Ebay Info... please help - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ebay Info... please help
Thursday, July 14, 2005 7:46 PM
Hey guys. This computer i have is on its way out the window its giving me nothing but problems, so I am looking to add a MAC desk top to my long list of things to buy... If you guys are not into MAC i will not bother you with details. I have a G4 laptop already and now looking to get a G5 desktop, although those are very expensive, the cheapest around 2000 without monitor.

ANYWAYS, I went on Ebay to see whats available used or cheap. I found a bunch of ad's all saying "brand new G5 done up with 30 inch cine display" i found it kind of odd that more then one person was selling this same system. same size monitors, same upgrades... and ALL the email's were @aol. so i emailed one, asked him some questions... he said "i would rather use Wester union" i then looked around the ebay site, it says in bold a number of times "DO NOT USE WESTERN UNION, YOUR BUY WILL NOT BE COVERED" so i didn't email him back... went to another, he sent me LITERALLY the same email as the other guy, so i wrote back "are you the same person" he said yes, he has 2 companies he claims. very odd.. and so far both of those guys say the computer is coming from over seas.

Oh, i forgot to mention, this system he is selling is at least 10 thousand dollars in stores, he is selling for 1000 American.. which is REALLY odd...

anyways, i look at the other ads for one thats not @aol. i find an @hotmail. so i message him, i ask if he is the same guy, he claims he is not... but he owns a store in Romania, (and he happens to be selling the same products as the other guys and also requests western union only) *he claims because paypal doesn't work in Romania yet* but i said i wouldnt feel safe, he says if he calls up ebay and gives them the transaction records and addresses, you can use western union.

all these things make me very very suspicious.. although every one of them has 99 ratings. and good reviews. and the hotmail one has all kinds of money back guarantees etc..

Oh, and for some reason, all the ad's seem to be in weird areas, when i look at the place its posted, some are in "Dolls" others in "vintage computers" i don't know how that works? Now going back to check on the sales, it seems they come and go the ads, ill check once, its there, next its gone, then another ones there... different email, same guy..

I am very suspicious and its a lot of money to lose. i want to be protected.. and normally i would say @!#$ it.. but this is a steal IF its true... and i would kick myself to not take it, if its true..

anyone with ebay experience... please help asap!

thanks

if anyone cares heres what im looking to buy.

***Thanks again to stargrrrl***

Re: Ebay Info... please help
Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:20 PM
Dude, I know you've heard this "if it's too good to be true then it probably is...."

I wouldn't even waste my time or money if something looked as fishy as that....
Friday, July 15, 2005 4:34 PM
dont order through that guy mikey.

glad you posted this. I'm actually looking for a G4 laptop right now for school.

Friday, July 15, 2005 10:52 PM
lol. i would sell you mine, but i need it for school too and im really mad that once the g5's come out. they dont still keep a few g4's around... i got mine from my school store, not the best price, now i know more bout the mac products, wont be fooled again..

Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:47 PM
Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:54 PM
well i felt it was a scam sine the begining, but i really wantd it. i never gave him money or anything and i have been emailing ebay to ask them to check into it.. they never replied.. So once i asked him to ship COD he tried to tell me he couldnt, i said yes you can with UPS... he has not got back to me since i emailed ebay again telling them it has been a scam.. they replied, im going to give them as much info as i can...

vince, did you get my message?

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 10:39 PM
Non related to your computer question, but If you buy anything on ebay make sure you use pay pal and the the payment is made through a credit card. That way if the dude screws you over you just make a phone call to your credit card company and say you never recieved the item. I've had to make a claim two times now and both times to Americans. And thankfully my credit card co. came through for me by reimbursing my dollars!

Driving a busted-up 03 cavy (damn black ice 3yrs ago!!)
Got a front bumper last year, just too lazy to paint it, and put it on

My (Original)90 Z24 is now being retired
Way too much rust Maybe it will become a V8 or something very wrong (4x4)

Picked up another 90 z24 from the west coast no rust!
But a rod bearing is spun. I got a motor, just need time!

Man do I ever miss my 3.1 V6

Thursday, July 21, 2005 6:02 PM
well as i suspected the guy was trying to rip me off... he hasnt replied, so i went right ahead to report him to ebay.. i gave them all the info... and sure enough, he has opened a couple more accounts and emails and is selling the exact same products, with the same ads, and same pics...

i was going to try and email the new emails and see if he will ignore them

we will see what happens... i want a reward for catching this guy

thanks for the help guys

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search