Help with pads and rotors!!! - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with pads and rotors!!!
Friday, April 08, 2005 11:53 AM
I need new brakes (stock size) and I was wondering if you guys have any input on what kind of rotors and pads to buy. The only company I can think of right now is Reybestos and I guess their stuff is ok for OEM replacements but I'd like to get something a little better then OEM replacements but still stay with stock size rotors.

I live in Scarborough, so if any of you guys have had a good experience with a brake shop in the area and one that carries good quality stuff...please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Re: Help with pads and rotors!!!
Friday, April 08, 2005 4:18 PM
If your looking for something a bit better than stock try going with some slotted rotors. I have them and you definatley notice a difference. I know RSM (www.rsmracing.com)shows them, at a half decent price, and they are located in Mississauga. I actually got mine through a Group Buy from Stop-It Performance Brakes, he's running another one right now. Although, I was able to have them delivered to Detroit and pick them up there, so no brokerage.
Re: Help with pads and rotors!!!
Friday, April 08, 2005 4:31 PM
a while back when i needed my front and rear breaks tuned up and at this time i was going to the dealer for all my maintenance... I asked how much it cost for front and rear maintenance... and they quoted me something... and i then went to JOE and RACETECH who quoted me a lower price for brand new KVR Carbon Fiber pads and cross drilled rotors (stock size) and he maintained the rears in that price for me...

love them... the CF pad makes a world of difference...

***Thanks again to stargrrrl***
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search