Paint Shop - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Paint Shop
Sunday, April 24, 2005 12:26 PM
Hello

My car is currently in a shop getting all the bodywork done and having it primered as well.. Now once this is done (not to sure when, 1 - 2 weeks probably) ... So I am looking for a paint shop near me (or someone who paints, and will do it in a booth).. I was told if the car is all primered and preped that I would be spending $200-400 just for someone to spray it with paint.. Well I called to Macco and they said $1000 just to spray it.. Now I know people don't like Macco but they have the better paint jobs... But I don't want to take it there....

Basicaly I am looking for a paintshop who will paint my car for a decent price considering the bodywork is done and the car is primered.. I don't want to take it far.. I am located in Whitby, Ontario...

I can supply the paint (from Dupont), but I need help getting the information I need about the paint (and other paint related things) so I can have my friend order the stuff from his step dad...

I am probably going to keep the car all yellow since I am sure that will lower the cost of the paint job.. But if someone will offer me a decent price to do my design I have (will post a pic) then I will have that done.. Honestly I don't want to have to spend anymore then $500 or so with the design.. I don't know how long I am keeping this car as I am ordering a Cobalt SS soon.. But again I don't want crappy looking paint job incase I do keep it.. But in the same aspect it doesn't need to be a show quaility looking paint job where I spend $5000 to paint it.. I just want a nice looking weekend car..

If anyone can help me out that would be great.. Again bodywork and such is done.. I just need to find a painter now.. I heard getting it painted in a garage is a crappy job.. But then I have seen some cars painted in a garage and it looks good.. So I am kind of mixed.. So if anyone can tell me if it looks really crappy painted in a garage let me know..

Any help would be great..

I already looked into Klear Kustomz and I am debating about taking it there.. But again perfer to have somewhere closer to Whitby..

Here is the design I would like.. This is the best pic I have showing the way I want it to look. It's from my signature on another board..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search