Quarter panel - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Quarter panel
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:17 PM
I have a question does the quater panel you buy from a parts store just bolt on to the car or do you have to weld it in place. I have a 97 sunfire and its welded where to the trunk is. Also do i have to do some mods to make it fit. I never brought any auto body parts before and I see the rust is showing threw under the gas tank door.

Re: Quarter panel
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:32 PM
im sure im wrong about the exact number of welds, but i think it's somewhere around 150+ seperate welds holding the rear quarter panels on a sunfire. it's not just a bolt on thing.

some people have gone so far as to simply put a new panel over the outside of the existing one, but even that's a job for an experienced body shop tech.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:47 PM
What would you do if you had rust showing threw under the gas tank door?
Friday, August 17, 2012 4:33 PM
take it to a body shop and have them give you an estimate on how much to fix it the right way

Friday, August 17, 2012 5:24 PM
thats what I'm doing I'm going to repaie rthe rust I can get and let the body shop do the hard stuff and give her a paint job.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:44 AM
my neighbor said i have to take the whole passenger panel off and then weld a new piece on. Would I have to do some cutting or they pretty much take the old one off and put the new one on and weld it?
Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:15 PM
lafonjef wrote:take it to a body shop and have them give you an estimate on how much to fix it the right way

Friday, August 24, 2012 10:55 PM
i seen people fix that area by there gas tank door they cut it out and weld and sand and bondo and sand and paint wish i was that good at welding.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search