where to get a 2.4l engine rebuilt or used ?hlp - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
where to get a 2.4l engine rebuilt or used ?hlp
Monday, May 16, 2005 7:13 PM
hey guys wanted to build a motor up on the side so i can throw it in a project car i am going to work on the side and just wanted to know any places where i can get a hold of a 2.4l engine for a decent dollar
-and how hard is it too get engines off scrap yards ??, never really asked them how
they deal with that, because i live near a couple so do u think that might be my best bet ??

Re: where to get a 2.4l engine rebuilt or used ?hlp
Monday, May 16, 2005 8:05 PM
i'm building my 2.4L right now, i pulled it myself from the wreakers, it was easy car the car was on top of another car, loosend everything and the engine dropped out onto the hood of the car under it. then i just wheeled it out with my dolly. the engine cost me $120. $140 with all the accesories on it. I sent the head and block to a machine shop to be cleaned and honed, the head was re-surfaced and looks new now. i'm installing the main bearings next week
Monday, May 16, 2005 8:14 PM
in case i am not as lucky as u how much u think it would cost for them to pull the engine for me ?? and i am going to look until i found one with reasonable low mileage and good condition and might be able to re build without sending out , but forget that part lol, how much do u think it woudl cost them to pull the engine?
i knwo i shoudl jsut phone but liek i said im in no rush but i plan to have a engine in mygarage by then end of summer and work on it over the winter
Monday, May 16, 2005 9:41 PM
i was gona get mine rebuilt.... my dads friend owns etobicoke engines he was goan do it for me for a decent price but im gettin a eclipse now so im just gona sell my car =P
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search