The Cav - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The Cav
Friday, March 18, 2005 7:07 AM
Hey guys, well I sold my 3.1 that I built a couple of years ago to a guy in the States from another msg board last month. Picked up a fresh 3400 with 400 miles on her from Ohio last month as well. There are a couple of pics of the motor intact. And past week have disassembled the top end for work and this week the bottom end will get taken apart but I'm playing the waiting game for a few parts to come in from the US. Its going to be a quick engine once its finished. Going to be a competitive year thats for sure.

The light surface rust is due to not being stored inside a warm place that is all. Finishing up the engine bay this week and just cleaning up a few things. Transmission and axles have been sent out.

Re: The Cav
Friday, March 18, 2005 11:22 AM
Looking good Louis, you better be calling me when putting that thing together and in the car.

Friday, March 18, 2005 1:55 PM
Will you also be twin turbocharging this one?

Toronto Street Racing | J-Body club of Ontario | J-Body Tech Library
Equality is a Prescription, Not a Description. Learn the Difference, Newbs.
Monday, March 21, 2005 8:27 AM
Nah i'm going a different route for this baby

Monday, March 21, 2005 8:39 AM
^^ Different route eh??? cant wait to see this cavy ready in time for the OntarioCavs/Fires show
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 2:01 PM
Can't wait to see it.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 10:00 AM

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:34 AM
Here are a couple of pics of the cam, just awaiting for pistons to come in and then the rest of the project came come together and the Z24Door can rape the streets once again...

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 7:01 AM
heh... I give it 2 years and you'll be pulling it out for a 3800... then another 2 years before you've got an LS1 sitting around waiting for mounts...

Nice!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:18 PM
Hope you post progress on the swap. I have a 3.1 with 58000km on it in my wife's car. She's planning on buying a new car and I'm looking into doing the swap. I've had a look at gtpsunfire's project , and I'm interested in seeing other swaps.
Thursday, April 28, 2005 9:49 PM
Yeah i'll have a bunch more pictures soon, pistons are going to come in soon so it'll all be ready to be put together. Lots of detail and nice goods into this engine, I'll be at the RSM show on the 14th with the car hopefully

Monday, June 06, 2005 7:50 AM
Here is a sneak peek of the bottom end with the pan off. Looks like a stock short block doesn't it? Quite a few differences to the trained eye :twisted:

Sunday, June 19, 2005 11:50 PM
Well a couple of more days and she will be ready to rape the streets, here are a few more spy pics,

Engine bay ready to go..

Finally have a nicely working trans with no bad 3rd gear syncros, although the tranny that I got for my swap a couple of years ago was free so I can't complain..

Entire engine bay is clean top to bottom including the subframe and control arms..

And now my favorite part, just a few more things to assemble and its good to go...

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 10:33 PM
A lot of people don't understand that a custom swap like the one that i'm doing takes a long time since almost everything has to be custom made or special ordered in, plus the fact that I work and have a gf and everyday life take a lot of time as well. Anyways here are some misc pics of the swap, etc.

Here is the return fuel line for the motor. Instead of going with compression fittings I kept it AN as I already had braided stainless steel AN line. This motor uses the quick disconnect while my old 3.1 had the 16mm and 14mm "saginaw" fuel injection fittings which you can buy with a -6 AN on the other side. Anyways Russell makes these fittings they are sourced from a LT1/LT4/LS1 motor EFI fitting in their catalogue.

Here is another pic

Here is a 3/8 tube compression fitting to a -6 AN fitting that I used for the feed line coming up from the frame rail.

Here is a pic of the engine bay a few days ago. Yes the stock manifolds are on for this week just to get it running and then i'll put on the nice shiny pipes soon.

An older picture of just before I dropped the motor in. My engine hoist makes it somewhat easy to drop a motor in by yourself :lol:

Here is a good shot fo the aluminum flywheel installed on the engine before the trans and clutch were installed

Here is a shot of the clutch, this nice piece should definitely hold up,

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:34 PM
Luis, I cannot WAIT to see and hear this thing on the streets!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:24 PM
Sweet, that things gonna be a real sleeper.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search