Recommendation for Wiring... - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Recommendation for Wiring...
Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:06 PM
Not sure where I should post this so I'll start here.

My headlamp wire harness needs some 'attention', a few yrs back my battery leaked and conveniently ate through the harness killing all my exterior lights. After hearing the quote/labor costs for a new one ($550 + $300) I decided to fix it myself. Did a pretty good job but its acting up again and I want to take it to someone that can fix it in a slightly more professional fashion.

Can anyone recommend a place that can help me with my wiring issue, I'm in the Mississauga Area.

Thanks in advance.

Paul <br>

Zorba

Re: Recommendation for Wiring...
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 1:35 PM
Have the same problem, and haven't found any place that does electrical work.
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 4:19 PM
It's not hard to repair a damaged wire. It also shouldn't cost u much either! You just need to get the right gauge wire that is the same as the factory wiring and make good connections using a solder iron, some heat shrink tubing, and some electrical tape. Since it seems you'd rather take it somewhere which doenst guareentee that you will get a great job done.....I'd suggest that you look in the yellow pages and look for places that deal with "auto electric". These guys mainly do the electrical side of the car as well as general repairs. There is a guy down the street from me called Street Brothers Auto Electric. THey do some good work, they are located in Richmond Hill <br>

Ryan1

Thursday, March 31, 2005 1:11 PM
Well turns out I took it to the dealer and they were able to fix it for me cost me about 1.5 hours worth of labor but they were doing other things with it so it was easier. I'll have to keep Street Brothers in mind for next time (hope there won't be a next time).

Thanks,

Paul

Zorba
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search