July 9th Car Show - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
July 9th Car Show
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:16 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a LOT of heads-up about a show we're planning on putting on in July. Hopefully some of you can make it out to the show!

What: Car show open to any make and model
Where: Fox River Grove, IL in the Stone Hill Shopping Center, located at the intersection of Routes 22 and 14.
When: July 9, 2011 2PM until the light show

The following is a list of the classes we expect to run at event:
A. STOCK TO 49
B. STOCK 50-59
C. STOCK 60-64
D. STOCK 65-69
E. STOCK 70-79
F. STOCK 80-89
G. STOCK 90-99
H. STOCK 2000 AND NEWER
I. MODIFIED TO 49
J. MODIFIED 50-59
K. MODIFIED 60-64
L. MODIFIED 65-69
M. MODIFIED 70-79
N. MODIFIED 80-89
O. MODIFIED 90-99
P. MODIFIED 2000 AND NEWER
LL. SURVIVOR
MM. SPECIAL INTEREST
NN. STREET MACHINES
OO. FACTORY MUSCLE CARS
QQ. MOTORCYCLES STOCK
RR. MOTORCYCLES CUSTOM

BEST OF SHOW CAR
BEST OF SHOW MOTORCYCLE
BEST OF SHOW TRUCK
LONGEST DISTANCE
BEST CLUB PARTICIPATION
MOST LIKELY TO GET PULLED OVER
MOST UNIQUE VEHICLE
HIGH MILEAGE AWARD
BEST INDIVIDUAL DISPLAY

DETAILS
-All classes are assumed to be stock unless otherwise stated.
-Not all classes will be available at all shows. Classes A-P will always be used though.
-All classes with less than 5 entrants are subject to being combined with a similar class, at Vision Promotion's discretion.
-Stock Classes: Includes vehicles with NO MORE than 3 non-factory changes.
-Modified: Includes cars with MORE than 3 non-factory changes including hood changes, spoilers, engine chrome, side pipes, flames, graphics, etc.
-Street Machines: Includes cars with roll cages, wheelie bars and narrowed rear ends.
-Special Interest: Includes race cars, military vehicles, replicas, kit cars, all non-street legal vehicles, emergency vehicles, hearses, and ANY VEHICLE THAT DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR A REGULAR SHOW CLASS.
-Survivor: Must be in COMPLETELY original and un-restored condition.
-Factory Muscle Cars: For vehicles typically classified as 'muscle cars' without any NON-FACTORY modifications or options. "Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles. The term generally refers to American 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size cars, and sometimes full-size cars equipped with large, powerful, V8s, and sold at an affordable price for street use and both formal and informal drag racing." See the list here for cars that we will be allowing into this class.

I also wanted to post a few photos of the trophies we're going to be awarding. The actual pillars will probably be black instead of the American Flag design.

Stock, Modified and Motorcycle Class Awards

Stock: 10.75 inches tall
Modified: 12.75 inches tall
Motorcycle: 11.75 inches tall

Car Specific Awards (Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Truck and Street Rod)

10.75 inches tall with a black base and vehicle specific topper

Best Individual Display, Most Likely To Get Pulled Over and Most Unique Vehicle Awards

34.50 inches tall

Survivor, Special Interest, Street Machine and Factory Muscle Car Awards

24.50 inches tall

Longest Distance Traveled and Best Club Participation Awards

8x10

Best of Show (Car, Truck and Motorcycle) Awards

All the information I'll give is this....9.625"H X 4"W X 3"D
It may not be as big in size as some of the other awards, but the totally unique trophy will more than make up for that!

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them as best as possible right now. I'll post updates as we finalize things, or you can follow along here.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Re: July 9th Car Show
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:33 PM
im coming from springdale ark ill be there frist show SWEET in my 97 cav 2.2 2 door nicnknamed the guardian
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:10 PM
Why in God's name would you come from Arkansas to a local car show? LOL. I mean it's cool and all, but you might be crazier than me.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:36 PM
Well i hope im not intruding on your car show but heres a cpl of reasons 1. i cant find ne other j-bodies to kick it with here all hondas and acura. 2.i have alot of questions that i need help with my cavi and i know if i went there in person i wld get a better response 3.never been to a car show 4. ive been planning to go to as many j body secens this year as possible to meet other drivers learn new things its all a big learning experance for me. But if im not welcome i will not come just let me knw
Monday, January 24, 2011 2:22 PM
You're more than welcome, but this isn't a J-Bodies only meet. This is an open car show for all makes and models

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search