southern minnesota - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
southern minnesota
Monday, October 04, 2010 7:24 PM
im looking for someone who knows the ld9 and can rebuild one for me it is in a dirt track racecar

Re: southern minnesota
Monday, October 04, 2010 7:42 PM
aaron harris, from turbo tech racing lives in owatonna

Monday, October 04, 2010 7:48 PM
cool im in the mankato area so thats not to far is he on here
Monday, October 04, 2010 8:48 PM
no, try contacting him through his website. i think he still does some side work

Monday, October 04, 2010 8:50 PM
its a pretty dull scene here in owatonna. just me and Weeble live here

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 11:15 AM
Is it built at all, or just stock? If it's stock, you might be better off grabbing one from a junk yard rather than rebuilding. I paid 5 or 6 hundred for my last ld9, and 1500 to have a 2.0 rebuilt.

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 12:50 PM
i have a bare block that needs to be machined and was thinking of eagle rods and je or wiseco pistons.i broke a rod last year and bought a junkyard motor and it popped the head gasket right away because who ever had it before me did a head gasket and never used new bolts the bolts were stretched way to far. i just want piece of mind that it is done right so i don't half to swap motors again next year i went threw one motor and 3 head gaskets and the motor in the car right now spun a bearing
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 12:51 PM
i still won the track championship even with all those problems i won 8 of the 14 races
Saturday, October 09, 2010 1:51 PM
Ya its basically just me and the Captain LOL

There used to be another guy wish a black sunfire that was going to school in mankato but I havnt seen him around in a long time.. is name is Drew.

I have a LD9 in my car... and I need to use the jump pack on it again and let it run for awhile now that I think about it. I've never torn one down to the pistons, but I have swapped cams.. Aaron (turbo tech) may have IDK for sure.. he had a turbocharges Z24 for awhile.. come to think of it I have no idea where he's located ion town, I wonder if hell ever set up an actual shop somewhere or not.

You dont see my car around much anymore.. (was in mankato a couple of weekends ago with it though) because it still needs some transmission work and some other crap and im focusing on my bikes right now.

My typing just keeps getting worse and I have a new keyboard... so I suck atm.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:39 AM
Weebel wrote:Ya its basically just me and the Captain LOL

There used to be another guy wish a black sunfire that was going to school in mankato but I havnt seen him around in a long time.. is name is Drew.

I have a LD9 in my car... and I need to use the jump pack on it again and let it run for awhile now that I think about it. I've never torn one down to the pistons, but I have swapped cams.. Aaron (turbo tech) may have IDK for sure.. he had a turbocharges Z24 for awhile.. come to think of it I have no idea where he's located ion town, I wonder if hell ever set up an actual shop somewhere or not.

You dont see my car around much anymore.. (was in mankato a couple of weekends ago with it though) because it still needs some transmission work and some other crap and im focusing on my bikes right now.

i almost bought that car, he traded it a year ago, who ever owns it know lives off of rose st.

Aaron was just living off of the sales from his website, what hes doing now im not sure. Hes married with children now so im almost positive he wont be setting up shop anywhere, not for along time anyway. He became less and reliable over the last 4 to 5 years.

Friday, November 19, 2010 11:25 AM
if you are willing to travel i can build you whatever ur heart desires.

im about 1.5 hours from the mn border down here in sioux city, iowa.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing

Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:05 AM
Weebel wrote:Ya its basically just me and the Captain LOL

Yeah Drew went to be a fire fighter up in the Twin cities about 3 years ago, he use to help out around here a lot, but we lost touch quick.

I didn't know you were still in town Weebel, I knew Josh was. We have been very busy here. Many new products are in process for the cobalt/ecotec, which we cannot speak of yet until testing is completed. You and or Josh should get ahold of me and stop over some time and check out the shop. Could maybe use a hand in the future, as we currently hire a MIG welder and another guy as a TIG welder (2 items which I had to get off my plate and have others help me out with). We do all the machining and powder coating here now.

Dont have as much time as I would like to actually work on cars to busy making product, getting orders out the door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:08 AM

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Sunday, November 21, 2010 3:02 PM
where are you working out of now, Aaron

Friday, February 04, 2011 11:38 PM
Damn I completely missed this LOL

Ya I have no freaking clue where your at either.

Im still around but Im usually either in a rusty red ford pickup or tearing ass around town on one of the bikes in my Sig.

The Sunfire only gets driven on weekends in the summer or if the Truck breaks when its not MC weather.

Might have to track ya down through your website if its still up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search