1991 Eclipse GS turbo FS - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1991 Eclipse GS turbo FS
Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:19 PM
Pretty much a pre-sale for this car. I cannot officially sell the car until my ION is able to be back on the road, (which should be by Wednesday this week, Friday by the latest)
But I am throwing this up now because I have the time to do it now.

1991 Mistubishi Eclipse GS Turbo, FWD, turbo, 5 speed manual. 131,532 miles. I am the 3rd owner that I know of this vehicle, I bought it from an older gentleman that did not want to drive it no more (more on this later). He bought it in 1996 with 40k on it. at ~70k the timing belt broke, and he had it fixed professionally including all the damage done to the head. He continued to drive it until about ~124k when I bought it. He is a customer of mine at my shop. He had some problems with it and didn't want to fix it.

Car is completely stock, un-modified. I drove this car all winter, I never had a major problem with it. I had a few minor with/maintenance work that was needed to be done, but is typical with a car of this age. I managed to get 36mpg driving to Iowa in -5 degree weather.

Since I have owned this car I
Changed the trans fluid with Syncromesh
fixed 2 brake lines that broke
re-surfaced the front rotors
balanced the tires
New tie rod ends,
aligned
and did oil changes.

The good about this car
Completely stock un-modified strong130k mile engine
Everything works
Power locks
Power windows
Sunroof
Boosts 12psi NO problem.
Does not burn oil. Checked very often, I have never had to add oil in between oil changes
Does not loose coolant.
When the vehicle was brought to me it had a coolant leak, I found that the radiator was leaking slightly. He didn't want to put money into this car, and took it home. He ended up putting stop leak into it (doh!!) But it seemed to work, I have yet to replace the radiator and it has not lost a drop of coolant all winter
Good tires, replaced in pairs at least 70% left on all 4 tires.
Transmissions shifts smooth
Quiet, just replaced the rusted muffler, with an aftermarket OE replacement muffler (non dual tip like the stock)
Clean black interior
Aftermarket stereo, and all the speakers work
Great gas mileage

The bad about this car
No power steering. The high pressure line is leaking near the rack, I didn't want to fix this problem so I took the PS belt off, so the pump would not be damaged.
Could use rear brake rotors
One rim has a slight bend in it, causes a slight vibration in the steering wheel, but the tire/rim balanced out
Bottom half of driver dash vynal is peeling away.
No catalytic converter removed due to being clogged (exhaust is still quiet and other wise stock)
Body has rust (has been a Minnesota, winter driven car, most if not all of its life)
hatch struts to not work

VIN # 4a3cs54u4me029167
Asking $2200 or best offer

On to the pictures

Re: 1991 Eclipse GS turbo FS
Sunday, March 29, 2009 10:23 PM
i'd buy this if i had money and room.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Monday, March 30, 2009 7:55 PM
Make room

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:17 PM
pending sale

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:09 PM
hmmmm...a 1g dsm...cheap and fast...wait, they break. Ill think about it. Im actually lookin at an LSJ right now...so i cant really pass that by. But ill be in contact.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:39 AM
I have had no problems with it all winter, completely stock

but its should be gone tonight..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search