can you put together a build sheet of the turbo setup you have

Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:19 PM
joviticus wrote:the bumper didnt quite line up, but thats what you get for going EGAY

No, my 03 front entirely stock had horrible headlight gap under the right lamp big enough to put 2 fingers under and on the left lamp there was no gap at all. Main reason i switched to the 02 front. I just wanted something really that fit together well and i got tired of the 03 lights. Looks nice thou, i was gonna buy a ebay bumper and hood too, before wayne agreed to trade with me. Btw did you get the one that was like $21.95 plus shipping? It kinda aw some how cheaply you can do these swaps, Domestics rule. Will look alot better painted too. Good progress so far.

CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/id/TMald123
Sunday, July 11, 2010 10:28 AM
as much as i like the look of the 95-99 i like the looks of that =)

Sunday, July 11, 2010 10:29 AM
M3ch wrote:as much as i like the look of the 95-99 i like the looks of that =)

i meant the 95-02

Sunday, July 11, 2010 1:20 PM
03 Cavalry wrote:
joviticus wrote:the bumper didnt quite line up, but thats what you get for going EGAY

No, my 03 front entirely stock had horrible headlight gap under the right lamp big enough to put 2 fingers under and on the left lamp there was no gap at all. Main reason i switched to the 02 front. I just wanted something really that fit together well and i got tired of the 03 lights. Looks nice thou, i was gonna buy a ebay bumper and hood too, before wayne agreed to trade with me. Btw did you get the one that was like $21.95 plus shipping? It kinda aw some how cheaply you can do these swaps, Domestics rule. Will look alot better painted too. Good progress so far.

i paid like $82 after shipping(but the cheapest rear i can find is 180) i hate gaps, still lookin for parts

Sunday, July 11, 2010 1:41 PM
You'll get it eventually.

And a LD9 is a little different in a J-body.. the engine doesnt have to work as hard in a lighter car. I've had transmission issues from hell, but other then the well known coil problem (coil conversion fixes that), I've never had a problem with my engine. Sometimes I think 2.4's are bullet proof as long as you keep enough good oil in it at all times. Gotta watch that lol.

But if I was going to do a motor swap and go to all that work, I'de go boosted Eco.

IM just a gear head my bad

You'll get the bumper right eventually, and once everything is together and painted it should look pretty sweet with that darker green paint like that. What are you thinking for wheels? That color of green lowered on some gunmetal colored rims would look badass.

Sunday, July 11, 2010 2:12 PM
ive always been partial to a nice lookin set of a 5spoke, spilt 5s, and the BBS style wheel, Black with a polished lip

as far as body color, iv got it narrowed down to 5 specific colors

and i think im just going to boost my 2200, ill probably need your help with that when i get that far, hoping to paint it next summer/ fall

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 12:10 AM
Sweet...

I've only worked on factory boosted engines but I know quite a bit about how all the stuff works and engines in general. If you have to do any ecm tuning where gunna have to find someone. You can probably get by with a FMU for fuel but I know if your going to run enough boost your going to have to start pulling back timing, and may run into injector clipping, and thats where its going to get creative. I have yet to learn how to use HP tuners or anything, because I havnt boosted a computerized car. Old carbonated V-8's are easy.

Im a little rusty but its nothing some brushing up wont fix. The thing I mix up the most is TPS and MAP signals for some damn reason and only remember it as long as I need to lol.

But Im rarely doing anything so just ask.... Im still stuck on 2nd shift though

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 6:21 AM
ok im back, i had exceeded my maximum alloted posts for july and hade to wait almost two weeks for august to come around

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:15 PM
LOL

See that little star next to my screen name? it has its advantages...

its what the 2nd of the month? and Ive made 36 posts already lol.

wich reminds me I saw an "older" woman driving a beat up blue cavy that looks just like the one in your sig recently... she was getting gas behind me at quick trip.

I was wondering if it was your old car until I realized how nice of an ass she had and couldnt keep my eyes off that instead lol.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 5:13 AM
My old car got sprayed rattle can black, it has a maroon hood, and a stock front bumper, cause he broke the other one ditch hoping

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 8:57 AM
Oh ya thats right.. I thought it wasnt blue anymore.. thats what was throwing me so much.

I mean it was the same color blue and everything.... (wich isnt a stock color IIRC) freaky.

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 9:18 AM
its close, i stated with a stock color then began to tweak it

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 9:31 AM
my wonderful employer had decided to schedule me for work on sat the 14th, so im in the process of rescheduling the BBQ

Sunday, August 15, 2010 2:56 PM
BEFORE

AFTER

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search