Off Topic - Page 119 - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Off Topic
Wednesday, May 14, 2008 4:55 PM
I was going to make a post about this, but does anybody want to help me install 95 - 99 z24 skirts on my 02 cavalier? I should have all the parts, self-tapping screws and clips. We could do a photoshoot afterwards, pm me if you are intrested.

Arlo, how are you and Dylan doing? I'm back in Minnesota so if you want to meet up some time just let me know.

-dan

Thursday, May 15, 2008 3:17 PM
So how long has www.mnj-bodies.org been for sale..... I saw dan's sig and thought... "well, I haven't actually checked out that page in a long time... I wonder if they changed anything":.... and it comes up for sale.... I was never actually a member though.... although I know a lot of people (casually) that where.

Dan.... where are ya living now anyway...... I'm still in Owatonna so that might be a bit of a drive for me if your in the metro area.... good luck with them though... they shouldn't be that hard to put on.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:03 PM
Sam,

I am down in the Twin Cities, not too far away from Dylan and Arlo. Apple Valley to be exact. I know it shouldn't be that hard to install them, it's just always good to have a set of extra hands. Nobody has been willing to help so far so the option is still there.

-dan

Sunday, May 18, 2008 11:51 AM
I will also have sone fog lights that need to be installed. A gift might be givin to the one that helps the install, it's up to the helper

-dan

Monday, May 19, 2008 5:52 AM
I might have a buddie coming to visit me from Wisconsin this week, but if he doesn't show up.... depending on the price of gas.... If I can weasel brophy into stopping by so I can sell him his strut bar I'de be willing to stop by for something to do... besides... the bar is just collecting dust...... I'll have to see what my buddie decides to do.

Monday, May 19, 2008 11:39 AM
^^^ PM sent

-dan

Monday, May 19, 2008 7:31 PM
hey nice to see ya on here again arlo.....

dan.... if i was up there in MN id be there to help but im about 9 hrs away haha

The one, the only, ME.
2340 lbs without me and dropping
141 hp @ 6300 (ran out of rpms)
123 ft lbs @ 5200
running lean on stock ECU
megasquirt here i come
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:43 AM
dubduce18s wrote:^^^ PM sent

-dan

PM replied to ....

I'm actually about 1.5 hours from Dylan and Arlo's..... I get lost every time LOL.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 10:40 AM
Bigari Balsagna(04eco) wrote:dan.... if i was up there in MN id be there to help but im about 9 hrs away haha

So, drive up you btch! lol

-dan

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:02 PM
you paying the gas lol

ill be up that way middle of august for my 10 yr reunion with my son i may swing through and say hi if i can

The one, the only, ME.
123 ft lbs @ 5200
megasquirt here i come
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:28 PM
im super bored. if anyone wants check karnages update on his car. i painted it this weekend

Saturday, May 24, 2008 7:57 AM
PROJECT: COLORBLIND CAV UPDATE

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, May 24, 2008 1:32 PM
nice choice of hood. i love the invader hood design

The one, the only, ME.
123 ft lbs @ 5200
megasquirt here i come
Friday, October 09, 2009 10:34 PM
wow sucks to see this died and this region pretty much died to

The one, the only, ME.
123 ft lbs @ 5200
megasquirt here i come
Friday, October 09, 2009 11:42 PM
Ya I know....

Everyone has pretty much sucked for the last 2 years...

What ever happened...

Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:27 AM
yea if not more. the ole meets were agreat time and alot of good people

sunfire gone she will be missed very much
Saturday, October 10, 2009 12:55 PM
I still have pics of those....

Hell the only reason I rushed to fix my tranny this spring was so I could make it to any meets we have.... well its fall now and we havnt had one...

The 2nd gear synchro is starting to act up again wich really pisses me off.... but isnt bad..... IDK what the hell is up the the Isuzu transmissions in these cars.

I'm going to rebuild my other one eventually (maybee put a nice clutch and flywheel in there while IM at it)...... Hell neither the engine or tranny or original in my car LOL

Hell.... everyone as either seemed to move on, left, or bought a completely different car.... I'm even thinking about Getting something different in the next few years.... (My Sunfire might turn into my DD IDK yet) But I have decided that if I ever stomp my transmission issues that im just going to put a suspension on it and maybe tune it and be done with Performance mods... IM thinking either IROC era Camaro or Fox Body Mustang with a crate motor. But either way, I'll always be around as long as this place exists.

