Name This Part - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Name This Part
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 1:32 PM
What is this part called and used for?



Re: Name This Part
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 2:45 PM
I don't remember its exact name but its an essential part of your cars air conditioner.




Re: Name This Part
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 2:49 PM
Its a dryer for the AC system. It works basically like a catch can. Preventing condensation to build in the AC system
Re: Name This Part
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 2:52 PM
thank you. I am smelling a gasly smell when i start my car should i be replacing my charcoal cansiter?
Re: Name This Part
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:58 PM
actually its an accumulator for your ac system. this is where your liquid refrigerant is stored so the liquid refrigerant does not make it to the compressor. if the refrigerant would make it to the compressor then things would come apart from togetherness. I do not think that the accumulator would be causing your problem. also the accumulator would not need to be changed unless your ac system was open to the air and has tons of contamination, but then your ac would not work. I just had cab climate control class at college and am now wi datcp certified.
Re: Name This Part
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:02 PM
Adam wrote:

thank you. I am smelling a gasly smell when i start my car should i be replacing my charcoal cansiter?


gas gas? i bet your fuel regulator is bad.. lol i know mine was.



Re: Name This Part
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:14 PM
that easy to put in where is that at?
Re: Name This Part
Thursday, October 06, 2011 6:57 AM
super easy. do you have an eco or old 2200? it will take all of 15 minutes in an eco to do the fpr and cost about 60 bucks


~DVST8R~ aka ThaCaviKid
Nitrous is like wanting to have sex with a hot chick that has an STD... you wanna hit it,
but you are afraid of the consequences

Re: Name This Part
Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:02 AM
i have a 2.4l
Re: Name This Part
Saturday, October 15, 2011 5:03 PM
Where do i find a fuel regulator for my 97 sunfire gt 2.4L
Re: Name This Part
Sunday, October 30, 2011 5:10 PM
Cory Zabel wrote:

actually its an accumulator for your ac system. this is where your liquid refrigerant is stored so the liquid refrigerant does not make it to the compressor. if the refrigerant would make it to the compressor then things would come apart from togetherness. I do not think that the accumulator would be causing your problem. also the accumulator would not need to be changed unless your ac system was open to the air and has tons of contamination, but then your ac would not work. I just had cab climate control class at college and am now wi datcp certified.


LOL no its not.

Its the receiver dryer.

The accumulator is the thing bolted to the radiator that looks like a mini-radiator.

Common Cory get your @!#$ together.

Adam, the fuel pressure regulator is bolted to the left side (passenger side) of the fuel rail. Its the round thing with a vacuum hose going to it. The fuel rail needs to be loosened (removed with the lines still hooked up) to remove it and since the injectors are involved, its a pain in the ass. If you know what your doing it can be changed in half an hour in the driveway if the injector seals cooperate, but if not then your cars not going anywhere. If your not familiar with fuel systems have it done.











Re: Name This Part
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 7:28 PM
whats with the gas smell when i start my car?
Re: Name This Part
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:42 PM
The fuel pressure regulator is at the end of the fuel rail. It is right under the number "2" On "2.4 TWIN CAM. It also has a small black hose connected to it. Very simple to replace. You should be able to do it... Just don't light a cigarette while doing it.



BTW it is number 11.





Also... the accumulator is the picture you posted. The condenser is the thing next to the radiator.









Re: Name This Part
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:55 PM
wait your right.. I confused the condenser and the accumulator.

But adam, how the hell are we supposed to know what the gas smell is from other then a fuel leak somewhere lol.





Re: Name This Part
Thursday, November 03, 2011 7:18 PM
no idea i smell it when i start my car. so I am post to replace my fuel press.
Re: Name This Part
Thursday, November 03, 2011 11:39 PM
If you car is running fine and the FPR isnt leaking, then it should be OK.

If its just a gas smell its probably something else. Trace your fuel lines, you have a gas leak somewhere.







Re: Name This Part
Sunday, November 06, 2011 2:33 PM
Weebel wrote:

Cory Zabel wrote:

actually its an accumulator for your ac system. this is where your liquid refrigerant is stored so the liquid refrigerant does not make it to the compressor. if the refrigerant would make it to the compressor then things would come apart from togetherness. I do not think that the accumulator would be causing your problem. also the accumulator would not need to be changed unless your ac system was open to the air and has tons of contamination, but then your ac would not work. I just had cab climate control class at college and am now wi datcp certified.


LOL no its not.

Its the receiver dryer.

The accumulator is the thing bolted to the radiator that looks like a mini-radiator.

Common Cory get your @!#$ together.


no, it is an accumalotor. the thing bolted to the radiator which looks like a mini radiator is called the condensor. i even looked up accumalator at work(napa) for our cars and it is the part that is shown. even do a search.
Re: Name This Part
Sunday, November 06, 2011 2:49 PM
freelancer1988 wins the prize, it goes by both names since theres a dryer built into the accumulator that why you have to replace it if its been exposed to atmosphere for any extended period , the thing in front of the rad is the condenser. its been 20yrs since I was in school for HVAC and the parts are still the same.
A/C Receiver Drier / Accumulator

and the FPR is cake to change




Re: Name This Part
Wednesday, November 09, 2011 12:08 PM
I have a mechanic that I know threw my friends dad and he said the gas smell is a chorcoal canister.
Re: Name This Part
Wednesday, November 09, 2011 12:25 PM
Why did your mechanic friend throw your friends father? Did he throw him off a cliff or something? What happened?









Re: Name This Part
Thursday, November 10, 2011 11:29 PM
the mehcnaic is my old friends dad.

Re: Name This Part
Friday, November 11, 2011 4:43 PM
that makes sense...









Re: Name This Part
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:59 PM
Cinny is right.. its been a few years for me.

The receiver dryer and the condenser are the same thing, I just havnt heard it called the condenser for so long that I thought he was talking about eh accumulator.

If your charcoal canister is flooded then yes you can get that smell sometimes. It wouldnt be a bad idea to check that out. Thats why your not supposed to top off your gas tank





Re: Name This Part
Sunday, November 20, 2011 5:25 PM
How do i check if my charcoal canister is flooded?
Re: Name This Part
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 4:31 PM
IM not 100% sure on that. I dont even know where the hell it is on these cars, I've never seen it. But it its flooded, when your remove it , it should smell like gas really bad, although it probably will a little bit regardless.

Unless its near the gas tank I have my doubts that my car even has one.

But, if your smelling gas from inside the car, I have my doubts that thats it. Might as well check anyway though.





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search