02 sunfire chassis harness. - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
02 sunfire chassis harness.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:02 PM
So the other day i was sitting in my car and i pushed the cigarette lighter thing and it started smoking under the dash. and i started pulling it apart and a few wires are burnt and the car wont start and nothing turns on. so i was wondering if anyone had the harness for under the dash for an 02 sunfire and maybe has some advice on replacing it and some cost estimates on all the wires. thanks.

Re: 02 sunfire chassis harness.
Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:27 AM
Good Morning Luke
It sounds like you have a short circuit related to J lighter, Before you get too crazy and change the harness, check the fuses and make sure you have no shorts before installing a new fuse. Last thing, dont use the J lighter any more, use matches. I dont think it is worth changing the harness for only a few smoked wires. I would have to look at the schematics but I think the lighter and power to the PCM are on the same circuit but check the fuses. Good Luck
Re: 02 sunfire chassis harness.
Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:35 PM
i pulled apart of the top part of the dash and the wires running into the gauge cluster were melted and there were a lot of fuses burnt out and if i put a new fuse in it just smokes like crazy again. so im pretty sure something happened and a shorted out a bunch of other wires with the lighter one.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search