Question for all Winnipeg J-Body owners - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question for all Winnipeg J-Body owners
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:39 AM
Question for all Winnipeg J-Body owners. I was wondering how many people own a 99 to 95 sunfire with a manual transmission, the reason I'm asking is because I wanted to know how many time your tranny has blown, and how many people have problem with there speed sensor? Do you think its better to buy a Sunfire 2000 and up or to buy a Sunfire 1999 and earlier?

Re: Question for all Winnipeg J-Body owners
Friday, March 11, 2005 7:07 PM
Ive never blown up my tranny... its kind of hard to do unless you dont know how to shift.

I'm getting my transmission rebuilt this summer, but only to handle the power I'm throwing at it.

personally, I like the isuzu transmission (5spd) but others will argue they are @!#$.

The thing about the isuzu 5spds is that most of the isuzu transmissions (fwd only) are almost interchangeable when it comes to the gears.

Back when Isuzu made Impulse's they had a transmission similar to ours (internally) except that they had stronger differential gears. (and a few different gear ratios)

Its funny, because GM's diff gears in our transmissions are CRAP, and its usually the breaking point when they go.

If you get your hands on an impulse diff for cheap, you've got it made. (at least a lil' bit better then it was)

cheers,

steve

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search