meets? - Page 18 - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: meets?
Friday, May 13, 2011 9:14 PM
Didn't make it to uni, but did make it home ok.....something popped on the way there, big cloud of smoke. I turned around got it home to find a puddle of oil under it. Figures, wasn't leaking a drop before that. Can't quite tell what it is yet, have to wait till that stuffs cooled, tomorrow. Could be turbo seals, oil return (hoping), or head gasket maybe? We'll see.

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust

Friday, May 13, 2011 9:40 PM
Damn that sucks... hopefully its something simple and cheap.

Elisa where is this "out here" at anyway?

Saturday, May 14, 2011 6:33 PM
no idea what i was trying to say in that message to be honest haha i was typing and talking. "Out here" i think i ment st paul
Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:25 PM
ahhh..

And Im attempting to finish another project.

Going to finish the frame work tomorrow most likely but thats how she sits in the shop right now.. Once the engine is tuned up (parts coming next week) Ill venture out with it and start taking it to work

Monday, May 16, 2011 10:41 AM
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:if any one is interested, there are car audio competitions/ car shows around iowa wisconsin and mn all the time. a 2 show weekend in iowa (des moines and washburn ia) on the 14th and 15th. and a show in winona mn on the 21st

just throwing it out there

There's a show in winona this weekend????????????? what is it??? 100% interested! Went to school @ wsu so always up for a trip down there!

Monday, May 16, 2011 10:42 AM
2NVUS4U wrote:The T/C cavy will be at cars &coffee tomorrow! 8D

Jason

Did you make the C&C on the 7th??? I led our G and Z crew in! Didn't see any Cavs there?

Monday, May 16, 2011 10:46 AM
Elisa Thorson wrote:everyone is going to unidale now so pretty much everyone is meeting back up at sunfoods. I know that some people go out thursday nights now too. I try to go out every friday and sat night. last friday night there was quite a bit of people out there the parking lot was almost full and everyone left on their own without the cops kicking us out

Good to know...Nick (z2fst4u) and I were wondering where everyone was going now that UNI is all tore the F up.

Monday, May 16, 2011 6:16 PM
StreetDreamZz wrote:
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:if any one is interested, there are car audio competitions/ car shows around iowa wisconsin and mn all the time. a 2 show weekend in iowa (des moines and washburn ia) on the 14th and 15th. and a show in winona mn on the 21st

There's a show in winona this weekend????????????? what is it??? 100% interested! Went to school @ wsu so always up for a trip down there!

yes, at audio designs, a db drag show, should be some SICK cars there (audio wise) its free to watch and bring your car to show off!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=209815605708593

click sig for my car audio videos
Monday, May 16, 2011 8:13 PM
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:
StreetDreamZz wrote:

yes, at audio designs, a db drag show, should be some SICK cars there (audio wise) its free to watch and bring your car to show off!

actually would come down..but my bachelor party just so happens to be this weekend.

Here's the updated shots of my car from the 7th weekend..... http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=224459&t=224459&p=2

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:53 PM
I was there, didn't get there till like8-830, they said there was "no more parking". My slow ass friend didn't want to get goin in the morning. And well to be truthful I really didn't want to be pulling in there with his beat up hatchback behind me anyway. Not joking, told him what it is, he still wanted to bring it, and its beat the f up.

Don't think I'm gonna make it to the June c&c though, too much goin on.

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:12 PM
StreetDreamZz wrote:
Elisa Thorson wrote:everyone is going to unidale now so pretty much everyone is meeting back up at sunfoods. I know that some people go out thursday nights now too. I try to go out every friday and sat night. last friday night there was quite a bit of people out there the parking lot was almost full and everyone left on their own without the cops kicking us out

Good to know...Nick (z2fst4u) and I were wondering where everyone was going now that UNI is all tore the F up.

down by sunfoods the street isnt torn up yet. its just mostly around where porkys was

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:44 AM
2NVUS4U wrote:I was there, didn't get there till like8-830, they said there was "no more parking". My slow ass friend didn't want to get goin in the morning. And well to be truthful I really didn't want to be pulling in there with his beat up hatchback behind me anyway. Not joking, told him what it is, he still wanted to bring it, and its beat the f up.

