black cat custom - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
black cat custom
Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:35 PM
These easy to install?

http://www.blackcatcustom.com/

Re: black cat custom
Friday, September 30, 2011 9:19 AM
Shouldn't be very hard, if you ever need help with something, pm me I live right down the road, white bear and larpenter area.

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Friday, September 30, 2011 12:58 PM
did you install them in your car?
Friday, September 30, 2011 1:31 PM
2NVUS4U wrote:Shouldn't be very hard, if you ever need help with something, pm me I live right down the road, white bear and larpenter area.

Jason

where about? i work right off 94 and whitebear.

Friday, September 30, 2011 1:31 PM
The hardest part about putting any gauges in, is 1, taking the dash apart(timely), and two, making sure you don't mess up your needles.

I remember when i originally did mine ...what...6 years ago? I followed the directions that came w/ the APC ones, which told you to remove the needles, mark them, and then reinstall. DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!! Most of the gauges that are made for the J's slip right over the circle around the base of the pin. I learned this after i messed my first one up and having to find a junk yard to install another one.

Friday, September 30, 2011 9:22 PM
so dont remove the needles. I was going to put the dimmer dome light on and the climate control face plate.
Monday, October 03, 2011 7:10 PM
As previously stated, don't remove the needles. I purchased the Black Cat guage overlay years ago (probably 7yrs??) and they are supposed to slide over the needles. I didn't have much luck as the holes on the guages were not big enough to slide over each needle, thus bumping a few needles and messing up the guauge cluster. I know some have had luck with Black Cat and some have had luck with APC. Do it at your own risk... worse case scenario, you buy another guage cluster if something goes wrong.
Monday, October 03, 2011 8:14 PM
I had some custom gauges made from them. Love them, they are by far the best ones you can buy for our cars. I used an 02 cluster, removed the needles, yes. I know some poeple say it cannot be done, but I was able to accomplish it.

Fill up your tank, that should be self explanatory.
    Let your car cool down.
    When cooled, turn your car to the On position, do not start.
    Take notes to where the needles rest in the On position.
    Take your dash apart, which is easy. Search for write ups.
    Take dash out, remove gauge housing, take cover off etc.
    I used two butter knives, in opposite positions to pry the needles off. Don't rush. Take your time.
    Next remove your gauge face, take your time, as well with this. Use a hair dryer or heat gun to loosen the glue.
    Get rid of any goo, with 3m adhesive remover or goo gone, or anything similar.
    When cleaned, apply the new face. It has double sided tape to adhere.
    Once done with that, you will want to plug the cluster back into the car, Without the needs attached.
    Turn the car to On, as you did in the earlier steps and place/push securely, the needles to where you marked on your notes.
    Take your time, have steady fingers, so don't drink or get stoned before hand..lol jk
    Also, don't push too hard to where the needle touches the gauge face. Leave about an 1/16" to 1"8 gap, between the two.
    After you are done, reassemble everything.

All of my readings are accurate and still are after 2 years, so I can't complain. I would highly recommend their gauge face or even better their cluster replacement. One of my favorite mods in my car. I have the HVAC and dimmer control face to match, as well. Here is a pic. Good luck, feel free PM me if you have any questions.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:23 PM
how you get the dimmer plate off?
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:44 AM
Adam wrote:how you get the dimmer plate off?

the dimmer plate stays connected to the shroud around the gauges. No need to separate it at all to install gauges. there's just screws allllllll the way around everything. I remember that stupid dash...hated takin' that thing apart

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:50 AM
how you change the lightning that more work?

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 12:10 PM
You can either solder in bulbs, or get a gauge overlay with a color in it. Mine is currently red in my 99 Z.

You can choose from blue, green, red, and yellow.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:47 PM
is it legal to have neon tubes in your car while your driving? or is it for show?
Thursday, October 06, 2011 6:56 AM
2NVUS4U wrote:Shouldn't be very hard, if you ever need help with something, pm me I live right down the road, white bear and larpenter area.

Jason

so, basically you like less then 10 minutes away from me. when do you wanna help with a blower set up? lol

~DVST8R~ aka ThaCaviKid
Nitrous is like wanting to have sex with a hot chick that has an STD... you wanna hit it,
but you are afraid of the consequences

Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:03 AM
Adam wrote:is it legal to have neon tubes in your car while your driving? or is it for show?

It depends on the state your in. check with your local authorities.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:23 AM
Warren...you have my #, don't you?

USACi =>146.9db
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 11:17 PM
Adam, you can have neon installed on your car and drive it, just dont try driving the car on the street with them turned on or the first cop that see's you is going to pull you over.

I wouldnt even drive in a parking lot with them on.. wait until your parked to turn them on, then turn them off again before you put the car in gear.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 4:41 PM
I mean like can you have neon inside your car like you can get neon that plugs into your cig lighter from in the auto section.
Thursday, December 08, 2011 8:44 PM
Same rules apply(what weebel said) inside or out. So unless your building a straight show car, neons summed up, waste of $.

Jason f

USACi =>146.9db
Friday, December 09, 2011 1:41 PM
i went out to start my car and my theftauto light is on and wont shut off. what should i do?
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:33 PM
Adam wrote:i went out to start my car and my theftauto light is on and wont shut off. what should i do?

I would make a new post in the appropriate forum, and/or search for answers for your problem instead of asking unrelated questions in someone else's thread.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:39 AM
I made this thread.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search