Looking for fender - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for fender
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:12 AM
hey guys, if you didnt see my post about the dent... my front passenger fender has been nicely damaged.... the dent remover did a bit, but apparently cause of the sharpness of the dent it has to be removed, pounded out, and repainted

GM (which i would never actualy go to) wants 450... and MY GUY wants 250... which isnt bad... but from what i have seen on the net... i can get one from a wrecker for 150-200ish possibly painted.

so lets say i get one from there i can pay 200 and my guy will paint for 50 bucks or so.. but atleast its never been damaged.. i would feel better with a never damaged fender over one thats probubly miss shaped and bondo'd

my question to you all is.... does anyone have a pass side front fender from a year the same as a 99 SE coupe... (as long as its the same, i dont care what model or year)

red would be amazing, but if not, no big deal... im in thornhill... so anyone close would be great too...

thanks for the help

Mike

***Thanks again to stargrrrl***

Re: Looking for fender
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:13 AM
mikey, i need a driver side fender, mine is dented too... also red..... perhaps if someone has a set we could work somethin out... i've got an 98 GT, so i believe the fenders are the same
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:42 AM
ya... np... sounds great..

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:56 AM
GM wants 450 bux, wow, i remember when i botched my climate contol knobs when i was painting them and they wanted 50 dollars EACH!!!
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:28 PM
thats nothing.... i took out my headliner a while back to redo it... all the screws that held the vanity mirors in place got stripped or messed up somehow... *i was a kid, forgive me* anyways, i went to GM to see how much... 8 bucks they said... i said.... ok... all confused and left... i went to another dealer years later, they said the same... i asked again... you sure we are talking about the same screws... the tiny ones no bigger then a finger nail.. he is like yes, 8 bucks... i said, total? he said EACH! this dealership is nice tho, he said "just go and get some from canadain tire or something"

what a crock... you think it cost them 8 bucks per screw to make.... please!

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:12 PM
Have passenger side fender from a 97 cavalier in good condition but theres two problems one, it's from a cavalier and two it's purple but I'll see if I can trade it for sunfire fender at my local wrecker for some reason these guys near me deal almost only with sunfires and cavs which is great for you and me. I'll give 'em a ring tomorrow and see if they can hook me up with a fender. and if they do I'll take $75 for it but you'll have to drive about 2 hours to get it, I live 5 minutes out of clinton.

1/4 Mile ET 15.2579 at 89.97mph
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 5:34 AM
thanks for the effort, i appreciate it.... let me know what happens, maybe we can work something out...

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:58 AM
check the junkers...if you find a red sunfire your set...from a U pull it yard, you're looking at 40-50 bucks a fender.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 12:21 PM
the problem is, i dont have the time to spend at junkers... and i imagine fenders arent too comonly found un dented.. usualy its the fenders and front end that are messed when they are in the junkers..

By the way Dean, If they have one that hasnt been damaged at all.. new, any colour... get it, but dont go out of your way... especialy if its been fixed.. keep in mind, DREW wants the driver side... so if they have one of those only, get it for him... feel free...

thanks again

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 12:52 PM
I phoned them up today and they said they can't get rid of any of the sunfire fenders becasue they're dealing with more banged up sunfires then cavaliers. so they need more sunfire fenders. Sorry guys.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:31 PM
thats @!#$... thanks for trying... whats the name and number of that dealer.... did u see how much they want for a fender?

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:26 PM
I'm not sure if they're selling any either because I tried getting a driver's side off of him in november and he said he couldn't sell me one because he needed all the ones he could get. but heres the name and # of the place I was talking about:
Otten Auto Refinishing: (519) 482-5790
and heres another one you can try:
Jenkins Repair Service & Towing: 482-3717
Both are in the clinton/goderich area.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:19 PM
they dont sell them?

is this a junk yard or a shop?

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:34 PM
Ottens is a repair shop but he has lots of parts from wrecked sunfires/and cavaliers he buys mainly salvadged sunfires/cavaliers to save himself and his customers money on replacement parts. I bought a used power window motor, rear strut, door hinges, and a gas tank door off of him for $175. He has almost anything for a cavalier or sunfire the only reason he doesn't like selling the fenders is because most of the vehicles he is repairing have front end damage. and jenkins is a junkyard he should have what your looking for if Otten doesn't.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:32 PM
i figured, i thought you knew a person who worked at a junk yard... its a very very smart idea on their part.. but im just suprised they wont sell the parts, i understand not tradeing but isnt the reason they have those parts to sell them?

anyways, thanks for the help, i appreciate it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search