FS: 2006 MazdaSpeed6 Grand Touring - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS: 2006 MazdaSpeed6 Grand Touring
Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:27 PM
2006 Mazda MazdaSpeed6 Grand Touring
52K miles
Hard to find color - velocity red mica
$17,500 OBO

Features:
• 2.3 L DISI turbocharged engine - 274 HP, 280 lb-ft of torque
• AWD – Mazda’s Active Torque all-wheel drive system
• 6-speed manual transmission
• Leather heated seats
• Keyless entry and ignition
• Bose stereo – 200 watts with a 9” subwoofer
• 6-disc CD changer
• Stock radio modded with a 2.5mm input for iPod, MP3 player, etc.

Extras:
• Lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit springs
• LED Taillights - Quality “CAR LED” brand (stock taillights included)
• Fin antenna, color matched (stock antenna included)
• Mazda RX-8 wheels currently on the car
• Stock wheels with Michelin X-Ice snow tires in great condition
• Tinted windows all around, I believe it is 25-30%
• Aftermarket test pipe after the downpipe

Parts Replaced:
• Power steering pump (8/10)
• Purge solenoid valve (11/10)
• Interstate Professional battery
• Rear antenna for keyless entry system (8/11)
• Turbo – replaced under warranty due to a known issue with a leaking seal
• Rear diff and Transmission fluid was changed with Amsoil SevereGear(1/11)

Up for sale is my 2006 MazdaSpeed6. I believe I am the 3rd owner of the car. I purchased it last spring from a couple in Kansas. They took very good care of the car and was driven very little in the winter and always garaged. Since I’ve had it, it was stored for most of the winter. I drove it on some of the really snowy days, and the AWD system works awesome in the snow. It was impossible to get this car stuck, especially with the Michelin X-Ice snow tires.

As far as maintenance goes, the previous owner had all of the maintenance done at a dealership and always had Mobil1 full synthetic oil put it in. I’ve always used Mobil1 full synthetic oil also. I’ve ran the Mobil1 Turbo Diesel 5W-40 oil. If you read up on the forums, this oil weight is preferred due to the turbo design and a common turbo “smoke” that can occur with different weight oils. I’ve had excellent results with it.

As you can see in the previous list, I’ve taken care of a few maintenance items since I’ve had it. The power steering pump is known to be a bit weak in the car and went out last summer. I replaced that with a new one from AutoZone. The purge solenoid is a common part to go bad, which I also replaced. The battery is less than a year old, and top-of-the line Interstate brand. The rear antenna also is common to go bad which prevents the keyless entry from working. I replaced that with the newly designed antenna that is sealed to prevent water from corroding the internals of it. The turbo was replaced under warranty when the previous owner had it. The seal failed, and was swapped out with a brand new turbo with a better design. I’ve got the paperwork on that from the dealership. I’ll have to look at the mileage on it, but I don’t think the turbo has more than 15K on it.

For preventative maintenance, I flushed the transmission fluid as well as the rear differential fluid. On the forums, people really liked how the Amsoil performed, so that’s what I changed it with. The diff got the Amsoil SevereGear Lube, and I forget what the name of the transmission fluid was. I can look it up if need be. It’s a very smooth shifting car and has absolutely nothing wrong with the drivetrain.

This is an extremely clean car both inside and out. Besides the normal rock chips and a few scratches here and there, the exterior paint is in excellent condition. There is absolutely no rust anywhere. It is by far one of the coolest red colors you will ever see. Pictures don’t do it justice. You really need to see it in person. The interior has been kept extremely clean as well. When I purchased the car, I removed the seats from the car, shampooed the carpet, and did a full detail of everything. I ran a CarFAX report on it before I bought it, and it was never in an accident then and never when I had it. I can provide the report by request. I’m very particular about my vehicles and I can guarantee that this car is in tip top shape and has always been meticulously maintained.

For the price listed, I’ll include the RX-8 wheels, the stock wheels with snow tires, and all of the extra accessories listed. I’m willing to negotiate on price if you don’t care to have some of the things included.

I really hate to sell the car. It rides beautifully, handles great, and is a sharp looking car. However, I’ve got a few car projects that I’ve been meaning to finish for quite some time, and I need the funds to do so. I’m also looking at purchasing a house, so my priorities have changed a bit unfortunately.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to shoot me an email to heier(dot)luke (at)gmail(dot)com Otherwise you can also call or text me at 715-three zero one-0686. Serious inquiries only please.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Re: FS: 2006 MazdaSpeed6 Grand Touring
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:53 PM
ohhhhh i like the rx8 wheels on there. very cool.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:56 PM
Thanks Brad! Every time I get in it to go somewhere I wonder why I'm selling it, haha. Now I'm having second thoughts...

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:24 PM
I'd have a hard time too

Saturday, September 03, 2011 9:15 AM
Car is SOLD! Thanks everyone for looking!

1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search