Problems with the theft system - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problems with the theft system
Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:00 AM
In the last 2 days my factory theft deterrent has gone off 6 times. nobody has bothered the car as it has been in my driveway in plain site. it only seems to happen when i use the fob to set the locks. It also doesn't seem to matter if i hit the lock button once or twice it still goes off. I want to be able to use my fob so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bird

Re: Problems with the theft system
Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:25 AM
What do you mean by "it goes off"? We don't have a factory alarm. Are you talking about the "Panic" thing?

Are you hitting the panic button by accident? I disabled mine with some electrical tape inside the fob. It was nothing but an annoyance for me.

Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:35 AM
by "goes off" i mean the horn and lights. Maybe your car doesn't but if i hit the lock on the fob twice, the horn honks and the theft deterrent (whatever that is) is set. if i open the trunk, or reach in an open window and unlock it with the power switch, it will half honk 5 times then it goes full out lights and horn. this is what it is doing now but for no apparent reason. it has also started to honk three times if i unlock it with the fob (it has never done this in 2 years) i dunno!

bird
Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:42 AM
Ah yes. That thing.

Weird.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search