Gauging Interest on rolling chassis and other parts - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gauging Interest on rolling chassis and other parts
Monday, December 22, 2008 12:36 AM
Coming next spring/summer, I will either be selling my 97 gt as a rolling chassis or parting out what is left from it. I am gauging interest on the entire vehicle for starters. The car probably should be used as a show/track car with the modifications done. Here is what it will and possibly could include with the sale...

1997 Grand Am GT Rolling Chassis Exterior
- The entire car is primed professionally primed and needs to be wet sanded before paint. I have the stock paint for the car which will go with the car if it sells.
- The car has the full Andy's body kit installed with molded side skirts.
- The fenders are RARE. These are the (96-98) fiberglass Z3 fenders which are no longer produced and very hard to come by. I believe only a few sets were ever made. The fitting on them was horrible and it took a lot of work to make them look right.
- SE trunk lid without the stock spoiler or holes.

Interior
- Interior dash, trim/panels, and door panels.
- Can include the 4 red Racing seats currently in the car w/ racing harness's.
- Can include the Bride steering wheel currently in the car.
- Can include the Infinity reference components.
- Can include the Momo auto shift knob currently in the car.

Wheels & Suspension
- The car is lowered on Intrax springs w/ KYB struts and shocks
- If the car would sell, it would come with the 96-98 stock GT rims and tires.
- All suspension mounts were replaced with KYB mounts when the car was dropped.

Drivetrain/Mechanical
Heres where things get tricky...
- The car would come with no motor, exhaust, or hood.
- The car would include the auto transmission and axles.
- The HVAC and windshield wipers have been removed for the turbo setup I currently have on the car.
- I removed the stock engine mounts and modified the locations for the 2.4l Turbo tech racing top engine mount and RK sport lower dogbone mount. These would both be sold with the car for the new owner since there is no way you could install the stock top engine mount again.
- The ECM in the car is tuned for my turbo setup so you would need a new ecm or reflash.
- There is currently a 255lph Walbro fuel pump in the car. This would stay with the vehicle.
- The AC in long gone.
- Fuel lines have been rerouted for extra room.
- The engine harness has been modified for things not currently being used. I would be willing to work with the buyer to swap the harness from my 98 over to make it work if need be.

The Bad
-The transmission has been shifting very hard into gear causing excessive engine movement. I wouldn't even bother with this trans. I would either by a different trans to drop in or weld in manual mounts and swap to a 5-speed (I have a 5 speed transmission, driveshafts, clutch pedal assembly, clutch cylinder, shifter assembly, shift cables and 96 5 speed ecm for swap. Buyer would need mounts, clutch, flywheel.

-The steering rack is gone and needs to be replaced. It burned 2 pumps on me before I put it in storage this year.

I have no idea what I would want for the car so PM me if you are interested and maybe we can work something out. I am really flexible and easy to work with.

Pics!!!

If the car doesn't sell, I will be selling everything out of it including...

-(4) Racing seats w/ (2) 4-point harness's
-Bride steering wheel with Momo Hub
-Momo auto shift knob
-Infinity component speakers
-Intrax springs & KYB struts/shocks
-Andys bodykit with molded sides to the GT panels
-Rare Fiberglass Z3 fenders
-Yank High Stall 3000rpm torque converter (2 miles on this)
-spoilerless trunklid
-1 Gal of stock red paint
-Any Body/Interior part
-5 Speed swap
-Extra rebuilt Isuzu trans (50,000miles on it)
-Fuel tank with Walbro 255 pump
-Turbo tech engine mount
-RK sport engine mount
-Innovate LC-1 kit with digital a/f gauge. (used 10 minutes under idle only)

Again, this car should be bought for track or show purpose with the mods done and if no one shows any interest, I will be parting out everything listed above. Throw some offers at me guys/girls. I'm not looking to get rich from selling this so entertain me!
thanks,

Brandon

Re: Gauging Interest on rolling chassis and other parts
Friday, December 26, 2008 9:08 PM
no one wants anything off the car?

Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:21 AM
I would really like the racing seats for my cavalier Z24. but I just want the front 2!

Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:45 PM
everyone pm'd

Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:38 PM
How much do you want for the torque converter and steering wheel/hub?

Monday, December 29, 2008 10:58 AM
offers man...offers. Remember, the car won't be parted until spring tho since its in storage.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:01 PM
I'll give you $300 for the torque converter and steering wheel setup. Spring works...car should be up and running by then. The converter will work with the 3T-40E transmission right?

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 3:40 PM
thevilliagemon wrote:I'll give you $300 for the torque converter and steering wheel setup. Spring works...car should be up and running by then. The converter will work with the 3T-40E transmission right?

I am not positive about the converter but I am sure you could find the answer somewhere around here. I will keep you update as it gets closer to spring.

Brandon

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search