dent puller - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dent puller
Sunday, March 27, 2005 3:28 PM
hey everyone... my baby has been beaten for the first time

since i got it, i got all kinds of dents, but nothing this bad.... i was parked and someone hit my front passenger fender... its not horrble... im sure it will come out with a smack or a dent puller... im wondering where to get those suction cup dealy's they show on tv...

any ideas?

thanks

***Thanks again to stargrrrl***

Re: dent puller
Sunday, March 27, 2005 3:35 PM
depends on the dent ...the puller might not do the job
Sunday, March 27, 2005 5:32 PM
I just saw some in Canadian Tire. Same aisle as all the auto-body stuff. There's a couple of different kinds, though I'm not sure that any of them really work all that well.

If you try it, let us know how it works out.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Sunday, March 27, 2005 5:53 PM
ya i saw the ones on the canadian tire site, to see if i could get some from there...

The one i was looking at was 20 bucks so if it doesnt work, no biggy... but it apparently uses a glue gun in order to stick the cup to the dent... so it claims the glue is special for car paint and to not ruin it, and to not hold on if it will break the metal... it also comes with a special compound for cleaning the rest of the glue off.. probubly just like goo gone..

im worried it will ruin the paint and a little dent which could have been taped out, now needs to be taken off and painted?

guess we shall see... ill let you all know .... if anyone has used these and has a specific one that works and where to get it... let me know

Sunday, March 27, 2005 6:51 PM
Those don't work so well, I tried it on a huge dent I got from my sister last spring.

Ended up getting paintless dent removal done... $60 for the whole car.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:18 PM
whered u get that done?

Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:47 PM
ya just do that mikey...get it all done like chris did.

my dad has that dent king thing...you use the hot glue gun ilke you said...the glue is black in color, doesn't hurt the paint at all! comes off easily...hense the reason why the dents DONT come out!

Monday, March 28, 2005 9:06 AM
hey guys, just bought the Ding King from canadian tire to try it out... in theory it works... i have quite the big dent, and it takes it out peice by peice... havent tried the small dings, according to Vince, it does better work on the big ones...

i dont really have to patience, a lot of waiting involved and sometimes for nothing cause either something happend or you didnt wait the full 5 mins... but every second or third time, the glue will pop off like vince said.. so i mean its definatly a good idea, but its also a gamble if it will work, and how long its gonna take to get the dent out... obviously depending on the size

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search