minnesota plate - Page 2 - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: minnesota plate
Friday, June 03, 2011 9:29 PM
i was on the road today and saw a suv with one plate but looked in the back and it was from wi. ford exploer.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:15 PM
you do need a front plate unless motorcycle or a car that qualifies as a collector car, meening a car that is 20+ years old. and cops will hassle you for not having a front plate on a vehicle over 20 years old if you do not have collector plates but the law states it and i have fought and won that if the car is 20 years or older it does not need a front plate.

if your car is 20+ years old you can also buy collector plates like i have for my cavy. but you can only use it for pleasure driving and nothing work or buisness related. there is no milage stipulation on collector plates like many people think.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 10:22 PM
what about for car shows?
Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:45 PM
if newer then 20 20 years old so right now a 1992 or newer vehicle needs a front plate to be driven on the road, if at a car show you can take it off upon getting there but at the time you will be leaving the carshow to go back onto the street you will need to put the front plate back onto the vehicle unless your car is being trailered. in that case you do not need any plates since it is not being driven on the streets.

Monday, June 13, 2011 7:53 AM
M3ch wrote:i supose if you really wanted to, you can put the license plate inside, on the windshield, ive done this several times when i ripped off my license plate holder from my truck while offroading

That what i was pulled over for, all three time were because it was in my windshield and not on the bumper

Monday, July 11, 2011 5:05 PM
so you dont have a front plate on your car?
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:50 PM
here is a easy fix for the front plate!!

http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=2049&products_id=3144&osCsid=v7btegos86lkdee8vhse453ld4

friend of mine has this on his charger, looks stupid up, but is easily hideable, so just leave it down, then when you get pulled over say "sorry officer, i forgot to put it back up, i was just (at a car club, car show, or washing it) insert whichever fits the situation." although, they are kinda flimsy, may break, may not. lol
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:38 PM
I used to live in IL, required both, but only used the back and never got pulled over. Moved to AZ and they only issue you one plate, unless you buy a vanity and then you get/pay for both..In my eyes, another way to make money for the state....CA requires, both as well....

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:54 PM
no way thats so cool that video on hide away plate. that easy to install?
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:11 PM
as far as i know its just a couple of bolts so yea
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:53 PM
does it go under the bummer?

Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:11 AM
under the bumper typically yes, the next time i see my friends charger ill take some pics of it
Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:32 PM
sweet thanks, they dont have one for my sunfire which one do i get just the basic one?
Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:06 PM
so, i talked to my friend witht he charger, he said he had to bolt an extra piece onto the bumper so it would be more secure, but otherwise it just uses three bolts. and yes, just get the standard one, you should be able to finagle it in somewhere
Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:37 PM
how would you patch up holes on plastic? be nice to have it mototzied but that be not cheap.
Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:17 PM
patch holes in plastic? dont put them where they can be seen. otherwise no idea. and your right, the mororized ones are not cheap
Saturday, July 16, 2011 8:11 PM
i have holes where the first plate holder is now on the bumper
Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:51 PM
oh, um bondo? otherwise nothing you can do besides get a new bumper
Sunday, July 17, 2011 4:58 AM
true i wonder if i need a new bumper cause i have a stock front one how it come to a point in the front or would it be fine?
Sunday, July 17, 2011 5:11 PM
the charger has a point also, so my friend mounted it off to the driver side. i keep forgetting to take pics :/
Sunday, July 17, 2011 5:23 PM
stole a pic from his FB lol

Sunday, July 17, 2011 6:21 PM
nice pic i think that would work on my car all you can do is buy it and see and if not return it.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:07 AM
can you get under the car pic?
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:18 PM
maybe, i will ask the next time i see him
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:26 PM
does it say as you drive its not going to flip down while u r driving
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search