96 Z24 Cavalier, modified, W41 cammed. Pics and Vids inside. - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
96 Z24 Cavalier, modified, W41 cammed. Pics and Vids inside.
Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:29 PM
I am still dailying this car, just drove it from IL up to Minnesota where my dad lives. I will be up here for a few weeks if anyone wants to check it out. I am located near Rogers but always head down to the cities.

I am selling my college car that I have owned since 08, it’s a great car but now I am building 2 other cars and cannot own 3 at the moment. I have daily driven this car and still do today, I drive it from Minnesota to south of Chicago and then down to college in southern Illinois and have recorded 36 mpg with it. The car is modified and cammed and I have tuned it using HP Tuners to get amazing gas mileage. The car has 234,000 miles on the body but I have swapped in a motor out of a 2000 Z24 that has roughly 100,000 miles on it. When the cams and valve springs were installed I replaced the head gasket. I have replaced wheel bearings, ball joints, and axles recently.
Here is a list of the mods

• 2000 2.4 motor
• RK Sport 4-2-1 header
• custom catback with greddy muffler and resonator
• hptuners for tuning
• NVG T550 tranny
• spec stage 3 clutch
• fidenza lightweight flywheel
• 2.3ho manifold
• rc 320cc injectors
• 56mm tb
• aem alternator pulley
• TurboTech Raching upper motor mount
• W41 cams
• 2.3 HO valve springs
• TurboTech Racing polyurethane trans bushings
• Team Green LSD
• 95-99 Toyota Cavalier tail lights
• RK Sport lowering springs
• Full wire tuck in the engine bay

here are some vids

dont mind my turn signal on in this vid i was waiting at a light to turn and forgot this would show up in the vid

Re: 96 Z24 Cavalier, modified, W41 cammed. Pics and Vids inside.
Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:25 PM
price?

click sig for my car audio videos
Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:35 PM
Willing to part the toyos

Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:43 PM
how great pic taking how you keep under the hood so clean?
Friday, July 01, 2011 11:38 AM
whoops, asking $3000 on it, but im parting it out if people want stuff so i can work on the price.

lafonjef wrote:Willing to part the toyos

yes i am, i have tail lights to replace them but i cannot find my stock pigtails.

adam wagner wrote:how great pic taking how you keep under the hood so clean?

ive got a decent amount of work under that hood, wire tuck and all, i just keep it clean, spray it down with soap and water. idk.

Friday, July 01, 2011 4:27 PM
how come you went with purple cam cover?
Saturday, July 02, 2011 9:15 AM
cuz it was the only paint i had at the time, it was for stuff on my other car but i wanted to do something cuz the other cover i had on this car was horrible and i didnt want to put up for sale pics with it looking bad. ive got a lot of these covers, ill spray another some other color soon

Saturday, July 02, 2011 2:20 PM
What you mean you have alot of these covers in different colors?
Saturday, July 02, 2011 9:04 PM
adam wagner wrote:What you mean you have alot of these covers in different colors?

its his hobby, just like some people collect stamps and stuff

he collects the covers

Saturday, July 02, 2011 9:52 PM
nice and paints them up to look sweet looking nice have him do mine they he lived close.
Sunday, July 03, 2011 1:32 AM
adam wagner wrote:nice and paints them up to look sweet looking nice have him do mine they he lived close.

I do live close, im in Rogers, MN.

Sunday, July 03, 2011 6:24 AM
how did you get HP tuners to work on a 96 ecu?

Sunday, July 03, 2011 8:15 AM
Jake wrote:how did you get HP tuners to work on a 96 ecu?
Swapped ecus with a 97

Gary clean ass car man glws

Sunday, July 03, 2011 10:16 AM
blucavvy wrote:
Jake wrote:how did you get HP tuners to work on a 96 ecu?
Swapped ecus with a 97

Gary clean ass car man glws

thanks bud, for a cheap daily driver that gets amazing gas and has good power, i love it! This car rocks to rip around in. you are totally correct, swapped my whole engine harness and pcm for 97 stuff.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:39 PM
Car is sold. The kid that bought it roasted 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down my road leaving. He called me 30 minutes later saying that the clutch is not grabbing properly anymore. Needless to say I sold my baby to someone that is going to ruin it He came here saying that he doesnt know how to drive a stick, never owned one, but that he has driven his buddies civic a few times, I thought he was going to baby it and just drive it and get used to it, not beat it the whole time on his way home.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:02 PM
That sucks to hear man, but you have to expect it, people are stupid.

