winnipeg post them pics - Page 16 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: winnipeg post them pics
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 2:19 AM
2hot4u wrote:Question who here is winter driving there car??? At first I thought I was going to but I'm really having 2nd thoughts I'm not sure what to do now, one hand I want a car to drive and on the other hand I don't want my car looking like $#!%? What are you guys doing for the winter???

I'm storing mine in my garage at home. I'm sportin the 98 4dr cav for winter

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:52 AM
whoa whoa whoa, you two are married? I thought you were just "doing it"

nice cake, love dairy queen ice cream cakes. My mom would always make some crazy cakes for me. One year she made a 4 layer cake, and made it to look like a can of alpha-getti. But instead of the little boys face on the can, she put my face, lol. I'll have to scan a picture when I get home to show you all what I mean, its good for a lark...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 5:18 PM
That's a pretty sweet cake! I want some cake.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?

For Sale:
Getrag '00-'02 2.4 8000kms $800
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:00 PM
I know a few of you guys have Koni Yellows on your cars I was just wondering how much the whole set up cost you guys? I plan on ordering mine soon, I was planning on getting koni yellows with GC coilovers, does anyone else have the same set up?
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:19 PM
randy does, cal does, ian does, and influx has yellows on all four.

I have yellows up front

I think they paid around the $600 mark but I could be wrong.

2 years ago I paid $640 JUST for the fronts.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 4:54 PM
I got mine for around $950 iirc.

Randy, Cal and Ian all have the GC's I think.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 5:34 PM
I'm pretty sure my yellow's were around 900+ CAN when all was said and done, and around $400US for the GC's. If you get the GC's, I strongly recommend ordering them with 1" taller springs than normal (at no cost to you), as otherwise you can't raise the car to stock height, and you can't go any lower than my car sits anyways.

For Sale:
Thursday, October 13, 2005 5:46 PM
I saw on Ground Controls website that they are 400$ US for a kit, but how many come in a kit 2 or 4?
Friday, October 14, 2005 12:57 PM
4 come in the kit

-------------
Now Blazing: Black Domina
Friday, October 14, 2005 5:52 PM
captaincarnage wrote:4 come in the kit

This is true.

For Sale:
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:20 PM
Ok you guys I just got a price from C.C for my Koni's he said 395$ piece so when all is said and done that will cost be about 1700$ does that sound right to you guys? If not where should I go?

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:06 PM
2hot4u wrote:Ok you guys I just got a price from C.C for my Koni's he said 395$ piece so when all is said and done that will cost be about 1700$ does that sound right to you guys? If not where should I go?

I believe they are sold in sets (front & rear), so that would mean $790 for all 4, which seems about right.

For Sale:
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:26 PM
Forget what I wrote earlier , I got the prices mixed up. What I meant to say was he told me 265$ a piece for the Koni's, which I found weird because they come in a kit one for the front, one for the rear, a I heard there is a new kit out that is front, rear and springs? Anyways 265$ is to cheap for any kit, and it seems to high for it to be each and plus I don't think they are supposed to be sold individulay. What do you guys think?
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:17 PM
I think you should phone him back and clarify if its for the set (of fronts or back) or if its for individual struts.

If its for individual struts, I would keep shopping around.

(there's a member on this regional forum selling reds and springs as a set)

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:50 AM
i wouldnt order nothing from CC customs, unless ur buddies with that guy.. my dad ordered a hood, tailights and grill inserts for his trunk and he waited months for them, hood came and it was @!#$tiest looking hood ever, and the real kicker was he put all my dads stuff on display and didnt bother to call my dad for a few months to let him know his stuff was in... to me thats not good business... but thats me, i wouldnt order @!#$ from that faggot...

-------------
Now Blazing: Black Domina
Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:44 PM
Order online, Karo @ CarCustom does great business from what I hear.

Anyways I paid around $850 for my Yellow's, and $250 I believe from Steve which were used already. They go around $400 brand new like others have said. It's a great ride, you'll be really satisfied. Although you might wanna get the 1" taller springs like Ian had mentioned. I already raised my car for the winter, and it's still sitting pretty low.

Goodluck with the hunt, have fun!

http://www.randybaluca.com
Friday, October 21, 2005 4:11 PM
Its funny how we only have 1 thread dedicated to winnipeg J's, and Ontario has the rest of the forum.

Friday, October 21, 2005 6:01 PM
That is funny, Ontario only wishes they could carry on a thread for as long as us Winnipeg J's can we almost have 400 posts thats awesome!!!! Winnipeg J's rule
Friday, October 21, 2005 6:54 PM
can't wait to be sitting in the seat of my next jbody... god dam i miss my car

RIP 98 Chevrolet Cavalier

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Friday, October 21, 2005 7:14 PM
z22sTyLeS wrote:can't wait to be sitting in the seat of my next jbody... god dam i miss my car

RIP 98 Chevrolet Cavalier

How did you write your car off?
Friday, October 21, 2005 9:29 PM
he drifted into a curb to avoid some indians

Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:19 PM
stevefire wrote:he drifted into a curb to avoid some indians

Had he hit the Indians would it have been considered "wildlife"? I'm kidding of course.

When are you getting a new car Brian?

For Sale:
Saturday, October 22, 2005 4:22 PM
What the heck were they doing, were they just standing in the middle of the road or were they trying to attack him? It just kinda sounds like there is more to it then he just drifted? Also you should get a Sunfire for your next ride!
Saturday, October 22, 2005 6:35 PM
I think he should get an SFGT convertible.. lol

but I dont think he will

he said he's definately getting a 2.4 this time around.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 11:16 AM
2hot4u, don't know if you checked out Sound Speed but they sell Yellows too. BTW tell that lazy a$$ to call me sometime.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search