Wanted: 17's - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wanted: 17's
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 6:47 PM
Hey, Iam just wondering if anyone has some 17s up for sale. Rubber or not dosent matter, Just figured i would see if anyone on the org has any before i look elsewhere.

Re: Wanted: 17's
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:13 PM
If you find anyone, tell them I'll give them $400.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:28 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:If you find anyone, tell them I'll give them $400.

ahahaha lol

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:46 PM
I may be interested... how much u looking to spend...

***Thanks again to stargrrrl***
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 9:07 AM
About $400 for rims .. if they have rubber then ill pay more obviously. But then again this is my first time buyin rims so i really dont know what they go for.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:22 AM
i paid 1500 for rims and tires.. about a year and a half or so ago..

i have gunmetal motegi mr7's and 215/45/17's on them... decent tread.. store them for winters and dont burn outs or stuff.. im sure atleast 70 or up tread...

one rim has a bit of rash on it... but other then that.. perfect rims, love them, simple and nice..

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:37 AM
how much would u sell for?
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:11 PM
Good luck trying to score a set of 17's for $400!!

I've been trying, and I don't even care if they're a bit curbed up or anything.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:16 PM
How much are you looking at spending... Im not really interested in selling all that much but if you were to pay me enough, to make it worth my while..

dont listen to WW about price... its a running joke now... everyone who puts rims for sale, the first post is always WW asking for 400... no one sells them... he is looking for winters to use...

even if you dont buy mine, or i dont sell them or whatever... just a tip... a set of used 17's with tires in decent condition will be atleast more then 5-600 bucks... depending on all the variables and such...

good luck

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:43 PM
I have brand new winters on my stock rims. But ya, i know i can grab a set of 17's at tooltyme for about $500, but the rubber is another $400 cause i lost my contact at bmw, cant get any of there rubbers anymore.

I honestly dont have a tonne of cash right now. Iam willing to trade too, but if i could get some wheels with rubber for around $600 it would be awesome. Dont know what the odds of that happening are, i just dont wanna go buy new rubber for my stock rims cause i just got a good set of winters for them, and i would much rather have some new rims.

Btw... i just figured out the odometer light problem on 2000+ and also how to safely remove the needles, i havent found much info but a direct replacement, but i decided to give it a shot, and it just worked. Anyone wants to know how and ill post it somewhere. Hopefully save someone the money of getting it replaced.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:50 PM
I don't think you'll find any set of wheels with tires that you'd actually want to show off on your car for $600.

People get more than that for stock 03+ Z24 wheels.

As mentioned, I keep lowballing at $400 hoping to score a set that's been marked up or something so nobody will want to pay more for them. I just need them to use as winter wheels so I don't much care what they look like.

I mean... I've got standards. They're just really low.

Pretty much anything that doesn't look trashed or like those old 3-spoke ghetto wheels will do.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 1:14 PM
are u looking for 17's for winter? I have brand new winters on my stock wheels if your interested in that. There some continental winters i got through bmw in december.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 1:38 PM
I just picked up the wheels in my sig with Kumho Ecsta's for $600....3/4 tread left on the tires, small little scratch on one rim, the other 3 are perfect.

So it can be done, you just gotta look around alot and be persistent.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 2:18 PM
ya.. i like those wheels....

Ya, if something dosent come up on here in the next couple of weeks ill just go out to tooltyme. better grab some lowering springs there too while they have em on sale.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 2:47 PM
deflux wrote:I just picked up the wheels in my sig with Kumho Ecsta's for $600....3/4 tread left on the tires, small little scratch on one rim, the other 3 are perfect.

So it can be done, you just gotta look around alot and be persistent.

Oh... I'm nothing if not persistant!!

Knoxy: Your stock wheels wouldn't fit on my car.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 3:08 PM
How much are u looking to spend? The local shop here is selling alot of wheels off for $400-600 brand new. email me if u want me to check some out for ya, ill probably be going there in the next couple days, i could check prices for ya if ya want.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 7:21 PM
Which shop?? Can I just give them a call?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search