RK Sport CF Parts GP - Looking for feedback!! - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RK Sport CF Parts GP - Looking for feedback!!
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:55 AM
Hey guys....

Well after many discussions over pricing with my supplier, here it is. This is NOT an official group buy as of yet (so mods, please do not delete!). I am simply looking for feedback on these prices. There are already significant savings from these prices, but if there is room for improvement, I will certainly try!

Important Details:

1)The RK Sport comparison price is based on their retail price, plus the most extreme shipping distance cost in the US. Of course, these numbers are then multiplied by the bank's exchange rate. (Note that yahoo finance will show a lower exchange rate, but the bank will never give you that rate, its usually 3 pts higher)

2)Keep in mind the Rk Sport prices do not reflect shipping to Canada, which is very costly as many ppl have found out when receiving items from the US. On top of that you then have Border fees to pay.

3) Any applicable duty fees have not been taken into account with respect to the RK Sport price.

4) A broker fee was then added to the price, to comprice the "Final RK Sport Price in CAD$."

5) All prices do not include taxes.

6) Canadians only!!!

7) My price does not include shipping. Why? My shipping cost, versus the RK Sport additional shipping cost to Canada would cancel each other out, thus no savings are applicable. It is possible that there may be savings, but you're already saving alot as you can see!

Please everyone let me know what you think! I will be setting this up within the next couple days in the Group Purchase forum.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------
'97 Z24

Re: RK Sport CF Parts GP - Looking for feedback!!
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:26 AM
Pictures:

CF Battery Cover

CF Brake Fluid Reservoir Cover

CF Carpet Retainers

CF Cav trunk Bezel

CF Door sills

CF Ecotec Engine cover

CF Ecotec Throttle Cable Cover

CF Fuse Box cover

CF Mirror Covers

CF Radiator Cover/Shroud

CF Radiator Reservoir Cover

CF Sunfire trunk Bezel

Note: All images are copyright RK Sport Inc. Customcartuner.com does not claim any one of these images to be property of theirs.

'97 Z24
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:21 PM
nice prices... can you keep the gp going for a bit tho when you start it... I need to gather some cash!

<b>"In this world, nothing is certain but death and taxes." </b>
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:53 PM
DO IT!!!!

Need CF pannel

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:42 PM
Boourns, do it on the wheels I want or the Tokicos... jk
Not really interested in engine/cf parts, but if you do other GP's I might be interested. (Mainly suspension parts or exterior is what I'm after)

BTW I gave someone your email who was interested in the D-Specs as well.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:06 PM
I'd be interested in the CF battery cover.

email at:

leclairs@mts.net

cheers

Steve

<a href="http/www.cardomain.com/id/fireside">stevefire23</a>
Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:46 AM
Wojtek wrote:DO IT!!!!

Need CF pannel

It's worth it. I get nothing but complements. Just keep in mind you have to buy aftermarket tails with that.

I really want the CF rad cover. Seen it on Borg's car and it's so sweet. To bad I won't have that kind of cash for a while

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:23 AM
Well I'm not money bags but I do have a plan for this summer, and that CF filler
is part of it. As for the lights, EBAY!!

I'm surprised at how expensive the engine pieces are, I guess they're not too easy
to mold.

Hey White_Zzzzz@Customcartuner.com (thank god for copy and paste)
if there isn't much interest, can you still hook me up?

Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:48 AM
Hey guys

My plan is to do this in two phases. 1 order will be placed two weeks from the GP date, and then a 2nd order will be placed in another two weeks. Sound good?

There will be no minimum purchase limit. If we only get 1 person, the prices still apply.

The reason why these pieces are expensive are because they are REAL CF!! No fake look-a-like CF stickers boys & girls! Well that and its RK Sport. Although RK does have a very good reputation for producing quality parts, so we should all take that into account.

Im looking to post this up tomorrow, so be sure to check the GP purchase forum tomorrow.

Cheers Everyone!

'97 Z24
Friday, March 04, 2005 7:37 AM
Are the door sills for the outside?? The piece that runs along the bottom?? Mines got little white dots popping up on it.

Friday, March 04, 2005 11:28 AM
The door sills are the pieces that go on the inside of your car. I think we're talking about the same thing?

As for the white spots. They could be from a number of things such as car wash soaps, wax, polish. Its really hard to say. I wish I could help you more.

'97 Z24

Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:24 AM
Here is the link to the GP guys

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=50&i=11562&t=11562

Thanks
Scott

'97 Z24
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search