OBD2 code scans for free - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
OBD2 code scans for free
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 5:56 AM
I want to have my computer scanned for any codes, there is no cel, but according to shifted the computer will register codes even though there is no cel. Ive tried 3 ideas so far:

1)my old high school -->auto teacher is gone for the summer
2)Crappy Tire--> buy it and return it ---> they are being anal about returns
3)loaning it from Partsource --->they don't loan it out

Does anyone know of a place here in Canada like autozone that would scan it for free?

I still have 2 more ideas... go to the dealer where I bought my car or go to the wreckers and ask for a scan.

Re: OBD2 code scans for free
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:02 AM
Buy it from Crappy tire and ask the cashier if you can return it incase it is the wrong one... (In other words play stupid) She/He will most likely say sure with a reciept. (Accept that answer and get the cashier's name).

Take it home... scan the car... then come back the same day and return it... if they give you a hard time... just tell them the cashier had said it was okay otherwise you wouldn't have even bought it cause you were not sure it was the right one...

(Customer is always right) You will have your return magically accepted once you drop employee names.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:11 AM
Ok heres what i said to the auto lady... I have a 95 Cavalier (I got a 2001), I want to see if it'll work with my car because GM made a few that were OBD2 in 1995 so I want to see if it'll work, will you guys return it if it doesn't work? she said no.. and then i said i don't want it, i'm not gonna be spend 250$ + taxes and not be able to return it.
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:25 AM
Well, I guess you are not the scam artist I thought you were...

Your best bet next to that is a independent mechanic shop. They are usually dying for customers that they would check it for free hoping that you will get something fixed there. Other than that, you need to know someone... even @ crappy tire... just ask the punks that work in the garage if they could do you a favour. Some of them are cool... others are jack asses... getting free stuff isn't easy though.

On to missions part II:

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:33 AM
Crappy Tire wants 91$ for a scan --->rip off. I'm gonna drive up to the dealer where i bought my car hes cool he might give me a scan for free, i'll buy the part from him if he does he gets good discounts on parts.
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 7:49 AM
Eh, I have an OBD-II scanner, if you can make it to Mississauga between 7-3 where I
work, I'll do it free. I do this as a protest for people due to the fact that there is hardly
anywhere you can get a free scan done, like in the US.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:46 AM
thanks for the offer, I almost got a free scan today but the dealers scan tool wasn't working didn't know why. I'm gonna check out one more place and after that i'll consider your offer.
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 12:17 PM
^^^ lol, even after all the missions... he is going to 'consider' your free offer.

Sorry, that just sounded funny...

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 7:06 PM
^^lol, ya "consider" is such a harsh word

Thanks for the offer I'm gonna go to the AMC meet this sunday and nitro_kid from courtice is gonna be bring his scanner so it'll be all good.

Mission completed!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search