Hell.. even Tony is hardly around anymore..... after he bought some form of a Dodge / Chrysler

We really should keep in touch..... Hell we could still have meets no matter what we drive.... it would just be a bunch of guys that started out with (or still have) J-bodies.... if only at first....

But I doubt it would happen..... it seems that the only people that have meets around here anymore are Corvette owners and thats just plain wrong..

Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:09 PM
well me i moved around a bit out of MN and have now been in arkansas and still here. but my sunfire got repoed sucks its was just beginning to be fun. i now have a 90 integra myself.

i think part of the meet dissapearing was the fact that a huge group would say they would be there and then when the time came it was only like 4 or 5 people, or money issues. i know when i still lived up there i had to drive 2 hrs to the cities for the meets, which was a little tight but i still went a few times and made the effort to go. Arlo Dylan Dave Tony Nick Etc. were all great group. to the point they'd make time to help ya with a project on your car even if it meant staying up late haha. they did that for me when i installed the lowering springs on mine i drove to the cities and they lent a hand and tools/ equipment to get it done.

sunfire gone she will be missed very much
Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:23 AM
Well me personally, I just kind of moved on (college took up most of my time). My J is a DD now as I'm purchasing something in the near future. Dyl and Arlo no longer live down in the cities.... Joe, Jason and Dave are all doing their own thing as well. Last I heard Nick was doing basic... I think. I haven't heard from Dan in a LONG time, probably 2-3 years now. Regardless, a lot of us keep in touch and still hang out.

Totaled 2008
Sunday, October 11, 2009 9:27 PM
I live in Nor Cal now been here almost 3 years besides my tour in Iraq and misc TDYs places. I still have the cav looks like @!#$ but I got a vert Im swaping everything to but its my DD and I got a bike now and prob buy a truck in the future so not sure how much longer the J will be with me.

JHound
I took a Grey Hound bus to the 2005 GMSC Bash

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/501000-501999/501209_5.jpg
Sunday, October 11, 2009 9:50 PM
Brophy Joined the army.... Drew L (the one J_body owner and member where I live) still has his car but keeps to himself, Aaron Harris Drives a Mazda Speed 6 and I have no clue how the Turbo Tech racing thing is going for him or if he still works at Wenger or not..(Aaron if your reading this let me know... I've been wondering if you actually got a shop ever opened up or not), Josh bought his Regal and seemed to disappear, Gary moved away, I have no clue what happened to Matt (I have no life) or Almir, and all of my money is being saved for a new bike (newer sport bike) right now so no mods on the Fire until after that....

Im sure I've forgotton some people in my last couple of posts.... im going from memory here.

But I did take her out and got her up to triple digit speeds for the first time in over a year today.... that felt good. I love that car and I'll never sell it.... but its not far from being finished... and I really want to go V-8 RWD if Im gunna make some real serious power and go drag racing... 3 cars (having a DD besides a drag car and the sunfire) and 2 bikes living in a triplex might be a little extreme but it will still prob happen.

Sunday, October 11, 2009 10:59 PM
Im still around, I traded my cavi in few months back and got a 2008 jetta. I hate my self for doing it cuz i miss that car right now. Im hopping to be back in jbody world by next summer. Its nice to c that some of u are still around. Last i heard matt( ihavenolife) got done with school and got a job in wisconsin.
Monday, October 12, 2009 2:27 PM
Yep that's right Almir. I got a job out here in a suburb of Milwaukee. It's not a job in the field I studied, but it's a job. I still stop by on here on a daily basis and check to see what's going on. It seems like this whole site is starting to go down the crapper. Everyone is arguing with everyone now, it's not just a select few people anymore.

I still have my sunfire plus a 05 cav I just bought today! Picked it up for $5k and it only has 40,000 miles on her. I will be selling the sufire after I swap the suspension over to the Cav. I don't know what the plans are as of yet. I think I'll be starting with the saab turbo then upgrading from there.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:51 PM
I still pretty much hate all you guys.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:38 PM
^^^^ I hate you more and want your car!

Totaled 2008
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search