minnesota plate - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
minnesota plate
Friday, May 27, 2011 5:25 PM
Do you have to have both license plates on your can or can you only have the back one on?

Re: minnesota plate
Friday, May 27, 2011 8:15 PM
they wouldn't issue you a front plate if you didn't need it.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, May 27, 2011 9:57 PM
Need both
Friday, May 27, 2011 10:00 PM
that sucks,

want to get rid of my front, mess up the front bumper in less i get a better front body kit or lip kit
Saturday, May 28, 2011 8:41 AM
you can chance it. I never rocked a front plate on my J nor do I have one on my G.

Just keep the front plate in your glovebox, and IF you ever get pulled over just say you didn't know you needed it. Put some zipties in there too so IF the cop makes you put it on before letting you go you can just ziptie it to the mesh quick and take it back off when you leave

Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:23 AM
BoltZ DesignZ wrote:they wouldn't issue you a front plate if you didn't need it.

its just a spare in case you loose the back one

Sunday, May 29, 2011 11:29 AM
M3ch wrote:
BoltZ DesignZ wrote:they wouldn't issue you a front plate if you didn't need it.

its just a spare in case you lose the back one

fixd

Sunday, May 29, 2011 9:55 PM
well you see some cars with front plates and some with out.
Sunday, May 29, 2011 10:02 PM
ive been pulled over three separate times for no front plate

Monday, May 30, 2011 12:04 AM
The law is that you have to have a front plate... although I have found out that you can get away without having tabs on the front plate where I live LOL

The only way I know of to keep from eventually getting stopped for not having a front plate is to drive a Corvette. Seriously WTF is up with that?

Monday, May 30, 2011 2:18 AM
i supose if you really wanted to, you can put the license plate inside, on the windshield, ive done this several times when i ripped off my license plate holder from my truck while offroading

Monday, May 30, 2011 12:50 PM
adam wagner wrote:well you see some cars with front plates and some with out.

and those without are technically breaking the law. If there was no law for the front plate, they wouldn't waste the money to make them.

M3ch wrote:i supose if you really wanted to, you can put the license plate inside, on the windshield, ive done this several times when i ripped off my license plate holder from my truck while offroading

they can still pull you over for that though. It has to be on the front most part of the vehicle.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, May 30, 2011 12:57 PM
What bolt says is true. Most of these peep saying its ok live in BFE, you will get pulled over w/o your front plate in the cities.

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Monday, May 30, 2011 11:18 PM
Who was it that Got pulled over 3 times in half an hour for not having a front plate at that one meet we had? I remember he was from Wisconsin (we where in MN) so the cops couldn't do anything though.

I think it was the meet where I started getting tired and tried talking tony onto letting me shoot holes in his front bumper "wafer" with a 9mm so he could mount a front plate LOL

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:18 AM
well, heres a google search

Subd. 6. Other motor vehicles. If the motor vehicle
is any kind of motor vehicle other than those provided for in
subdivisions 2 to 4, one plate must be displayed on the front
and one on the rear of the vehicle.

Subd. 7. Plate fastened and visible. All plates must
be securely fastened so as to prevent them from swinging. The
person driving the motor vehicle shall keep the plate legible
and unobstructed and free from grease, dust, or other blurring
material so that the lettering is plainly visible at all times.
It is unlawful to cover any assigned letters and numbers or the
name of the state of origin of a license plate with any material
whatever, including any clear or colorless material that affects
the plate's visibility or reflectivity.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:54 PM
2NVUS4U wrote:What bolt says is true. Most of these peep saying its ok live in BFE, you will get pulled over w/o your front plate in the cities.

Jason

not true. I drive by cops all the time, and i don't hardly drive outside the 94's

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:41 PM
how about those clear plastic plate covers that cover the month and year on the bottom are they ok?

how funny would it be to put the plate upside down lol
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:03 PM
I used to get pulled over for no plate when I was there but no that i dont live there but still have MN plates I tell cops in other states its not required for MN lol

JHound
I took a Grey Hound bus to the 2005 GMSC Bash

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/501000-501999/501209_5.jpg
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:03 PM
Motorcycles and trikes only have a rear plate and Semi trucks only have a front plate. (not counting the trailer). But cars, light trucks, and Commercial straight trucks have to have one front and back.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:45 PM
Weebel wrote:I think it was the meet where I started getting tired and tried talking tony onto letting me shoot holes in his front bumper "wafer" with a 9mm so he could mount a front plate LOL

that wasn't me you suggested that to, i would have remembered something like that.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 5:50 AM
adam wagner wrote:how about those clear plastic plate covers that cover the month and year on the bottom are they ok?

how funny would it be to put the plate upside down lol

NO, do NOT put a clear plastic cover on your plate. My fiancee got a "fix me" ticket for having clear covers on the front and rear of her car. THEY WEREN'T even tinted! I just put them on her car since she had "custom plates" to protect them.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 9:41 AM
That's hilarious...law is the law you need both plates, ask a cop.

I think Weebel is thinking of the meet when we had about a dozen J's at the Wal-mart in eagan and Eagan PD pulled about half of us over, and I believe 3 or 4people got in trouble for no front plate. Now who were those people they can vouch you need one.

I've pushed the limits for 15 years in MN I know what you can and cannot do.

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 12:29 PM
2NVUS4U wrote:That's hilarious...law is the law you need both plates, ask a cop.

I think Weebel is thinking of the meet when we had about a dozen J's at the Wal-mart in eagan and Eagan PD pulled about half of us over, and I believe 3 or 4people got in trouble for no front plate. Now who were those people they can vouch you need one.

I've pushed the limits for 15 years in MN I know what you can and cannot do.

Jason

wasn't that the meet I put together in Mounds Park? And we all went for a cruise, stopped at walmart, at that point they were all on to us and had like 3 cops following our entire group just picking them off one by one....

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 2:46 PM
walmart?

i rather be at chipotle
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 9:50 PM
Tony the 9mm thing was the night we where cruising the strip and we where parked after dark in some fast food parking lot (you where backed up against a wood fence) it was just after we saw the kid light up the tires in a corvette and almost hit someone. Im not sure if it was the same meet where we had people keep getting pulled over though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search