Don't think I'm gonna make it to the June c&c though, too much goin on.

Jason

Yeah, I think June is a busy month for a lot of people. Seems like everyone I've talked to has something going on. C&C lands on the 4th of June,...my wedding day. So I'll be out of commish till about mid June.

Elisa Thorson wrote:
StreetDreamZz wrote:

down by sunfoods the street isnt torn up yet. its just mostly around where porkys was

So does the lot actually still draw a crowd? Man I remember when we used to have 50+ cars ...used to drive up from Winona when i was going to wsu. Stayed with Nick and went out Fri and Sat nights.

Do you guys/gals still have J meets? Nick and myself put together some pretty big ones back in...what was it, 2008? lol, damn time flies!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:31 PM

Elisa Thorson wrote:
StreetDreamZz wrote:

So does the lot actually still draw a crowd? Man I remember when we used to have 50+ cars ...used to drive up from Winona when i was going to wsu. Stayed with Nick and went out Fri and Sat nights.

the crowd has gotten bigger since porkys shut down thats where mostly everyone goes now and not just the honda guys. There is really no j's out there though its kinda sad actually

Do you guys/gals still have J meets? Nick and myself put together some pretty big ones back in...what was it, 2008? lol, damn time flies!!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:43 PM
Just got back from South Dakota for work ... any sign of a meet yet??

-dan

Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:49 AM
not that i know of :/
Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:47 PM
StreetDreamZz wrote:
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:
StreetDreamZz wrote:

actually would come down..but my bachelor party just so happens to be this weekend.

Here's the updated shots of my car from the 7th weekend..... http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=224459&t=224459&p=2

Damn dude you must have waxed the ever living crap out of that thing. It looks like its wet and made of glass. It looks really F-ing sweet with those wheels and what not.. especially that clean. It would drive me nuts and be afraid to drive it LOL.

Friday, May 20, 2011 7:37 AM
^^^ haha thanks bro! yeah I put a lot of work into it the few days before the meet, and the wheels actually came in the DAY BEFORE(friday the 6th) so I got them mounted and balanced the night b4.

Friday, May 20, 2011 4:22 PM
Nice work on the G Lance! Those wheels definitely set it off. I just hoped on the G train a few weeks ago myself, time to sell the cavy.

Totaled 2008
Sunday, May 22, 2011 2:07 PM
Are those insured about the same as a 350Z or is it a little cheaper?

Sunday, May 22, 2011 2:31 PM
I couldn't tell you as far as the Z insurance goes, but full coverage on my 2005 G35 is $52/month through Progressive.

Totaled 2008
Monday, May 23, 2011 8:35 AM
I think im getting royally screwed over by my insurance company

Monday, May 23, 2011 11:49 AM

Monday, May 23, 2011 12:33 PM
QuasiZ (Raiseup) wrote:Nice work on the G Lance! Those wheels definitely set it off. I just hoped on the G train a few weeks ago myself, time to sell the cavy.

thanks bro! what year you got??? Are you on the G forums????

hop on here....
http://myg37.com/forums/midwestern-37/

..i put together a meets just like I did on the j forums on here.... on the 7th and there were over 50 G's and Z's there! HELLA time..GREAT people!

Monday, May 23, 2011 12:35 PM
Weebel wrote:Are those insured about the same as a 350Z or is it a little cheaper?

the same or cheaper....actually the exact opposite, its more expensive. G's are the Luxury side of the Z platform. G35's have the same motor/tranny as a 350z....G37's are the same motor as 370z's.

Differences are a G has a backseat, has a lot more interior "luxery" options....basically a straight sports car turned into a classy sports car.

Monday, May 23, 2011 9:44 PM
My thinking was that you might get an insurance break because its not a "pure sports car" but I quess the insurance company knows better on that particular car.

Thought it might have been classified as a luxury instead of a sport.

I pay like $77 combined for liability on a 97 sunfire and 88 f-150 a month, so by comparison WTF? LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search