Re:For sale post rules..... - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re:For sale post rules.....
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:57 AM
This is why I do not really visit this site often anymore...the rules get posted by a mod, then they lock what they deem fit...how can you lock a post where someone is trying to sell large stuff like hoods, and fenders, but not a post where someone is selling pulleys...

I have no connection to any of these posts but it seems a lil silly to me. I'll bet this post disappears quickly though.

Love the haters,
Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:01 AM
The regional forums are gonna die now. Most of the posts were For Sale posts. Without the ability to post those, they're all gonna end up looking like the Montana region...

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:28 AM
It's not that they are only locking some, it's jut the mods made their initial sweep and haven't been back since. The reason for the crack down is because there is a regional classifieds in the works that's very close to coming.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 12:21 PM
Darkstars wrote:It's not that they are only locking some, it's jut the mods made their initial sweep and haven't been back since. The reason for the crack down is because there is a regional classifieds in the works that's very close to coming.

with a regional classified it will still pull traffic from the actual regional sections so it will become even more lame, with everything regional whether it be meets or discussions or help threads or for sale threads it was all together in the regional section where we could all easily see it and talk. For sale threads were not just for sale threads, some turned into local get togethers and a joining of locals to become friends and actually make use of the regional forum.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 12:55 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
Darkstars wrote:It's not that they are only locking some, it's jut the mods made their initial sweep and haven't been back since. The reason for the crack down is because there is a regional classifieds in the works that's very close to coming.

with a regional classified it will still pull traffic from the actual regional sections so it will become even more lame, with everything regional whether it be meets or discussions or help threads or for sale threads it was all together in the regional section where we could all easily see it and talk. For sale threads were not just for sale threads, some turned into local get togethers and a joining of locals to become friends and actually make use of the regional forum.

^^AGREED^^

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:04 PM
Why are posts being deleted because regional classifieds are in the works? Its not helping right now. On top of that, its a PITA to weed through the present classifieds to find something that will not cost more than the product for shipping.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:42 AM
Why don't to go premium, pay to support this site and then add your thoughts to debate with Dave in AG?

Otherwise your pissing in the wind. They aren't new rules they are just finally being enforced (Not very strongly as to can see)

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:41 PM
jason-

It will never be like it used to be here.

Monday, August 23, 2010 11:10 PM
Darkstars wrote:Why don't to go premium, pay to support this site and then add your thoughts to debate with Dave in AG?

Otherwise your pissing in the wind. They aren't new rules they are just finally being enforced (Not very strongly as to can see)

I was one of the people that riased the BS flag in AG when it happened, but Ryan is right, Dave is working on a new classifieds section of the site.

Although I admit it does seem kind of stupid that its being enforced like it is before that part of the site goes live, rules or not.

IT doesnt really hurt anything, I've never seen the big deal with for sale ads myself.... IIRC if your premo, simple for sale ads in local where OK to a point, but I dont know if that will change or not.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search