help with licence plate ticket - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help with licence plate ticket
Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:54 AM
Hello everyone

The other day I got a ticket for not having my front licence plate affixed to the front of my car. I'm going to set a court day and just hope the police officer doesn't show up but I'm wondering if there is anything else that could be done. The only reason I didn't have it on is because I haven't decided where I should put it on my blitz/evo front bumper. The plate doesn't really fit inbetween the fog lights so I have no idea where to put it. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: help with licence plate ticket
Thursday, March 17, 2005 8:51 AM
i had the same problem, but the cop let me go.....i told him i just got my aftermarket bumper installed and i didnt feel comfortable drilling holes in my bumper for the plate, i was waiting for the body shop to install it properly.
Thursday, March 17, 2005 8:55 AM
I just cable tied mine to my mesh in my front bumper

just do NOT cut your plate lol

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!
Check out my site http://members.cardomain.com/lil_z

Thursday, March 17, 2005 11:08 AM
Well you're obviously going to have to figure out a way to properly attach it.

Once you do, take some photos and bring them with you to court. In some cases, they'll dismiss the charge when you show you've fixed the issue.

When I got the same ticket, the officer told me to bring pics of the plate on and he'd drop the charge. He ended up not showing up.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:20 PM
thanks for the help everyone I will figure out where i'm going to put it today take pics and hope that the officer doesn't show up.
Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:31 PM
also in most states, displaying the plate in your windshield is acceptable also.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:08 PM
Slammed Ohv wrote:also in most states, displaying the plate in your windshield is acceptable also.

Not in Ontario.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:33 PM
you have 3 options: pay the ticket
2. set a court date and fight it
3. say your guilty with an explanation
when i got my ticket for the same reason, i did the 3rd and only had to pay 10 bucks
Thursday, March 17, 2005 4:27 PM
ya just install it, take some pics, bring it to the court date, and hopefully it will be dismissed like kevin said.

and just like cavy chick, i use zip ties to hold it in place in the meshing on my bumper.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:13 PM
I got the same ticket b4... I told the prosecutor at the 1st attendance that the mounting plate snapped off when I was going thru a car wash, and I just did not get around to installing a new one yet. It's was winter and she believed me... muahahahahahah!

<b>"In this world, nothing is certain but death and taxes." </b>
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search