Tell him never to call you again, because when it breaks none of the stock replacement parts will fit anymore, lol

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:12 PM
That does suck. I hope he does not "rice" it out, lol.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:26 PM
He will probably wreck it before he has a chance to rice it out.

Hey gary.. you ever find out what it would run in the 1/4?

BTW if you know anyone that want to trade an Eco cavy for a 2.4 powered sunfire with secret cams and full exhaist, plus some cash let me know.. Im sick of fixing the damn transmission the synchros went out again. Never know someone might be looking for a project and your one of those people that know guys with like 3 J's laying around.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:47 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:That sucks to hear man, but you have to expect it, people are stupid.

Tell him never to call you again, because when it breaks none of the stock replacement parts will fit anymore, lol

actually i told him to call me first if it breaks, i want all them parts back for dirt cheap lol.

Weebel wrote:He will probably wreck it before he has a chance to rice it out.

Hey gary.. you ever find out what it would run in the 1/4?

BTW if you know anyone that want to trade an Eco cavy for a 2.4 powered sunfire with secret cams and full exhaist, plus some cash let me know.. Im sick of fixing the damn transmission the synchros went out again. Never know someone might be looking for a project and your one of those people that know guys with like 3 J's laying around.

nope, i never got to run it. if someone didnt buy it this week i was going to set up a dyno session to get it tuned and see what power it put down as well as hit up the track, but the first person that came to look at the car bought it. im actually pissed that none of you turds on here bought it, i wanted to see it go in some good hands and get taken care of properly. I've got my fingers crossed that if he wrecks it he calls me up so i can buy it back.

man quit putting that @!#$ty isuzu in it, why have you not swapped to the getrag yet? or at least the nvg like i ran? why not consider doing an eco swap on the car? i can get you the parts needed for cheap, you will just need to locate a motor cuz the one ive found may not be running. I can have a full swap as early as tomorrow

Friday, July 22, 2011 1:59 AM
I would have bought it but the wife wont let me have any more projects. And for the money I can put a built motor in the cobalt and run 11's haha!

Friday, July 22, 2011 1:08 PM
That stage 3 clutch should of been able to handle alot of abuse. a trip down the road "roasting" 1,2,3.....should be well within the capabilities.

Friday, July 22, 2011 1:25 PM
Maken Waves wrote:That stage 3 clutch should of been able to handle alot of abuse. a trip down the road "roasting" 1,2,3.....should be well within the capabilities.

not when you dont know how to drive a stick and are riding the clutch while you do it. clutches dont hold up to being partially engaged while hammering on it. I've been driving the car daily and just came up to MN from IL, there was nothing wrong when i drove it otherwise i dont think id trust getting stranded on an 8 hour car drive. Since coming to MN ive been driving it everywhere, ricekiller meets, cruises, the twin cities, all over the burbs, not one issue. I just drove the car to the junkyard earlier that morning and picked up a window motor to give the guy cuz the drivers side quit working, there wasnt any issue driving out there 45 minutes away an hour before he came. Also the clutch was holding up just fine when they test drove it and there was 4 dudes crammed in the car, so i dont know what they did on the way home to fry it.

Friday, July 22, 2011 2:02 PM
Well it doesn't really matter at this point, it's his problem now, lol

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Saturday, July 23, 2011 12:25 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:Well it doesn't really matter at this point, it's his problem now, lol

well yea but it was still my car that i loved ya know. sucks to see it fall apart like that.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 12:29 AM
i wish i couldve bought it but i has no money

couldve traded you my bird tho =p (no one really wants it)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search