Does insurance company cover and Mods?? - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Does insurance company cover and Mods??
Friday, May 13, 2005 3:54 PM
Ok, I am sure this has been gone over before so I am just looking for some simple answers here.

My car is still pretty new and I pay to cover everything on insurance... so does that mean if someone runs into my new body kit that the insurance company will pay to have them fixed or replaced with the same type of bumper (Xenon) ??

Re: Does insurance company cover and Mods??
Friday, May 13, 2005 4:10 PM
i was in a hit and run accident back in november of last year. when the apprasial guy showed up he just shook his head and told me i'd probably be screwed. just keep receipts and take pictures when your done. that's what saved my butt. my agent after the car was all done and painted requested to see the car himself and he took pictures to add to my file. my main issue though was the paint that was on the car, they didn't think it had to be painted the color i had. and said they would only cover cost of the original paint??? but i fought and threatened to drop them and they came through for me. good luck and id call your insurance first to get it all covered properly.
Friday, May 13, 2005 4:38 PM
well it usually depends on the ins. when i had my rx7 i had everything covered from interior to exterior and i mean everything. i had alot invested into my 7 and it was stolen and all i got was value of the car 3000$ i faught the ins. compony for awhile and it went to court and i still got nothing except the value of the car so make sure you check

Friday, May 13, 2005 4:45 PM
If they know what you have done ahead of time, you have a much better chance. I am willing to bet that when that RX7 was stolen, they didnt know about your mods? I could be wrong...

I have show car insurance that limits how often I drive the car (shows, meets, cruis ins), but covers my car from bumper to bumper...

Friday, May 13, 2005 5:40 PM
this was well over 5 years ago and i didnt have "show car coverage " it was a daily driver alot of the stuff they didnt know about but i had reciepts. they said it was false and i was awarded non of it , since then i have switched ins componys and when i had the cav ins knew about all my mods just in case anything like this happened again saying it was gonna be a high profile car again <pshhh yeah right it was a 4 door cavalier > i talked to my rep and he said he garenteed all of it would be covered right down to the battery for the cavalier

Friday, May 13, 2005 5:59 PM
When my Cavy was totaled last month Progressive wanted receipts for the mods I had done to it. Unfortunatally I didn't keep much, so all I had was the receipts for the sterio stuff. They cut me a check for that stuff (minus 10% deapreasion). That was basically enough to cover my dedectuable.

I probally lost out on about $1,500 worth the stuff because of that. With my fire I'm keeping EVERYTHING

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search