Looking for a 00-02 Z24 5-Speed Sedan - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for a 00-02 Z24 5-Speed Sedan
Thursday, August 04, 2011 12:53 PM
Like the title says, I'm trying to find a '00-'02 Cavalier Z24 Sedan with a manual transmission to purchase. I've looked on ebay, craigslist, cars.com, carsoup.com, etc. No luck. I've only come across one Z24 sedan in the entire U.S., but it was an automatic. If anyone knows of someone that is interested in selling one, please let me know!

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Re: Looking for a 00-02 Z24 5-Speed Sedan
Thursday, August 04, 2011 3:34 PM
cool sounds like you are going a new direction. I think that is one of the hardest combos to find. You could always swap the built engine into it a four door if you can't find a z24...just a thought

Thursday, August 04, 2011 5:44 PM
Well here's the deal. I graduated from college in '09 and got a big boy job right away. Went out and bought my 2006 MazdaSpeed6. I lost interest in the cavy and stored it away in my parent's barn.

I absolutely love my Mazda. The interior is super refined and awesome looking. By far the favorite interior of any car I've ever had. Leather heated seats are awesome, AWD rocks, the look of the car and stance it has is awesome. All of the fancy electronics are cool, all four windows auto up and down, projector HID headlights, electronic key card and no key required, the list goes on and on. All of that is great. But now that I've had it almost two years, it's getting kind of boring. If I want to do any kind of upgrades on it, everything is SUPER expensive. If anything breaks on it, it costs be an arm and a leg even if I fix it myself. The keyless entry just went out and I had to buy a new rear antenna for it. Over $80 just for that. God forbid anything electronic, motor, or transmission related goes out. Everything is crammed as hell in that engine bay and a million wires and sensors everywhere. I know my cavalier inside out and can fix just about anything on it relatively cheap. I miss that.

I pulled my cavalier out of storage a few weeks ago just to look at it and I really miss it. Here is what I plan to do. I want to sell my Mazda, pay off my loan, and take the extra 5-6K and buy a Z24 sedan. (A big plus is not having a car payment anymore!) Then I'll take my built motor from my current cav and drop it into the sedan and turbo it. I've got thousands of dollars into the motor and feel like it's being wasted with a little m45 on it that isn't even working due to tuning problems on the '99. I'm shooting for 350HP which should be just about right! I'll bag it, throw in a built OBX LSD, some nice seats, wheels, and call it a day. For winter, I'll buy a cheap 4WD truck.

That's my plan anyway. I'm really hoping I can find a Z24 sedan. I've looked in the past with no success. I actually came across one here in Eau Claire. The owner even happened to work at the same place I did. I damn near talked him into selling it, then he either quit or got fired, and I haven't been able to track him down since. Anyway, if anyone is interested for a MINT condition MazdaSpeed6 with only 50K on it, let me know!

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Saturday, August 06, 2011 6:27 PM
What do you plan to do with your '99 coupe after you take the engine out? I may be interested in buying. did you check the minneapolis craigslist I thought I seen a couple 5spd sedans on there.

Monday, August 08, 2011 11:51 AM
Not sure yet..probably just keep it for my sister who will be getting her license in a year or so. I checked all over craigslist. Only thing I could find is one in the cities but its an automatic.

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:11 PM
found one.. with 41k miles. 2002. text me at 330 760 4904. its in ohio..
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:39 PM
Quote:

Not sure yet..probably just keep it for my sister who will be getting her license in a year or so.

Dang I wanted to put my growling 3400 in it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search