Help installing seats. - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help installing seats.
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:20 PM
I just bought after market seats but I don't feel comfortable installing them myself nor am I very handy. If anyone wants to come up and help me out that would be great. Just ask how much you want for the help. I'm in oshawa. Or if not how much do places usually charge to install them. I know there are how to guides on this forum but I am to worried to try it myself.

Re: Help installing seats.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 10:34 AM
All you really have to do is go out an get some cast iron 4 pieces (2 for each seat) and drill a hole in the cast iron pieces so the line up witht he holes on the seats AND the stock rails/sliders.

i am sure the how to guide will be better to use for instructions, but my point is if you mess up the worse case senario is the seats dont line up properly so you try again you go out and get more cast iron....i local shop just gave me mine free of charge. and then you try again. I wouldnt say do it yourself as it is nice to have someone for a second eye and to help you line everything up.......and for drilling the holes, well i just used a drill but got a a new bit from home depot i think i had to exchange it once or twice........

if you want me to take a pic of under my seat so you can see what i am talking about let me know.......i will get the pic and post it here anyway and you can take a look...

hope I helped

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search