Looking for someone who did a water pump on 2.4 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for someone who did a water pump on 2.4
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 7:07 AM
Hello guys,

I was told I should post in this section to find someone wanting to help me with the water pump on my Cavalier Z24. I'm looking for someone that has done it before.

What's in for that person, well I'll give you $100 CDN, you'll get free beer and food for the day. Let me know if your interested by emailling me at private messaging me or replying on the forum.

BTW, I'm handy with my hands but don't want to be spending too much time trying to figure out how to take these bolts and those bolts. Considering I only have one day to do this, possibly 2.

SoupMan

- and no, 'Soup' in SoupMan does not stand for Soup Up but for 'Soup' as in Lipton 'Soup'. -

Re: Looking for someone who did a water pump on 2.4
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 8:29 AM
Job will end up taking a lot of beer and food and possibily more than one day, and by the end of it u'll be like " damn, i should've gone to the dealer ship in the first place" !!!

stock???

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 1:11 PM
don't do it man unless you got some power tools and proper instructions. I got some diagrams and some good instructions but u need the tools man....

---------------------------------------------------------
The Chronicles of Dust
View the website and read the Novel.
http://dustnovel.webs.com

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:13 PM
When you say tools, you mean power tools?

I've got everything you could want to do this kind of job. The only think I'd be missing is a blow torch to heat the bolts up. I'm going to grab a puller at princess auto this weekend if I have time.

I have a compressor, as well as a 1/2D inpact in case that's what you meant.

As for the beer, I'll by 2x24 if needed. You bring the left overs home. I'm not scared of the job, I'm scared of the details. The only reason I'm willing to pay and provide is to have a hand that is familiar and knows...

I have car bays and my garage is setup for car work. I'm currently rebuilding a Pontiac 400 block.

Let me know if your interested in help, not if I can or cannot do the job. BTW, $600 is what shops want to do this job NOT including parts. I'll get another motor on the side before wasting 600 on labor.

SoupMan

- and no, 'Soup' in SoupMan does not stand for Soup Up but for 'Soup' as in Lipton 'Soup'. -
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 6:44 AM
I have done a water pump on a 2.4 before and it's not hard but it does take some time, give it a try, all there is to it is that

1, you remove the engine mount to get to the timing chain cover then remove the timing cover
2, remove the exhaust manifold (this will make it alot easier to get to the water pump)
3, remover the tensioner (try not to move the chain or this will throw the timing off)
4, remove the water pump and last step put it all back together

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 7:59 PM
the dealer charges 6 hrs for labour alone plus parts ..... well above 700 bucks ... i got mine done for 300 dollars just remember when u buy the pump make sure its NEW n not a rebuilt of ur gona have the same prob in yr
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search