Good ol' Winnipeg Theiving Bastards. - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good ol' Winnipeg Theiving Bastards.
Sunday, April 24, 2005 10:00 AM
So, monday night.....i lost over $4,000 of car audio.
And of course, MPIC being gay, im only gonna get 1000 back, Even with receipts.

Anyone ever heard of Car Audio Dealer/Installers stealin @!#$, or givin out adressess of customers. I had an indash dvd player, with the hideaway unit, and a bunch of other things.

Ive only had the deck for 2 months tops. And whats the point of stealing a deck without the faceplate ? and some wires even got left behind...so basically the deck is useless. The only person that could work with that would be someone who works at say Future Shop and could order in the necessary parts to have a complete item.

And kinda weird that they knew it was a dvd player and had a hideaway unit and where it was.

I had an alarm but they popped the hood and took all my fuses out.

I just wanna know if anyone else here has heard or KNOWN car audio places that steal @!#$

new pioneer avh-p7500dvd = 1600 CDN

Re: Good ol' Winnipeg Theiving Bastards.
Sunday, April 24, 2005 12:02 PM
thats @!#$ty to hear there bud, had my car broken into, and slashed up in the Garden City mall parking lot, and you sadly have to purchase extra coverage to get 100% covered by MPI... they're bastards when it comes to that.

now, the other question i have for you is, why haven't i seen you out at any wpg jbody meets?

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Sunday, April 24, 2005 3:35 PM
Ordering replacement faceplates cost nearly as much as the entire head unit itself.

However, the theives will probably visit the nearest Future Shop or Bestbuy & just steal the faceplate off of the display model. Happens all the time.

That really sucks! After having been broken into 3 times in the past 2 years, I gave up any notion of having an expensive sound system in my car. To me, it just isn't worth the risk anymore.

I Hope you have a change of fortune.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Sunday, April 24, 2005 4:37 PM
My advice to you is next time you want to get work done on your car deal with someone you know, I'm not going to name any shops but belive me when I say there's some pretty dishonest people out there who like to screw you over. Oh and sorry to hear that MPIC #%*!ed you over so bad .
Sunday, April 24, 2005 9:06 PM
i would be VERY skeptical of any shop thats not a dealer asking for your address and info.. I try to take ANY info out of the car that could help people find me.. and like other people said, try to go to places with a reputation and with referrals...

the problems i heard was people at dealerships or know someone at a dealer, they copy down your VIN and search it or get their friends at the dealer.. who apparently can also make a key! in that case, there isn't much you can do...

you got to be paranoid and suspect everyone

sorry to hear bout the trouble... good luck..

***Thanks again to stargrrrl***
Sunday, April 24, 2005 11:36 PM
yup i've heard of a few shops that do that... but i couldnt tell u honestly if it was true or not... winnipeg sucks tho...

-------------
Now Blazing: Bunker Bud
Monday, April 25, 2005 3:38 PM
thanks alot guys.

Damn, just cant have nice @!#$ in this city anymore.

Gotta love how u can work months to pay for something and some crack head takes it away in 3 minutes.

Im prolly gonna sell my car......but, ill just get another el cheapo GT with higher KM.
Still think they are great cars for the price.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 8:52 PM
ya, so sum1 find me an auto gt black with a sunroof

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 12:10 PM
gold99gt wrote:ya, so sum1 find me an auto gt black with a sunroof

its called an auto trader, 7-11 sells them, they are only $4.00 go buy one... or goto canadatrader.com and find one urself... thank u

-------------
Now Blazing: Bunker Bud
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 1:20 PM
Quote:

Anyone ever heard of Car Audio Dealer/Installers stealin @!#$, or givin out adressess of customers.

YES, in London they do that, i bought 2 brand new system's and both only lasted 3 months tops. I was beeeing extra careful in my area, music off when at least 2 blocks before getting close to my place. And still my $hit got stolen .... It was to wierd and i knew nobody over there at time. So im pretty sure it had to do with the installers and i heard rumors later on that year about that. But u never know lol. Good luck

~*Gilles*~

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 1:22 PM
Oh i forgot to add that they (audio place who install my stuff) installed my alarm as well and also the same thing happen, alarm was disconected ?? i still dont know the truth to that..

~*Gilles*~

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search